SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #3

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #3

Post by JBF Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:33 pm

There was a lot more going on behind-the-scenes. Chris wasn't the only one at odds with JJ, but the editors decided to show him being fiesty with him over the others.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/the_bachelorette_men_tell_all_backstage_off-camera_details-2014-07

The alleged racial comment and Andrew getting that hostess' number dominated the evening during the taping, with a really interesting aspect of the discussion being how irritated many of the guys were that J.J. waited weeks to bring any of this up during the taping of the show. They also didn't like how he didn't confront Andrew about anything, he just mentioned it to other guys on the show. This broadcast did not convey at all how much the other guys found J.J. to be an unreliable source and some, frankly, didn't believe him at all about what he claims Andrew said. Marquel defended J.J., but Chris and Marcus were particularly angry with J.J. and pretty much dismissed all of his claims. Chris also did not appreciate J.J. calling him "a p****" behind his back.

What's interesting is that the show did air J.J.'s interruption about how he felt like he "got attacked," though viewers didn't really see the "attack" (which is a word I use loosely because I don't think he was attacked at all). But point is -- the show barely scratched the surface of how mad the guys were at J.J.

On another note...

Am I seeing things in this blooper reel that I didn't on the show?

What I remember seeing last night...

What ABC is showing online...

I think Nick constantly washing his hands is hilarious considering the fact that the other guys were asked that in the lie detector test.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #3

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Cecilia wrote:http://www.bustle.com/articles/32632-chris-soules-attacked-jj-obrien-on-the-bachelorette-men-tell-all-and-it-was-so-unfair

My thoughts exactly.  One of these days there will be a Bachelor that I actually like, right?

Maybe JJ should put on his big boy pants and stop whining. He obviously likes to stir things up but doesn't want to deal with the aftermath, and it was more than just Chris in agreement with that. Andrew was getting hammered by his alleged comments, but I didn't see him crying.

Back to top Go down

Post by DKWillis Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Luvstruck wrote:Inviting the girl, Katra up, who just happened to grow up on a farm in Toronto was a total set up for her to meet Chris.  Maybe they have already decided on someone other than Chris as Bachelor or he is next Bachelor and Katra may already be cast for his season?????

l too was thinking in the same lines as you next contestant IF Chris is the bachelor

DKWillis

Female Posts : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Max64 wrote:
Cecilia wrote:http://www.bustle.com/articles/32632-chris-soules-attacked-jj-obrien-on-the-bachelorette-men-tell-all-and-it-was-so-unfair

My thoughts exactly.  One of these days there will be a Bachelor that I actually like, right?

Maybe JJ should put on his big boy pants and stop whining.  He obviously likes to stir things up but doesn't want to deal with the aftermath, and it was more than just Chris in agreement with that.  Andrew was getting hammered  by his alleged comments, but I didn't see him crying.

Some people are more sensitive than others. Andrew is clearly not sensitive. He's a DB.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Cecilia wrote:
Max64 wrote:

Maybe JJ should put on his big boy pants and stop whining.  He obviously likes to stir things up but doesn't want to deal with the aftermath, and it was more than just Chris in agreement with that.  Andrew was getting hammered  by his alleged comments, but I didn't see him crying.

Some people are more sensitive than others.  Andrew is clearly not sensitive.  He's a DB.

The same thing could definitely be said about JJ plus one could add tattletale and pot stirrer to the mix IMO.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:52 pm

They are ALL Sensitive Soules.

Good ol' Jay-Jay. "We shouldn’t be happy... we shouldn’t be happy" *chuckle chuckle*

...This is getting to the point that is difficult for me to get excited for other peoples’ successes here.
Chris: So don’t celebrate.

Jay-Jay reminds me of Felix Unger and Chris as Oscar Madison.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 pm

To each their own. I would trust JJ (who had no lies on the lie detector test) over Andrew any day. Kind of surprised to see so many defending Andrew. No thanks.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 pm

I think the observations that he MUST have been mic'd are the most interesting towards Andrew's defense.  Personally, I suspect he said something about having the two black guys advance for reasons having little to do with Andi's attraction to them, but probably not in the way JJ has quoted it (and JJ has said he doesn't remember the exact wording).  I do think Andrew is more self-centered than he, himself, realizes; that would be part and parcel to where he lives and the industry he is in.  He could definitely use to work on that aspect of his personality.  But ... I highly doubt he is a blatant racist.  Just ... very insensitive.  And Marquel had a point:  why not show some sympathy at some point for Marquel's feelings, instead only expressing how the accusation has affected himself?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Andrew only had me in his corner temporarily. Yet the moment he accidentally called Marquel "Ron" as if he was confusing the two guys in his mind, I knew he was thinking stuff he shouldn't be thinking. The little twirp.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I think the observations that he MUST have been mic'd are the most interesting towards Andrew's defense.  Personally, I suspect he said something about having the two black guys advance for reasons having little to do with Andi's attraction to them, but probably not in the way JJ has quoted it (and JJ has said he doesn't remember the exact wording).  I do think Andrew is more self-centered than he, himself, realizes; that would be part and parcel to where he lives and the industry he is in.  He could definitely use to work on that aspect of his personality.  But ... I highly doubt he is a blatant racist.  Just ... very insensitive.  And Marquel had a point:  why not show some sympathy at some point for Marquel's feelings, instead only expressing how the accusation has affected himself?

I don't think the fact that he was mic'd means he's telling the truth. ABC Bachelorette would not want to repeat what he actually said, especially in light of their racism charges. No one wants to hear him actually say it, and his story that he actually told JJ he just wanted the night to be over is BS. They discussed this on afterbuzz. Jillian posted that she thinks Andrew said what JJ said he did. Andrew calling Marquel Ron and the whole way he wouldn't answer the question but just turned the attention to JJ. I should move this to another thread. Point is, I have liked Chris for the most part, except when he seems to get on his high horse: when he was attacking Nick and then with JJ last night.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Obviously Chris is somebody you either really like or dislike. Folks are not neutral about him, as you can read on the abc.com messageboards. Yet I personally think he was fair and just with Nick post show, both meeting up in Chicago.

Those who simply tell you what they think in a direct manner are either going to be respected for their honesty or disliked for being "blunt". Whatever his faults, he can't be accused of simply gossiping about people behind their backs. He told Nick to his face that he made a jackass move and told Jay-Jay that he can stay "sour grapes" if he was unhappy with Brian congratulating him and others for getting the group rose.

Now... I am NOT going to defend anybody here, but simply state what we have in print online. Chris was the first contestant to discuss Nick's, JJ and Andrew's actions on screen

From June 20th

Reality TV World: Many of the guys seemed to have an issue with Nick and all that frontrunner talk and what not. Chris Harrison said in his blog this week that he's unsure whether Nick is kind of an arrogant guy and bragged about his successes or whether the other guys were just jealous about the attention he was getting from Andi. Could you talk about the issue you personally had with Nick and maybe elaborate on what problems the other guys had?

Chris Soules: You know, I think Nick is a good guy and I see -- I understand where a lot of the guys are coming from, and I can't say that I don't have some similar feelings that maybe he handled things poorly.  Honestly, I felt like some situations throughout the process, he handled differently than other people.

And in an environment like this, it's tough to know how you're going to handle it, quite honestly.  So, you can't -- it's hard to truly judge somebody as a person because it's such a different situation.  And you're being put in there with -- it started out as 25 and has been narrowed down -- I don't know where we're at now, nine.

So, I can see where the guys are coming from.  And I honestly have felt like Nick has handled it differently than a lot of the guys, and sometimes you don't feel the same level of respect given from Nick to other guys. And I think the feelings aren't jealousy, for the most part.

I think we all would be naive to really get too jealous of other guys because we all knew the situation we were being put in with Andi.  And we all have strong feelings for her and feel like we're all frontrunners in our own mind, I think, to a certain extent.

To be openly saying that to the other guys, it's just, I don't think that's the right way to go about it when you're -- keep that to yourself if you feel that way, I guess.  It's kind of how I handle myself personally.

So, I think it more comes down to a certain level of tact and way of being a gentleman towards other human beings that you're actually having to be around for a long period of time and going through a really difficult process together.

And it's very difficult on all of us.  And so, emotions get involved, and that develops.  People can get upset and feel a little bit put off by how Nick has handled the situation.  That's how I personally feel.

Reality TV World: Andi seems to have a hard time trusting Josh Murray.  And even though he's only been on a single one-on-one date, he seems to be a pretty big personality and at the center of some stuff this season.  So, could you share your general thoughts about Josh with me?

Chris Soules:  I think Josh is a great guy.  I have a lot of respect for Josh.  And, you know, I think there's -- I don't know where the level of trust is or isn't with Andi and Josh.  But I think, personally, I think he's a very stand-up guy.  And I have a lot of respect for him.

Reality TV World: Andrew seemed to be at the center of a couple controversies this season -- with one being allegedly getting a waitress' phone number and the other being the offensive remark he allegedly whispered to one of the guys during the first Rose Ceremony about Marquel Martin. What was your take on Andrew and the fact he said in his final words he felt bullied by the other bachelors?

Chris Soules:  You know, I don't -- the fact that he felt bullied is -- I mean, that's how he felt.  And I can't argue that.  You know, he was in the middle of a few slightly controversial issues.  But, you know, I don't know if the comment was made or not made.  So if it wasn't, that's too bad that he was put in that position.

And at the beginning, early on in the show with the phone number, that was another tough situation.  I don't know.  I don't know why that -- the situation -- everybody deals with situations differently.  And that's kind of how he chose to deal with it.  You get dealt a hand and you play those cards the best you can, and that's kind of how he played his hand.

And I don't know if he really was bullied.  I mean, I think he's a strong guy and can stand up for himself.  I think he did it well, for the most part.  It's slightly questionable how he handled the phone number thing.  But it was a tough situation to be put in, to get cornered by two guys and then, once again, by Marquel.

So whether he was bullied or not, that's how he felt, and that's unfortunate.  And I guess, honestly, I have respect for Andrew.  And it's too bad that he felt that way.  And maybe everybody could've handled things a little differently and it would have been better for everybody.  But I guess it's unfortunate he feels that way.  It's really all I can say about that, for the most part.

Reality TV World: It appeared like JJ O'Brien was actually the one who brought up both of those controversial issues to the other bachelors.  Do you think that's just kind of a coincidence or do you think it's fair to say JJ was kind of singling Andrew out for some reason?  Because some viewers are saying JJ seems like a little bit of a gossip since he never actually confronts Andi with these problems.

Chris Soules:  Right.  You know, I don't know.  And I don't know why it's -- I don't quite understand why JJ is always behind these things.  But, you know, if I was put in a similar situation, I don't know how I'd handle it, quite honestly.

I'm glad I wasn't the one with that information or had or hadn't heard those comments.  I don't know if he's a gossip or not, but it kind of comes across that way.  But he's also doing what he feels best.

But JJ's a big guy.  We're also under an intense situation where you maybe handle things a little differently than you would in a normal environment, because you are dating the same person and a lot of emotions come up where you're gong to be more mindful and more outspoken about things, questions you have about individuals and bring those things up quicker.

And, yes, I don't know. It would have been nice to see things handled better by everybody, I think, is probably the long and short [version] of the answer that I can give.  It's disappointing that those kind of things had to have been brought up in the fashion that they were, where it kind of put a damper on the night, on the last cocktail party.

And after the group date, it kind of put a damper on things, and it would have been nice to see Nick handle it differently, with maybe a little more respect towards Andrew at certain points of the evening.

Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelorette-chris-soules-nick-viall-gloats-and-just-handles-situations-poorly-not-like-gentleman-with-tact-16449.php#DUK1O47bpyUqwzl8.99

JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 pm

Cecilia wrote:To each their own.  I would trust JJ (who had no lies on the lie detector test) over Andrew any day.  Kind of surprised to see so many defending Andrew.  No thanks.

I'm not defending Andrew, not at all.  If Andrew made any comments then he can stand there and take it like a grown ass man(to quote Josh  giggling )  But if JJ was so offended with Andrews comments why not say something earlier?  why not when the guys were ragging on Andrew for having some girls phone number?  Wasn't is JJ that also told the guys that Andrew had a girls phone number?  
It's obvious many of the guys weren't fond of JJ and I see nothing wrong with Chris saying what he did.  We have no idea the extent of what went on in the house, only an edited version.  Josh certainly had a go with Andrew and I didn't see anyone calling him out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #3

+43
1funnyfish
BuckeyeGal06
Scarletta
isittrue
umngirl