SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 54 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 54 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by nuts2uiam Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:51 pm

ironcat wrote:It doesn't really bother me that the cast of this show all appear to have been looking for media exposure.  It's very common to have multiple reasons for pursuing certain courses of action these days, and they obviously all took this seriously enough to disrupt their lives for a couple of months.  (And realistically, anyone who chooses to live out part of their lives in public by appearing on reality TV isn't interested in anonymity to begin with.)  Even though Monet and Vaughn appear to be failing, I don't get the impression that they are "phoning it in", more that they just aren't all that self aware, are both very stubborn and set in their ways, and they seem to view relationships as some sort of competition.  I suspect that if either revealed some details of past failed romances, we would see very similar patterns in them to what we are seeing now.

I really feel that having sex within hours of meeting each other was a critical mistake, that has resulted in both having an unrealistic expectation for immediate emotional intimacy/understanding combined with a mutual lack of respect.  Not a good way to start a relationship.

Ironcat and 2 observe agreed.  But, that is what the general population does these days, wish it was so but.......
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 54 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:59 pm

I can't get into this sex topic again, I just can't. laugh out loud

I totally agree with you irconcat. There is much more to a relationship than having sex. There was so much more they had to discover and learn about themselves before they took the intimacy step. The other thing that I can't understand, is they don't let that get in the way of their disagreements.

They get so angry with each other, and yet, are quick to hop in the sack once again. scratch

I actually like both of them, just not together. I hope they can work it out, but I don't think they do. Monet is far to set in her ways and Vaughn's expectations in a women are not things that Monet agrees with. I think she'd be happier just dating him.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Monet = Modern Family
Vaughn = Ward Cleaver

These two will never make it.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:06 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:
ironcat wrote:It doesn't really bother me that the cast of this show all appear to have been looking for media exposure.  It's very common to have multiple reasons for pursuing certain courses of action these days, and they obviously all took this seriously enough to disrupt their lives for a couple of months.  (And realistically, anyone who chooses to live out part of their lives in public by appearing on reality TV isn't interested in anonymity to begin with.)  Even though Monet and Vaughn appear to be failing, I don't get the impression that they are "phoning it in", more that they just aren't all that self aware, are both very stubborn and set in their ways, and they seem to view relationships as some sort of competition.  I suspect that if either revealed some details of past failed romances, we would see very similar patterns in them to what we are seeing now.

I really feel that having sex within hours of meeting each other was a critical mistake, that has resulted in both having an unrealistic expectation for immediate emotional intimacy/understanding combined with a mutual lack of respect.  Not a good way to start a relationship.

Ironcat and 2 observe agreed.  But, that is what the general population does these days, wish it was so but.......

All of the above is something my hubby and I have been discussing from the beginning. Can't fault them for career choices, except how does that translate into a genuine desire for a marriage?
As for M & V, The bold quoted is exactly on target. Starting with sexual attraction as the focal point of a relationship is a HUGE mistake. Thinking that one can just walk into marriage with everything perfect and fairytale is unrealistic. If respect and a desire to learn, understand and grow together does not exist, the relationship is doomed. I like what Alex McCord said in her recap...."there's no I in team" The only couple that really seems to understand being a true team, are Cortney & Jason.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:14 pm

I think Doug is generally very instinctive and wise on how to handle Jamie, but that incident made it clear not even he can bat 1000.  The trip up there was that he seems to have a need to be perfect around her, to be the rock, but sometimes he is going to have to let her see his own weakness.  He knows that now, but in the moment he was trying too hard to still look like the "Ideal Husband."  (Oscar Wilde, anyone?)

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:19 pm

Jason Carrion @Kr0ss · 1h
I can't wait! One more episode till the finale!! http://fb.me/1xD1lrKiN

the link is for a preview.. I don't think he'd be that excited if they didn't stay together!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Cute!

Doug Hehner @DougHehner · 5h
Reminiscing about how exciting our road trips were! #marriedatfirstsight #FYI @jamienotis http://instagram.com/p/sadvBBMK6m/

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Max64 wrote:Jason Carrion @Kr0ss  ·  1h
I can't wait! One more episode till the finale!! http://fb.me/1xD1lrKiN

the link is for a preview..  I don't think he'd be that excited if they didn't stay together!

Max64......Quite interesting to watch and I'm thinking it's another one of those editing things.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 am

The edit sure is tricky!

Looking forward to tonight!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Are there any livestream links to the show? I just moved and I no longer get the FYI network.

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 54 87b72b10 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 54 86669110 Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 54 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Umngirl, if you can't get the show directly tonight they will show it free on Hulu tomorrow. I love this show and don't get the FYI channel but I've followed every episode on Hulu
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Here we go!
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie