SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 53 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by ironcat Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:43 pm

I wonder how many of us (not that we would ever go on this show in the first place of course) would even go through with a marriage to someone who we found very physically unattractive on first sight, and would allow ourselves to be rushed into physical intimacy with said person even though we weren't "feeling it". Yes, looks are superficial, but they are a form of currency in the human mating world. Doug appears to be an absolutely lovely guy with a funny and caring personality, but he isn't traditionally gorgeous (nice body though) and he also isn't wealthy, which happens to be the other way men are judged in our society as "attractive". OTOH, Jamie, although she has issues, is quite beautiful, responsible with a good career, seems to also have a pretty nice personality, has a family history of being sweet, loving and giving, and might very well be worth the effort Doug, or another average guy, would need to put in, in order to land her. Well, Doug certainly thinks so.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 53 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by stuckinsc Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:45 pm

So are these couples given one month to figure out if they want to stay together?

If that is the time limit, then I can understand the idea being before the end of it, you would want to experience physical intimacy. But also waiting until you are ready for as long as possible.

I guess maybe if you fail to consummate you can annul instead of divorce?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:13 am

Has anyone else noticed that Jason does not follow Doug on Twitter???  At first, Jason was the only one not following Doug, but now Cortney is no longer following Doug too.  I wonder why.

Last edited by 2observe on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed the word not to the word no)
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaSez Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:05 am

It appears to me that DOUG is the one who is no longer following Jason and Cortney. Weird. Wonder why or what happened.

MommaSez

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:37 pm

jlccaz wrote:

Can't figure out V and M reasons.  

Don't know what Monet's were, since her job is in product development in the fashion industry. Maybe her comment that everything that she has and has done is for her future, means she wants to branch out on her own???? Own a product development business?

Vaughn on the other hand is an aspiring model. He has the link posted on his twitter page. If you look closely at his body language, expressions, and positions when they are talking. You'll started to notice that he positions himself as if he's posing for the camera.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:17 pm

2observe wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Jason does not follow Doug on Twitter???  At first, Jason was the only one not following Doug, but now Cortney is no longer following Doug too.  I wonder why.

Are they following Jamie?
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't think all the cast is following every cast member...if that makes sense...Is Jason following any of the other cast members?
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:48 pm

MommaSez wrote:It appears to me that DOUG is the one who is no longer following Jason and Cortney. Weird. Wonder why or what happened.

Doug is only following 46 people. And most of them are celebrity/news type and not "regular" people. I would guess he was getting tired of all the retweets from Cortney and Jason, I know I did and had to turn of my notifications on those two and Jamie. Jamie had said that she was good friends with Cortney, so I doubt it really means anything. All four of them seem like very nice people so, I can't imagine either of them doing anything too serious to cause a break in friendship. Maybe it's just temporary until the show ends??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 am

Cortney Hendrix ‏@KortKneee_Rae 5h
New apt! Love love love ❤️❤️❤️ http://instagram.com/p/sZHMn9phIh/

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 am

It doesn't really bother me that the cast of this show all appear to have been looking for media exposure. It's very common to have multiple reasons for pursuing certain courses of action these days, and they obviously all took this seriously enough to disrupt their lives for a couple of months. (And realistically, anyone who chooses to live out part of their lives in public by appearing on reality TV isn't interested in anonymity to begin with.) Even though Monet and Vaughn appear to be failing, I don't get the impression that they are "phoning it in", more that they just aren't all that self aware, are both very stubborn and set in their ways, and they seem to view relationships as some sort of competition. I suspect that if either revealed some details of past failed romances, we would see very similar patterns in them to what we are seeing now.

I really feel that having sex within hours of meeting each other was a critical mistake, that has resulted in both having an unrealistic expectation for immediate emotional intimacy/understanding combined with a mutual lack of respect. Not a good way to start a relationship.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:33 pm

ITA with you Ironcat.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Max64 wrote:Cortney Hendrix ‏@KortKneee_Rae  5h
New apt! Love love love ❤️❤️❤️ http://instagram.com/p/sZHMn9phIh/

Oh this is very nice from what we can see!

ETA: Now that I think about it, it's the beginning of the month. I wonder if the apartment they moved into was arranged by the show for one month, as some of the comments on the IG state. Now that the time is up, they had to find something on their own. I hope they are together!

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie