SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Whit90, Lee Corso picked your horned frogs today. You should look up to see, he puts on gear from his school pick and it was adorable he put the frog head on backward. You might want to check it out. It is from College Game Day.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by whit90 Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:52 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Whit90, Lee Corso picked your horned frogs today.  You should look up to see, he puts on gear from his school pick and it was adorable he put the frog head on backward.  You might want to check it out.  It is from College Game Day.

Thanks for the heads up just watched the video and it was cute glad someone has our back. It will hopefully be a great game to watch with the "W" on our side.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:15 am

smileyyay Congratulations to your Longhorns way to put it to Tech !!!
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:44 am

goteam Good game Ducks! :happydance:

Boy TCU likes to wait until the last minute - Whew!

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:04 am

SLA44 wrote:goteam Good game Ducks! :happydance:

Boy TCU likes to wait until the last minute - Whew!

Had me on the edge of my seat ......

clapping! clapping! clapping! Your Ducks blew them away !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:19 am

So totally worked during the Longhorn game, but one of my friends from back in the day posts all the highlights as they happen, so I came back to a great surprise.

Whit90, so glad TCU pulled it out. WVU is tough at home this year, just ask Baylor Hugesmile

SLA44, congrats, wow Oregon killed Stanford. Great win. I was even going to think about hoping that Arizona would win for you SLA, but I hate Rich Rod too much, plus UCLA winning makes Texas look slightly less bad.

Where is Albean, her Vols pulled out the win too!

I feel bad for Ole Miss, listening to the call of their last play where the receiver basically had his ankle come apart and to lose the game. So awful. Their Cinderella season is over.

Okay, SLA you may know the answer to this since you are a Pac12 person. Why are the UCLA Bruins, bear mascot, and UC Berkeley, the main, campus, are actually the bears. What the heck. I had friends who went to grad school at Berkeley and they told me UCLA was just jealous, but is there an actual reason?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:30 am

stuckinsc wrote:So totally worked during the Longhorn game, but one of my friends from back in the day posts all the highlights as they happen, so I came back to a great surprise.  

Whit90, so glad TCU pulled it out.  WVU is tough at home this year, just ask Baylor Hugesmile

SLA44, congrats, wow Oregon killed Stanford.  Great win.  I was even going to think about hoping that Arizona would win for you SLA, but I hate Rich Rod too much, plus UCLA winning makes Texas look slightly less bad.

Where is Albean, her Vols pulled out the win too!

I feel bad for Ole Miss, listening to the call of their last play where the receiver basically had his ankle come apart and to lose the game.  So awful.  Their Cinderella season is over.  

Okay, SLA you may know the answer to this since you are a Pac12 person.  Why are the UCLA Bruins, bear mascot, and UC Berkeley, the main, campus, are actually the bears.  What the heck.  I had friends who went to grad school at Berkeley and they told me UCLA was just jealous, but is there an actual reason?

lolpanda I really don't know stuckin but UCLA has had the Bruin bear as their mascot since 1926 and they used to have real live bears. His name is Joe Bruin - I'm sure there is some history behind it. I'm pretty sure that CA has a bear on their state flag so maybe that has something to do with it.

Okay I looked up a little history on it and this is what I found on google:

Mar 28, 2011 - The Golden Bear mascot used by UC Berkeley came from the California flag and eventual state animal. ... That year, UC Berkeley was claiming both Bears and Bruins, but they agreed to surrender the Bruins name to UCLA.

bru·in
ˈbro͞oin/Submit
noun
a bear, especially in children's fables.

Hope this helps.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Woohoo! Vols won! cheerleader

We're in Galveston waiting to board our ship, Navigator of the Seas, so missed the game but recorded it at home.

We watched some of the Auburn game and also Miss St. Happy that TCU won.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:34 pm

albean99 wrote:Woohoo! Vols won!  cheerleader

We're in Galveston waiting to board our ship, Navigator of the Seas, so missed the game but recorded it at home.

Have a great time on your cruise :cutesmile!:
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Have a great time Albean! You have a wonderful treat waiting for you at home, and now I get to be around tons of cranky UGA and USC fans. Oh Joy!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Have a great time Albean! You have a wonderful treat waiting for you at home, and now I get to be around tons of cranky UGA and USC fans. Oh Joy!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm

SLA44, got to say your Ducks are not getting any breaks in the polls. Alabama lost to a team that has now lost twice and yet they get ranked ahead of you all?

Not cool.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica