SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

Post by chloep Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:49 am

Kashathediva wrote:Per Rosepetal:
Maybe in the moment Josh was indecisive wheteher to say yes to Josh vs. Joshua and it registered his indecisiveness as a lie. Just a thought.

They are asked the questions twice.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 am

Atem- his father left the family (they didn't say exactly when- but guessing 15-20 yrs ago) and his brother who is like 10 years older stepped in as a father figure. His mom is from the Ukraine? and he said she beat him as that is what she knew growing up. They have coffee once a week and things are better between them now.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 am

Kashathediva wrote:
chloep wrote:
I have never considered saying my nickname as my name a lie. So yeah, that is weird to me.

True that. This was NOT a background check that he failed. This was a lie detector test.
Why lie about being called Josh vs Joshua? The fact that it showed up as a lie(according to him) means that he was aware of the fact that he was telling a "lie". So it wasn't that he did not think about his correct full name. So, according to Josh he deliberately lied about being called Josh.  Rolling Eyes (And my BS radar is going off)

Things that make you go ummmmnnn.

Not that it really matters, but yeah....

Per DocNash14: I have a very different take on this.  I think someone made Josh aware of what his two lies were.  When he discovered that one of them had to do with his name, he likely found it just as weird. And  I just checked - the first question he was asked was, "Is your name Josh?"  Of course, he answered yes.  I think Josh is saying in tweet that since his actual name is Joshua he scored a "lie" on the question.

Lie detector tests do not actually detect lies. They detect the physiological response to being dishonest. I believe it is a change in pulse. Lie detectors are not hard to fool, you can use something to elevate your pulse during baseline questions, also if you don't think you are telling a lie then your body will not have that response.

Luvlady, you answering yes to your middle name as your name would not show as deceit, as you consider it your name.

Maybe Josh was so nervous he did overthink the name thing, but it is odd when I am sure that Chris who is probably a Christoper or Christian and JJ who is probably something else did not have a similar problem with this question.

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Maybe in the moment Josh was indecisive wheteher to say yes to Josh vs. Joshua and it registered his indecisiveness as a lie. Just a thought.

I think 100% Josh was told what the lies were.  Either by andi, after the MTA, or a producer.  Do you really think andi just went back stage and did not find out what the lies were?  No way, she knew.  He has no reason to lie on twitter when he announced to everyone what they were.  TPTB made such a big deal about it for drama.  Smiley

I agree! i don't think he would tweet them unless he knew what the lies were..
I think he was provided the results before the show probably by Andi. I think this the last time we will hear of this LD

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:56 am

I really like Chris, but I thought he was a little mean to JJ, more than even Andrew. I agreed with him when he kind of put JJ in his place on the show when he was saying he wasn't happy for any of the guys and Chris told him he was "sour grapes" but this I did not like.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:57 am

So if Josh/Joshua was one of the lies, then what did Chris S. answer as his name? Isnt Chris short for Christopher or Christian? If he said yes to Chris, he probably would be lying too, no? Yet he had 0 lies.  no idea 
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

Steel2009 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:

I think 100% Josh was told what the lies were.  Either by andi, after the MTA, or a producer.  Do you really think andi just went back stage and did not find out what the lies were?  No way, she knew.  He has no reason to lie on twitter when he announced to everyone what they were.  TPTB made such a big deal about it for drama.  Smiley

I agree!  i don't think he would tweet them unless he knew what the lies were..
I think he was provided the results before the show probably by Andi.  I think this the last time we will hear of this LD

Maybe someone should ask him and see what he says. If they told him, then Andi certainly knows which would beg the question of whether she was just playing along tonight.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 am

chloep wrote:^^ Well, that's the point. If you don't think you are lying then you won't respond to the polygraph. Polygraphs don't really detect "lies" they detect physiological signs of deceptive behavior.
Ergo if Josh did not really think much about "Joshua" being his "real" name than he wouldn't have reacted to it. Ergo, he is saying, he deliberately "lied" about being called Josh. Ergo, he is dishing BS.....

He really should have just kept mum about this.

I am going to respectfully disagree with you on this.  One of the primary reasons lie detector tests are not admissible in court is due to the frequency of false positives which are typically the function of nervousness that is registered by physiological responses.  Josh had already expressed concern to the other guys about the validity and reliability of the test and particularly the forced choice format (yes or no) of the test.  So he likely started the test with a heightened sense of nervousness.  The first question, as we would expect, was "Is your name Josh?"  Technically, by saying yes, he lied since that is not his legal name.  I doubt, however, that he considered it a lie but, in my opinion, as loveinterest speculated, his nervousness was misread by the lie detector as a lie. Further, it certainly appears to me that his intention was to be truthful as the second question he was asked was whether he had ever cheated on an exam. I am sure he was not proud to answer yes but he did so nonetheless.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:59 am

Beagle wrote:So if Josh/Joshua was one of the lies, then what did Chris S. answer as his name? Isnt Chris short for Christopher or Christian? If he said yes to Chris, he probably would be lying too, no? Yet he had 0 lies.  no idea 

Not necessarily, it would all depend on Chris' physiological response to the question.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by thirteen Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:01 am

Have you guys seen this?:

UGA Football News ‏@UGAfootballLive
BREAKING - From an inside, reliable source, #UGA grad Josh Murray has won the #Bachelorette! Will disclose the source on 7/28

Don't judge people on who they used to be. Allow them to be who they are. See them "now". Not "then".
thirteen
thirteen

Female Posts : 414

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:01 am

But the real question is how does Josh know what he lied about? I wonder who informed him... question 

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 am

I actually interpreted Josh's tweet about the questions he failed as a joke!

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2 - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

+57
california90
ironcat
pavalygurl
moflan
Piper61
2observe
whit90
Di_ATL
Jeepers
cindebugg
USAGold