SELECT CONTENT

: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #8

Page 59 of 82 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 70 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #8 - Page 59 Empty Re: : Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #8

Post by Carolinagirl1864 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 am

I thought right after this happened, can you imagine if Josh had been the bachelor and had picked Andi as his F1 and then she found out he had slept with his F2!! It would have been worse than Deanna and Brad.I still am puzzled how Josh acts like he just doesn't care that it happened.I feel like she had told him about it, but still.. It was cruel for her to sleep with Nick knowing how emotionally invested he was in her.If she had come on ATFR and just told him she was sorry she felt they were not a match and then said something like, you can't imagine all the girls standing in line to date you, he would have never said what he did.I think it would have helped some even if he still was in love with her.I will be curious to see how all of this affects her career.If she is trying to get offers in LA,this could be a problem.The sweetheart image might be tarnished.

Carolinagirl1864

Back to top Go down

: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #8 - Page 59 Empty Re: : Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #8

Post by Pia1 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:23 am

isittrue wrote:
mimitalks wrote:
isittrue wrote: Great post.  Yeah, I was really disturbed by how much she kept reassuring him while he gazed up at with those adoring eyes.  I think this may be my final Bachelorette rodeo too.  This one sucked the life out of me.  I did not know Andi since I skipped Juan Pablo but something about Nick drew me in and I am thankful I had the chance to watch him at least. I just hated to see my love story was all a delusion.  Andi is one cold, calculating cookie and I am thankful she is off my screen.  

Bolded mine. The following is just my opinion. I've been perusing the posts, and your statement I bolded really hit me, enough to post something after what I watched Monday night. I don't want to believe it was all a delusion, and I do want to believe she had feelings for Nick. Nobody wants to see someone crushed like that. It does make me question whether TBTB were thrown for a loop themselves during filming, or if it was obvious from the word go that she wanted Josh. So much we don't get to see. I guess I hoped it was Josh she was going to see, but I didn't deep down believe it. It seems to me that the consensus of opinion is the distaste on not her breaking it off with Nick, but on how she did it - with half answers and seeming coldness. I re-watched three scenes off of a blog site this morning - the "breakup", the extra Wisconsin filming, her explaining to Nick at ATFR that she didn't love him. I don't know what Andi truly went through. It is hard to imagine the gamut of emotions a woman or man goes through in a situation like that, and we are not privy to their real feelings normally (except maybe in the case of Sean, who couldn't seem to help himself saying he loved his F2). We see only what the TBTB want or allow us to see. We saw a tired, emotionally spent Andi at times (Josh's words were similar to that) and a defensive one and one who was caught up in the bubble herself at times (I believe) and one who thought she was falling in love. We (at least some on this thread) wanted it to be with Nick - to believe she wanted the something deeper we felt we saw promised. Yes, it is a cheesy reality show and highly edited, but this season showed us raw emotion and glimpses behind the scenes. It is like the fourth wall (I believe they call it that, maybe I'm wrong) was broken. Fakeness (is that even a word?) was exposed by Eric, who dared to be "real" in an unreal situation and was allowed to have it shown. Gut-wrenching tears were shown, as the cast and crew dealt with the death of someone who had just recently touched their lives.

The thing is (and I really didn't start this post off to defend Andi) that Andi now has a new relationship to live out in the public eye and media storm (whether she would want that or not), and I believe she felt that she needed to close the door on the old one to successfully do that. How she did it is what most people are focusing on, I think. The jolt of being told by someone directly they don't love you (especially if they never said those words in the first place) must be immense, but I do feel it is closure. In a weird way it is kinder, really. I don't think she planned to say it that way (just my opinion), but she was prodded to do so. Only she knows the truth of that. I believe a person is much more likely to start healing and be able to move on - after the initial shock of it. Yes, I believe he will carry the hurt for awhile - the sting, the feelings of humiliation. A person can only take so much, but it seems that Nick is being surrounded with friends and family who can ease him through this admittedly hard situation. It takes a strong person to cope with destroyed hopes, but a person's own strength is not enough. I do hope a genuine woman will be in his future, but before that can happen he needs to heal. I am troubled by the fact he is agreeing to interviews, but I'm not him (obviously). Each person chooses the way he/she deals with situations, but he, too, must live out this situation in the public eye and media storm - whether he wants to or not. I wish him the best.[/quote
I understand there is a lot of editing that goes on in this show.  My biggest problem with Andi in all of this - is why did she sleep with Nick if she was so set on Josh? Nick even stated that he went into the FS with no expectations and to sleep with someone after they tell you that they love you, just reinforces the notion that you return their feelings.  Surely TPTB did not tell her that she had have sex with him.  She also knew of his past breakups and how they affected him yet she kept him until F2.  I also have issues of the reassuring she gave him on LCD, he was looking for positive signs and she was giving him them.  Maybe she did wake up the next morning and realize she was wrong from leading him on but I think a little empathy during the breakup and ATFR might have gone a long way with giving Nick some closure and might have stopped Nick from bringing up what he did on ATFR.  He stated that her demeanor towards him was a shock and that may in fact give him closure but I think she could have been a little nicer.  I think the tv interviews will slow down this week and Nick will be free to return to his normal life in Chicago.  I think his family and friends will help to keep him grounded during this time.  

The bolded is also my biggest question. If she knew it was Josh all along I don't understand why she lead Nick on to the hilt. Messing with someone's emotion is very irresponsible in my opinion. As mentioned by many, she could've handled the breakup in a more compassionate way.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 am

I think this was a hard season to be the spoiled F2 on. We (on this fan forum), saw a love story that we believed in. Many of us had hopes that it would be a mirror of Des' season when the spoiler was wrong but it was not to be. I think once some of us realized that the spoiler was correct and we accepted that Nick was F2 (although I was hoping for a Mesnick at that point), I just wanted Andi to be kind when letting him go and she was cold and uncaring IMO, crushing Nick and in turn, crushing my faith in the love story. I am ready to move on and will continue to support Nick but never again will I trust the story TPTB is showing me to be real or two-sided.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am

Is Nick appearing on one or two things today? Can anyone post links to them? Thanks!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am

nutty1 wrote:How was the Afterbuzz….I want to listen, but only about Nick.

They were nice about him.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:27 am

SueSt wrote:
Pia1 wrote:
isittrue wrote:

I would not rule out anything at this point - none of this makes any sense still to me...

Yes, the whole thing doesn't make sense.  My heart still can't reconcile the LS I saw to the way it ended.  I feel like last night was so wrong and that there needs to be a redo

Hi Pia,
My heart still can't reconcile the LS I saw to the way it ended.
As Danny from afterbuzz said: I'm gutted.
 bestbud! 

Yes, me too. I've never gotten so invested like this on a Contestant on this show before except for Catherine but she got her happy ending so I was ecstatic.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:28 am

Carolinagirl1864 wrote:I thought right after this happened, can you imagine if Josh had been the bachelor and had picked Andi as his F1 and then she found out he had slept with his F2!! It would have been worse than Deanna and Brad.I still am puzzled how Josh acts like he just doesn't care that it happened.I feel like she had told him about it, but still.. It was cruel for her to sleep with Nick knowing how emotionally invested he was in her.If she had come on ATFR and just told him she was sorry she felt they were not a match and then said something like, you can't imagine all the girls standing in line to date you, he would have never said what he did.I think it would have helped some even if he still was in love with her.I will be curious to see how all of this affects her career.If she is trying to get offers in LA,this could be a problem.The sweetheart image might be tarnished.

The rumors are still out there that she and Josh may be on Dancing with the Stars...

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:29 am

nutty1 wrote:Is Nick appearing on one or two things today? Can anyone post links to them? Thanks!

I only know about Access Hollywood - it is on NBC at 1 PM CST. Not sure about what else he is on.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:30 am

He's staying in LA longer than I thought he would be - remember analyzing his suitcases on Saturday???

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

@NancyODell
Getting ready to interview @Viallnicholas28 from#TheBachelorette Send me your questions after that finale!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NancyODell

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 am

Carolinagirl1864 wrote:I thought right after this happened, can you imagine if Josh had been the bachelor and had picked Andi as his F1 and then she found out he had slept with his F2!! It would have been worse than Deanna and Brad.I still am puzzled how Josh acts like he just doesn't care that it happened.I feel like she had told him about it, but still.. It was cruel for her to sleep with Nick knowing how emotionally invested he was in her.If she had come on ATFR and just told him she was sorry she felt they were not a match and then said something like, you can't imagine all the girls standing in line to date you, he would have never said what he did.I think it would have helped some even if he still was in love with her.I will be curious to see how all of this affects her career.If she is trying to get offers in LA,this could be a problem.The sweetheart image might be tarnished.

I'm sorry to say that I never saw her as a sweetheart before but I also didn't think that she could be this cruel and lacking human decency.

Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolinagirl1864 Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:38 am

Pia1 wrote:

I'm sorry to say that I never saw her as a sweetheart before but I also didn't think that she could be this cruel and lacking human decency.

I didn't either...but I think some of America thought she was.

Carolinagirl1864

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 82 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 70 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - *Fan Forum* - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Thread #8

+66
brittany4400
Baseball Mom
lovelySC
Carolinagirl1864
isittrue
mimitalks
nutty1
california90
atem
azuwaza163
SueSt