SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Page 22 of 57 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 39 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 22 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Post by philphan Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:03 pm

reason wrote:Interesting if she knew I dont believe that one at all. If she knew then the editors and producers dont really care about throwing her under the bus then.

Why don't you believe that she knew early on? I certainly do...it was Bentley and JP right from the beginning. If there's a love story out of this, I wouldn't worry so much about tire marks.
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 22 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

Post by ironcat Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 pm

Jeepers wrote:There are definitely enough chinks in JPs edit for doubt to exist

Ben was on her radar long before last episode

Not sure if your comment was directed at me or not. I never said he wasn't on Ash's radar until last episode; I would say he got onto her radar in episode 4, once Bentley was gone, and she needed to open her mind to finding other possible contenders.

What I said was that he didn't get onto the average viewer's radar until maybe last episode, and I still stand by that. What proof do you have otherwise?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:18 pm

No proof except from comments from friends.....

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:18 pm

If she knew early on then, why did she say in episode 4 spending time with ben help me get over bentley? Why did JP not make her feel that way instead of Ben????????

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 pm

The episode I really noticed Ben was the orphanage date so we did see him early on and definitely since Bentley left. It's not that people haven't watched Ben & Ashley fall for each other but possibly blinded by what they see with JP.

Ben made a big impression on Ashley on the orphanage date and made no bones about it when she gave him the rose. When you watch his first date with Ashley there's a lot of clues at what she's seeing by her expressions with him. She's flirty and talks about kissing and jumping on him (who can forget her growl, laugh out loud). They had more 1 on 1 time during the group date and had serious and fun moments. We also saw Ashley talking to Ben while the race was going on in that pic that was tweeted. (I wonder why they did that? I guess it's just more things we didn't weren't shown with Ben.) During their 2nd date there was a lot going on that we did see. Check out Ashley's expressions that are in the Ben SC thread. She's very expressive and hard to miss that she's enjoying herself immensely with Ben. She also talks about how she might be falling in love with him. I'd think that could be an obvious clue that not many are paying attention to.

My long winded point is that we did see a growing love story with Ben and how would Ashley know that people aren't seeing it? If he's her f1 we know that she does. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15340

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Jeepers wrote:
albean99 wrote:
Hotmomma wrote:
JBF wrote:
AFK wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
In fact, Hebert feels she is so transparent that viewers should already be able to tell what her ultimate decision will be.

"I knew where my heart was from very early on," she says. "I wanted to give every guy a chance but by the time of the hometown dates, I was probably 95 percent sure."

Congrats JP fans :giggle: :cc7:

They SHOULD have showed us some Ben/Ashley time in episodes #2 and #3. All of his scenes were solo. In addition, his time with her is episode #1 was just HIM talking (in PI), not HER. She commented (PI) on Jordan, William, Bentley, Ryan, Jeff and Tim. What is worse, is that she voice-overs in episode #3 that she can't focus on the guys at the comedy roast date because of William. More proof that William, Bentley and Jordan were her top three those early weeks, with Ryan a peg below them. Ben had to emerge from the herd first and "stand out".
This is where the edit which I have talked about..Even Emily/Roberto/Ian/ and etc...were shown in every episode having some kind of time with the lead...

But it fits Ben's dark horse coming from behind edit. Hard to be a dark horse if they highlight you every episode. :Nod:

Evidence of Ben and Ash spending time together very early was definitely and strongly hinted at thru their early shown interactions, their comments that definitely suggested them having talked, etc... Ben telling JP and whatshisname that he had kissed her as well (which was sooooooo poo pooood at the time.. Ahem)

Only sooo mAny guys could be out front and center during the Bently kibosh. Yup it was JP. But who is to say that Ben wasn't also being supportive behind the scenes as well

What do ya think CHAPS MY AZZ was all a out?? It was also an early sign of JPs less than stellar moments as well...

Ok ready to catch those tomatoes folks. Take good aim :evilgrin:

True, she could have had early interactions with Ben that were left on the cutting room floor.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:22 pm

1. We know, Ashley! We could tell you were all about JP from early on and yes...it is obvious to most people. I'm guessing that at this point in the show, if he would have kidnapped you and left the show...you would have gone willingly!! But thanks for confirming for us!! Smiley

2. Shows that TPTB didn't have much to work with...Bentley was a factor, but bringing him back was for the drama.

3. Chris saying Ben is the darkhorse and is coming on at the end...for the drama. Trying to show he was a viable F2. IMO.

4. I'm just so happy for JP & Ashley! They are going to be fun to watch in the coming months.

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:27 pm

reason wrote:If she knew early on then, why did she say in episode 4 spending time with ben help me get over bentley? Why did JP not make her feel that way instead of Ben????????

It comes back to words vs actions. I think JP made her feel just fine. This was the episode with her and JP kissing on the beach. She had her legs over his for their entire conversation. There is an intimacy between the 2 of them. They are inside each other's personal space.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by rc49ers Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Imagine what the Fantsy Date over nighter will be like . :bigsmile:

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 22 Its-ra10 It's raining LOVE!!            Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 22 Air_fi10 .....And an Amazing Adventure!!  

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4 - Page 22 Baseball-1 Life Is Like baseball, You Will Not Hit Every Pitch!
rc49ers
rc49ers

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:42 pm

well.... she clearly stated that what makes a happy couple is sex so yeahhhhhhh I can imagine very well LOL

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:49 pm

:giggle:
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm reprinting the article in the Philly Inquirer that Love_Me put in the Media only thread. I have the hard copy here at home. It actually says on the front page of the article that Ben is a finalist. Actual quote says:

"Ashley Hebert, 26, darker-tressed than on TV, has made her decision. Top, with suitor Blake: above and right, with finalist Ben F., dining and scootering."

I'm going to try and get my DH to scan it in tonight as I think it has more than the on-line edition.

Posted on Sun, Jul. 17, 2011

A sadder Bachelorette
Ashley Hebert, Penn dental student, has taken a drilling as the reality show's sensitive single. She says she's more secure than people think.
By David Hiltbrand

Inquirer Staff Writer

Not many dental students are hounded by paparazzi. Then there's Ashley Hebert.

"They wait outside my apartment for when I leave in the morning and they wait outside school for when I go home," says the petite 26-year-old, who has almost completed her degree at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine.

Hebert has become a tabloid obsession because of her emotional turn as the queen bee on the current season of The Bachelorette (Mondays, 8 p.m., 6ABC).

There are countless stories purporting to reveal the results of her agonizing on-air pursuit of Mr. Right.

"Before all this, when I would read magazines like In Touch, I would assume the stories had a little truth to them," she says. "Now I know they're completely inaccurate."

Her TV experiences this year, first as one of the semifinalists on The Bachelor, now as the rose-dispenser on the seventh season of The Bachelorette, have taken a toll on the small-town girl from northernmost Maine.

"On the show you'll see me trusting everybody," she says. "That's always been my default position. Now I feel like I'm jaded. I think I've learned a lot about people, but it's kind of a sad thing."

It's an intensely muggy morning in Philadelphia as Hebert sits outside a cafe across from the Penn campus. She has changed her hair to a far darker tint than the honeyed auburn you see on TV.

Every few minutes, a passerby will do a double take, then whip out a cellphone and begin excitedly texting friends. ("You're not going to believe who I'm looking at.")

When you're America's Wounded Sweetheart, it's hard to fly under the radar.

The season, which finished taping two months ago, now seems headed for a satisfying climax. On Monday's episode, Hebert will travel for dates in the hometowns of the four remaining suitors. In the case of Ames, a native of Chadds Ford, that means a carriage ride along the Brandywine.

But Hebert's image still hasn't quite recovered from the show's turbulent start. There was her blind devotion to Bentley, an utter cad who was callously toying with her emotions just to get camera time.

Then there was the disastrous episode in which the men were asked to "roast" Ashley at a comedy club.

That resulted in nasty insult jokes like "You're actually the first girl I've ever dated with a smaller chest than me" and "I thought I was signing up to be with Emily or Chantal, and then Ashley is here."

Hebert's emotional responses to those public humiliations made her an Internet dartboard, a blog bog.

"She has the lowest self-esteem. My girlfriend says it's lower than a floor mat," says Melissa Locker, a recapper for the Television Without Pity website. "I mean she's an Ivy Leaguer with a professional career. She teaches Jazzercise. She should have self-esteem coming out of her ears. Instead, she's on the phone crying about guys who treated her badly."

Others criticize her passivity.

"Ashley wants to please the producers, but in the back of her head, she's not standing behind her decisions," says Jesse Csincsak, the winner of The Bachelorette's fourth season. "You're seeing two different sides - what the producers want and then her doubting her decisions."

Hebert finds those perceptions offensive.

"Despite what people believe, I'm actually pretty secure in myself," she says.

One of her biggest supporters is Chris Harrison, host of the Bachelor/ette franchise.

"She's an intelligent, witty, very bright professional woman with great charisma and charm," he says.

"I think up until now she's been unfairly judged because of Bentley and some other events. I've seen this happen before with Ali [Fedotowsky, of Season 6]."

He seems to be saying Hebert isn't a pushover; she's just edited to look that way.

"Look, it's not a documentary," Harrison says. "It's an entertainment show, first and foremost. There's a fine line of being overly salacious and sensational."

Hebert frets that her image has been distorted.

"There's a lot of good things happening too," she says. "You don't see much of that. You only see what sucks people in."

So what drew her into the hall of mirrors that is reality TV?

"Everyone said I'd be perfect" for The Bachelor, she says. "I'd been single for four years because I was so focused on school.

"A friend called me and said, 'They're going to be casting in Philly on Tuesday and you're going.' I figured, 'What the heck? I don't have anything going on that night.' "

Being part of Brad Womack's harem was enjoyable.

"I had a more playful mentality on The Bachelor because I was like, 'If it doesn't work out, fine; if it does work out, fine.'

"Being on The Bachelorette, the pressure is all on you to make everyone happy. You go through so much that you really want something to be there at the end."

Hebert concedes she has mishandled the Sadie Hawkins role at times.

"I don't know that I have made a good Bachelorette. In a way, I think I'm too honest. If I'm not into somebody, I have a hard time faking it and I think in this environment, you have to be able to do that sometimes."

In fact, Hebert feels she is so transparent that viewers should already be able to tell what her ultimate decision will be.

"I knew where my heart was from very early on," she says. "I wanted to give every guy a chance but by the time of the hometown dates, I was probably 95 percent sure."

The online Bachelorette oracles are predicting that her choice will come down to Ben F. or J.P. But Hebert pointedly holds out a third option: She could emulate Season 3's Jennifer Schefft and choose no one.

Whatever it is, has her final choice (the finale airs Aug. 1) made her happy?

"Absolutely," she says emphatically. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Questions With Ashley Hebert. She reveals what she's looking for in a guy and the most romantic spot in Philadelphia: www.philly.com/bachelorette.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact David Hiltbrand at 215-854-4552 or dhiltbrand@phillynews.com. Read his pop-culture blog at www.philly.com/dod.

Find this article at:
http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20110717_A_sadder_Bachelorette.html?viewAll=y&c=y

© Copyright | Philly Online, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Philly Online, LLC is expressly prohibited.

gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 57 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 39 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #4

+72
tigertiz
IrishGal
lavenderred
vivalameagx3
ZG Champion