SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Potential Contestants - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Potential Contestants - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Potential Contestants - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by jcrbil Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am

While they may be on the prowl for one or two more, I think it's more tptb way of promoting The Bachelor while their audience is (mostly) watching. I imagine they had a number of women who told them "only if it's Arie" or "only if it's Chris" the way Catherine said, "Only if it's Sean". Those who are only looking at the show to promote themselves won't care who it is. And only one of them will really be living in Iowa when all is said and done (and maybe none will- time will tell).

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Potential Contestants - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Potential Contestants - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 pm

ironcat wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:In Jason's case there was also an issue that he was not considered---uhh--the wow factor physically and financially.

I don't know, at the time, I recall that he was a very popular choice, with about 65% of voters choosing him over Jeremy (who was better looking and probably richer).

That's what I remember though I also remember a little bit more. That was the year when ABC pulled The Bachelor out of the programming line-up stating "pending the casting of the right lead". Jeremy wanted it - badly - and dropped hint after hint in public statements but that wasn't, apparently, who ABC wanted. I do think that the fact that Jason's choice would become an "instant step-mother" did affect casting for that season and they probably took some extra time to make sure they had a few who were OK with that.

There are certainly Arie fans who would only do the show "if it's Arie" but also Chris fans who would only do the show "if it's Chris" just as jcrbil posted. But that's true of every season - some of the cast is really only interested in certain leads. The thing is, IMHO, those are not the cast members who will "make the season" - the ones who will are the villain(s) and the crazies and the drama queens - just like every season - and they aren't cast around any specific lead because in most cases they won't make the final few. I also believe as jcrbil suggests that this is little more than a way of keep the show and the next season in viewers minds than the need for more cast members. That's not to say that a late applicant isn't going to be cast but rather that they already have what they need and will cast only if they get a great option. We'll only see 25 at the M&G but they always have more show up for filming and send some home never having met the lead.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:58 pm

I may be way off base but I have a theory on Chris.  I think tptb are doing their usual character stereotyping and Chris is obviously the farmer.  However, I see him more as a business owner who happens to be part of a family owned farm which is in very small town Iowa.   I think his education and business acumen give a bit more breadth to him as a person.  I have nothing but respect for farmers as it is a worthy and much needed vocation.  And, I see Chris as being that plus a bit more.
They really chopped up his discussion with Andi and gave us "you could be a homemaker".  I believe he was being humorous here.  He also spoke of possibilities in law and some others which I forget now.  My point is, I don't think he expects a wife who will not have a career.  The dilemma is geography.  Many folks now days work remotely and travel as needed.  I am one of them.  The key is finding the woman whose career can be flexible in this way, and maybe someone who is from a northern clime and not freaked out by long winters. I realize it can be a tall order as I moved from my beloved PA because of weather!
Chris' first celebrity crush was Jennifer Aniston.  His long time gf is an accomplished career woman.  While I may not agree with all his political views, I don't find him to be a chauvanist or unenlightened when it comes to women.
I thought in the beginning and I still believe the challenge is finding an interesting woman who can and is willing to consider a move to Iowa.  The show probably wants 6-8 feasible candidates and can fill the rest of the slots easily.
Finally, it will come down to chemistry. Mrs. Soules spoke with Andi about how she lived in town and did not see herself having a life on the farm, but then Mr. Soules stepped down from that tractor...
I willing to give this a chance and see what happens.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:01 pm

ironcat wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:In Jason's case there was also an issue that he was not considered---uhh--the wow factor physically and financially.

I don't know, at the time, I recall that he was a very popular choice, with about 65% of voters choosing him over Jeremy (who was better looking and probably richer).  I know Jason's stock dropped pretty quickly over the course of his season (and especially at the finale), but I don't think there was much of a public outcry when he was cast that he was lacking the "wow" factor, or that somebody else should have been chosen.  And certainly not compared to when they sneaked Jake's announcement into a DWTS episode, or to the ridicule/outrage that greeted Brad's announcement about a redo, or to the silence that greeted Ben's announcement.

Now that I'm thinking about it, JPG was also announced very early, and again, I think it was because AT THE TIME, the producers thought he was a wildly popular choice among the largely female viewers (and they were anxious to boast about having a "minority" lead).  Obviously opinions changed over time, but that's where things started out.

My quote above was based on insider knowledge. He had originally hoped he would be cast as TB long before he ever was on the 'Ette and was denied because of such, even with connections. Then a spot opened on the 'Ette. Even after being F2 with a sympathetic audience he wasn't a wow for women--let's face it an insurance salesman eeking by with his looks is not the entire package for the typical Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.

There have been several seasons where a last minute "applicant" or "find" worked out very well.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Haha! I had no idea farmerette is a real word! cantstopl

TB should cast these two bloggers --
http://www.thefarmerette.com/about-2/
http://thefarmerette.blogspot.com/p/about-farmerette.html

Keep plowing for those farmerettes, TB! laugh out loud
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:51 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I may be way off base but I have a theory on Chris.  I think tptb are doing their usual character stereotyping and Chris is obviously the farmer.  However, I see him more as a business owner who happens to be part of a family owned farm which is in very small town Iowa.   I think his education and business acumen give a bit more breadth to him as a person.  I have nothing but respect for farmers as it is a worthy and much needed vocation.  And, I see Chris as being that plus a bit more.
They really chopped up his discussion with Andi and gave us "you could be a homemaker".  I believe he was being humorous here.  He also spoke of possibilities in law and some others which I forget now.  My point is, I don't think he expects a wife who will not have a career.  The dilemma is geography.  Many folks now days work remotely and travel as needed.  I am one of them.  The key is finding the woman whose career can be flexible in this way, and maybe someone who is from a northern clime and not freaked out by long winters.  I realize it can be a tall order as I moved from my beloved PA because of weather!
Chris' first celebrity crush was Jennifer Aniston.  His long time gf is an accomplished career woman.  While I may not agree with all his political views, I don't find him to be a chauvanist or unenlightened when it comes to women.
I thought in the beginning and I still believe the challenge is finding an interesting woman who can and is willing to consider a move to Iowa.  The show probably wants 6-8 feasible candidates and can fill the rest of the slots easily.
Finally, it will come down to chemistry.  Mrs. Soules spoke with Andi about how she lived in town and did not see herself having a life on the farm, but then Mr. Soules stepped down from that tractor...  

Nice posting. I also thing that "farmer" is the joke of his season as were Sean's abs in his. Chris seems self-deprecating enough to take that all in stride and have some fun with it. I hope that just as people were pleasantly surprised by Sean and especially his attempt at real conversations and his humor, especially night one, that Chris will surprise in good ways.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Chris was my fave of Andi's men and I was looking forward to his season until people started comparing him to Sean. I found Sean to be dry, boring, priggish and judgmental. I hope that's not what Chris turns out to be like. hmmm

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

IrishGal wrote:Chris was my fave of Andi's men and I was looking forward to his season until people started comparing him to Sean. I found Sean to be dry, boring, priggish and judgmental. I hope that's not what Chris turns out to be like. hmmm

Hoping he is "like Sean" because he is a gentlemen and sincere about finding a wife. I think like Sean he has a sense of humor (although we didn't see it in either of them particularly in the Bachelorette season.)

He is unlike Sean in that he has a career that he is committed to  and apparently loves. He has a wild side that may or may not rear it's head in a bad way and I suspect he won't say no to the fantasy suite.
🎆
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:12 pm

I don't see the similarity to Sean.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Me either--well they are both male. We got to see so little of Chris, but I think he will be more fun than Yawn.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:53 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I may be way off base but I have a theory on Chris.  I think tptb are doing their usual character stereotyping and Chris is obviously the farmer.  However, I see him more as a business owner who happens to be part of a family owned farm which is in very small town Iowa.   I think his education and business acumen give a bit more breadth to him as a person.  I have nothing but respect for farmers as it is a worthy and much needed vocation.  And, I see Chris as being that plus a bit more.
They really chopped up his discussion with Andi and gave us "you could be a homemaker".  I believe he was being humorous here.  He also spoke of possibilities in law and some others which I forget now.  My point is, I don't think he expects a wife who will not have a career.  The dilemma is geography.  Many folks now days work remotely and travel as needed.  I am one of them.  The key is finding the woman whose career can be flexible in this way, and maybe someone who is from a northern clime and not freaked out by long winters.  I realize it can be a tall order as I moved from my beloved PA because of weather!
Finally, it will come down to chemistry.  Mrs. Soules spoke with Andi about how she lived in town and did not see herself having a life on the farm, but then Mr. Soules stepped down from that tractor...  

Really great post and it is like you read my mind!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 pm

pavalygurl wrote:I don't see the similarity to Sean.

I think the similarity I see is they were both portrayed as "nice guys". But that's about it.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Potential Contestants - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+40
Luvstruck
barbell
chloep
beader
Relalou
SLA44
RollingEyes
pavalygurl
jcrbil
lavenderred
Bhaka