SELECT CONTENT

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

Page 46 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

Post by umngirl Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:59 pm

^IMO, if they told ABC no they are stupid. The money alone to have for the future is a major benefit. Not to mention no out-of-pocket costs. There really aren't that many random people invited to the Bachelor weddings. Take SeanCat's wedding, the random alumni there were all the couples who they aren't close with laugh out loud. Their actually friends from the show would have been invited regardless if it was on tv or not. Much like many of the producers who they got really close too and they consider them great friends. I also don't think ABC would have had any problem with Des designing her own dress. It saves them money.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 87b72b10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 86669110 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 Empty Re: Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

Post by Linds911 Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:13 pm

^ Yes I know they would have for all those reasons, was just trying to figure out why not like all the others. ABC production/popularity could be another reason as you mentioned on the previous page.

Alas sorry to all their fans but hey the wedding is almost here. Smiley

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 8367-910 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 I_got_13 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 E5kqdm15 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11969

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Bringing over the post because I don't see it here beatingheart

deshartsock
It has been one incredible journey with the love of my life thus far but I cannot wait to marry him and start another chapter!  I love you so much!! #savethedate #secretsout #goingtothechapel with @chrisrsiegfried @seahawks #flipagram ♫ Music: The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You made with @flipagram

Will embed video when I'm not on my iPad.

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:07 am

I was expecting it, but someone warn the poor people tagging their girlfriends in the comments section making plans to watch the wedding together laugh out loud

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 am

[quote="Sprite"]
bleuberry wrote:Yes, ABC announced and then SeanCat went public with it. I can't imagine this has anything to do with ABC. For starters, no production people have spoken about it or retweeted anything. This is definitely not a wedding they are working on.

This will really tick me off if it is not televised. They had Jason and Molly...a guy who didn't marry his F1 and went and changed his mind...and televised that, but yet they can't televise Des and Chris? If they televise the spoiled, brat MeAndi, I will be even more p*ssed off! I actually like Des and Chris and the poor girl deserves it. She had to work so hard for everything her whole life, I would like her to get the chance to be spoiled like Trista, Molly, Ashley and Cat and get that televised wedding and everything that comes with that. Not to mention, it would be great exposure for her designs. I know she will still have a beautiful wedding and probably some magazine will have the exclusive picks, not to mention she still gets her Chris, but still.... no no no hissyfit :headbanging :angryemotion :atomic:[/quote

Sprite, I agree, it makes absolutely no sense. I agree
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:54 am

Maggenzm wrote:
Sprite wrote:
bleuberry wrote:Yes, ABC announced and then SeanCat went public with it. I can't imagine this has anything to do with ABC. For starters, no production people have spoken about it or retweeted anything. This is definitely not a wedding they are working on.

This will really tick me off if it is not televised. They had Jason and Molly...a guy who didn't marry his F1 and went and changed his mind...and televised that, but yet they can't televise Des and Chris? If they televise the spoiled, brat MeAndi, I will be even more p*ssed off! I actually like Des and Chris and the poor girl deserves it. She had to work so hard for everything her whole life, I would like her to get the chance to be spoiled like Trista, Molly, Ashley and Cat and get that televised wedding and everything that comes with that. Not to mention, it would be great exposure for her designs. I know she will still have a beautiful wedding and probably some magazine will have the exclusive picks, not to mention she still gets her Chris, but still.... no no no hissyfit :headbanging :angryemotion :atomic:[/quote

Sprite, I agree, it makes absolutely no sense. I agree

This is just my opinion, but the Sean Cat had lower ratings than expected.  This quote from Eonline "Sean Lowe and Catherine Guidici's highly publicized live nuptials failed to bring in big ratings for ABC, as the special attracted just 6.2 million viewers and a 1.6 ratings in the adults 18-49 demo. Those numbers are down from the current season of The Bachelor, with Juan Pablo Galavis' last episode bringing in 7.8 million viewers." http://www.eonline.com/news/504009/the-bachelor-wedding-how-many-viewers-rsvped-for-sean-lowe-and-catherine-guidici-s-live-nuptials.  

This was pretty surprising with it being live and their first bachelor to marry his F1.  Sean Cat had tons of followers and were all over the place, DWTS, active twitter, IG.  They did all they could to pull in viewers.

January is actually busy on Sundays with the NFL playoffs, so I wouldn't be surprised if ABC isn't interested in low performing bachelor specials against the other networks.

Compare this to Part 3 of the Trista pink wedding nightmare in 2003. The December 10 two-hour conclusion of Trista & Ryan's Wedding soared over its Wednesday night competition, drawing 17.1 million viewers and carrying ABC to a ratings win for the evening.

The third and final episode of the wedding special was the No. 1 television program of the night in both total viewers and the Adults 18-49 demographic, leading the second-place networks in the time period by 3.2 million viewers (17.1 million vs. NBC's 13.9 million) and by 60% in Adults 18-49 (7.2/18 vs. FOX's 4.5/11).
Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ratings-trista-%26-ryan-wedding-finale-dominates-timeslot-draws-over-17-million-viewers-2090.php#Q7BEkwcm5bFtPCcf.99

It is possible ABC might not show anymore weddings.  If they do, I could see them moving them to summer when these lower ratings might be considered.  Since December/January has always been the wedding time slot, they may have planned to air Des&Chris then saw how poorly SeanCat did and then how low Andi's ratings were and changed their minds.  Or they may have offered Des and Chris to maybe wait until summer and they may not have wanted to.

Andi and Josh have both said spring or summer, so maybe TPTB and ABC have learned and are moving the specials and unfortunately Des and Chris got caught in the shuffle.

I am kind of happy, I know others loved it, but except for the ceremony, I disliked the SeanCat special.  The actual wedding was lovely, the other hour and forty minutes and painful to watch.  Sean lingerie shopping and Cat doing boudoir photography and updates every fifteen minutes on the consummation suite.  Gross.  I would have liked a lot more time with Sean and Cat's family and more of the reception, instead we got ridiculous fluff until the last 20 minutes.  

I don't see Des and Chris playing along with all the ridiculousness that SeanCat did.  Afterall, at the JPG AFTR when SeanCat were good little soldiers socking it to JPG, Des and Chris had nothing mean to say.  They just aren't like that.

I am happy for them.  They can have a beautiful wedding and we hopefully will get at least a magazine spread.

I will say that if they don't televise Des and Chris. I will not watch Andi's either and I think any who really care should email, tweet, whatever and tell TPTB and ABC what you think of their decision.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:55 am

umngirl wrote:^IMO, the main reason they televised Jason and Molly's wedding is because they were so starved for success stories that they kinda had too. With a more successful run lately it appears they are being more picky about which ones they will put on tv. I'm sure they look at a number of factors when determining if they want to make an offer to the couple or not. This is JMO, but I don't think Des and Chris are really all that popular so I wouldn't be surprised if the TPTB thought there was no way they could get the ratings and ad money they wanted so they passed.

Okay. I will give you that they were desperate and hence, Jason and Molly.

I agree, Des and Chris are not the most popular couple, but frankly, either are Andi and Josh. Pretty much everyone I know that watches the show didn't like Andi and really didn't care about the couple. While everyone thought Des was kind of boring, most people still liked her and thought well of her. From what I remember...and please correct me if I'm wrong...the ratings were about the same for both seasons. So why one, if not the other?

I actually thought Des and Chris had the most romantic and heartfelt proposal of all of them. What screwed everything up was the way it was edited. If the producers hadn't done such a quick switcheroo from her crying over her loving Brooks to a proposal from Chris, I think more people would have had a more positive reaction and they would have ended up a much more popular couple...like Ashley and JP. Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 2292733854

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:06 am

^I'm going off social media numbers. According to that, Josh and Andi are more popular than even SeanCat (although I seriously question that).

I just think TPTB don't see good ratings for a wedding for these two so they are passing. I think they see a higher draw in a potential Andi/Josh wedding because of a number of different factors. Personally, I probably won't watch another franchise wedding no matter who it is. Wait, I take that back. If SeanCat got a vow renewal in the future I would watch that. They ruined all weddings for me. Lol

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 87b72b10 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 86669110 Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6 - Page 46 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:10 am

stuckinsc wrote:
This is just my opinion, but the Sean Cat had lower ratings than expected.  This quote from Eonline "ean Lowe and Catherine Guidici's highly publicized live nuptials failed to bring in big ratings for ABC, as the special attracted just 6.2 million viewers and a 1.6 ratings in the adults 18-49 demo. Those numbers are down from the current season of The Bachelor, with Juan Pablo Galavis' last episode bringing in 7.8 million viewers." http://www.eonline.com/news/504009/the-bachelor-wedding-how-many-viewers-rsvped-for-sean-lowe-and-catherine-guidici-s-live-nuptials.  

This was pretty surprising with it being live and their first bachelor to marry his F1.  Sean Cat had tons of followers and were all over the place, DWTS, active twitter, IG.  They did all they could to pull in viewers.

January is actually busy on Sundays with the NFL playoffs, so I wouldn't be surprised if ABC isn't interested in low performing bachelor specials against the other networks.

Compare this to Part 3 of the Trista pink wedding nightmare in 2013. The December 10 two-hour conclusion of Trista & Ryan's Wedding soared over its Wednesday night competition, drawing 17.1 million viewers and carrying ABC to a ratings win for the evening.

The third and final episode of the wedding special was the No. 1 television program of the night in both total viewers and the Adults 18-49 demographic, leading the second-place networks in the time period by 3.2 million viewers (17.1 million vs. NBC's 13.9 million) and by 60% in Adults 18-49 (7.2/18 vs. FOX's 4.5/11).
Read more at http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/ratings-trista-%26-ryan-wedding-finale-dominates-timeslot-draws-over-17-million-viewers-2090.php#Q7BEkwcm5bFtPCcf.99

It is possible ABC might not show anymore weddings.  If they do, I could see them moving them to summer when these lower ratings might be considered.  Since December/January has always been the wedding time slot, they may have planned to air Des&Chris then saw how poorly SeanCat did and then how low Andi's ratings were and changed their minds.  Or they may have offered Des and Chris to maybe wait until summer and they may not have wanted to.

Andi and Josh have both said spring or summer, so maybe TPTB and ABC have learned and are moving the specials and unfortunately Des and Chris got caught in the shuffle.

I am kind of happy, I know others loved it, but except for the ceremony, I disliked the SeanCat special.  The actual wedding was lovely, the other hour and forty minutes and painful to watch.  Sean lingerie shopping and Cat doing boudoir photography and updates every fifteen minutes on the consummation suite.  Gross.  I would have liked a lot more time with Sean and Cat's family and more of the reception, instead we got ridiculous fluff until the last 20 minutes.  

I don't see Des and Chris playing along with all the ridiculousness that SeanCat did.  Afterall, at the JPG AFTR when SeanCat were good little soldiers socking it to JPG, Des and Chris had nothing mean to say.  They just aren't like that.

I am happy for them.  They can have a beautiful wedding and we hopefully will get at least a magazine spread.

I will say that if they don't televise Des and Chris. I will not watch Andi's either and I think any who really care should email, tweet, whatever and tell TPTB and ABC what you think of their decision.

I really don't think you can compare Trista's three day, puke inducing pinkfest to the recent weddings. The show was still relatively fresh...as was reality TV...and she was the first to get married. It's all been downhill ratings wise since.

I thought the ratings for SeanCat did OK when compared to the Jash wedding? Anyone who knows for sure? Plus, wasn't it up against something big?

I think one of the problems with the ratings is that viewership is down across the board for everything because of all the different viewing options people have now. As well, they don't air it in the regular Monday night time slot when people expect the Bachelor stuff.

I will not be watching MeAndi whether Des gets her televised wedding or not. That is the one couple of this franchise that I just don't like...no matter how perfect they are for each other.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 am

Sprite wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
This is just my opinion, but the Sean Cat had lower ratings than expected.  This quote from Eonline "ean Lowe and Catherine Guidici's highly publicized live nuptials failed to bring in big ratings for ABC, as the special attracted just 6.2 million viewers and a 1.6 ratings in the adults 18-49 demo. Those numbers are down from the current season of The Bachelor, with Juan Pablo Galavis' last episode bringing in 7.8 million viewers." http://www.eonline.com/news/504009/the-bachelor-wedding-how-many-viewers-rsvped-for-sean-lowe-and-catherine-guidici-s-live-nuptials.  

Compare this to Part 3 of the Trista pink wedding nightmare in 2013. The December 10 two-hour conclusion of Trista & Ryan's Wedding soared over its Wednesday night competition, drawing 17.1 million viewers and carrying ABC to a ratings win for the evening.

I really don't think you can compare Trista's three day, puke inducing pinkfest to the recent weddings. The show was still relatively fresh...as was reality TV...and she was the first to get married. It's all been downhill ratings wise since.

I thought the ratings for SeanCat did OK when compared to the Jash wedding? Anyone who knows for sure? Plus, wasn't it up against something big?

I think one of the problems with the ratings is that viewership is down across the board for everything because of all the different viewing options people have now. As well, they don't air it in the regular Monday night time slot when people expect the Bachelor stuff.

I will not be watching MeAndi whether Des gets her televised wedding or not. That is the one couple of this franchise that I just don't like...no matter how perfect they are for each other.

I am not sure how overall ratings are compared to 2003. I just think that ABC expected the SeanCat wedding to draw large numbers, and when it didn't even perform as well as the bachelor the following night it was a wake-up call. If they couldn't pull in the ratings who would?

I do think January on Sunday nights is a bad idea. Playoff football usually runs late so 8 PM usually still has that competition.

I do think they could move the specials to the summer and maybe get better ratings.

Des will be a beautiful bride and I will be sad if we don't get to hear their vows since Chris did have the best proposal ever in this franchise. But I am really happy that they will get their own wedding and not some TPTB nightmare.

I am not an Andi fan. I like the Murrays, so I might have watched for them.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 am

Sean and Catherine's wedding did better than JP/Ashley. It also went head-to-head with the Grammys which is an extremely tough task.

A lot of the "ridiculousness" in the wedding special was out of SeanCat's control. They honestly cared more about getting the ceremony of their dreams which is exactly what they got and it was spectacular. The rest was just fluff in their eyes so they didn't really care.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:16 am

umngirl wrote:^I'm going off social media numbers. According to that, Josh and Andi are more popular than even SeanCat (although I seriously question that).  

I just think TPTB don't see good ratings for a wedding for these two so they are passing. I think they see a higher draw in a potential Andi/Josh wedding because of a number of different factors. Personally, I probably won't watch another franchise wedding no matter who it is. Wait, I take that back. If SeanCat got a vow renewal in the future I would watch that. They ruined all weddings for me. Lol

I really don't think the ratings would be all that different no matter who got married, but that is my opinion. I just know that I would watch one wedding and most definitely not the other. I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed for Des and Chris...and maybe for the other Chris filming now.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree & Chris Siegfried - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion #6

+50
islandgirl
provenceguy
Jolena
Rolly
Maggenzm