SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Page 19 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 19 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by soccermom333 Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:15 am

Alanna wrote:Speaking just for myself, even ignoring all the sm clues, I thought it would be impossible for Andi to choose Nick. He just wasn't what she wanted and got her all hot and bothered imo. She died over the strong, alpha men, and Nick the Nerd was quite literally the opposite of that. I could never reconcile her desires changing like that no matter what kind of connection or unexpected friendship she had with him. Obviously JMO.

Great post Alanna.  clapping!  I do want to touch on the SM clues. They were there and there many. Andi and Josh tweeted together or within minutes of each other a few times. She admitted that they were both at the lake on the fourth and she took the "safe house" pictures. They were taken very carefully and one was in the dark at night. The "Cancun" clue. Josh singing in the car. I bring this up because SM (especially twitter) is real life happening right NOW. Should not be overlooked and I believe when someone has a favorite, it is easy to talk yourself out of the "obvious." Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7 - Page 19 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

Post by albean99 Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:27 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Alanna wrote:Speaking just for myself, even ignoring all the sm clues, I thought it would be impossible for Andi to choose Nick. He just wasn't what she wanted and got her all hot and bothered imo. She died over the strong, alpha men, and Nick the Nerd was quite literally the opposite of that. I could never reconcile her desires changing like that no matter what kind of connection or unexpected friendship she had with him. Obviously JMO.

Great post Alanna.   clapping!   I do want to touch on the SM clues.  They were there and there many.  Andi and Josh tweeted together or within minutes of each other a few times.  She admitted that they were both at the lake on the fourth and she took the "safe house" pictures.  They were taken very carefully and one was in the dark at night.   The "Cancun" clue.  Josh singing in the car.  I bring this up because SM (especially twitter) is real life happening right NOW.  Should not be overlooked and I believe when someone has a favorite, it is easy to talk yourself out of the "obvious."  Smiley      

The problem is that there shouldn't have been any clues from Andi, Josh, his family, & Nick. I think Andi especially should have gotten told off big time for it. It's bad enough we have a RS but if the lead & f1, etc taking part in it is unfair to viewers. It & RS are ruining the show imo.

Last edited by albean99 on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:31 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Alanna wrote:I thought it would be impossible for Andi to choose Nick. He just wasn't what she wanted
I believe when someone has a favorite, it is easy to talk yourself out of the "obvious."  Smiley      

Edited to focus on parts of each of these posts that resonate for me.

Yes - Nick was not what Andi wanted and we actually had two clues about what she did want. The 2013 Jezebel article featuring her and describing her ideal man (which fit Josh, not Nick), and her comments at the M&G about Josh "just my type, nailed it. damn." It may have taken her a journey to accept the risk of "her type" but hard to think she would not pick her type if it was remotely feasible.

And then again there's the subject of favorites, perhaps the arch enemy of good sleuthing. The very nature of this show is to create a doubt and the possibility of more than one choice, so as soon as you select a favorite you will find evidence to support that favorite. But it doesn't matter who a poster's favorite is - it only matters who the lead's favorite is. A lot of posters say "follow the feet" as a way of figuring out after filming who the lead picked but I say while watching the show "follow the lead" or maybe "follow the lead's eyes" to see who the lead's favorite is.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:00 am

Most of the SM clues did not mean anything to the average viewer. I remember when Des posted her safe house picture of Chris. No one thought anything of it but "us!" We sleuth and analyze every single detail. Most viewers do not. Andi and Josh gave away nothing but did risk someone finding out in Atlanta. They snuck around and saw each other everyday. At least they were disguised.

RS is another story but not going there.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:22 am

soccermom333 wrote:Most of the SM clues did not mean anything to the average viewer.  I remember when Des posted her safe house picture of Chris.  No one thought anything of it but "us!"  We sleuth and analyze every single detail.  Most viewers do not.  Andi and Josh gave away nothing but did risk someone finding out in Atlanta.  They snuck around and saw each other everyday.  At least they were disguised.  

They gave away a lot and RS picked up on some of it like the Snapchat. Still can't believe Andi used her own name.  That's an amateur move. Josh' mom also was so obvious especially her finale party. I just thought it was very unnecessary.  Nick made a giant boo boo but paid for it. The rest didn't pay but should have. I think it goes back to Jef & family. They didn't think the rules were for them and Andi et al were just as bad or worse.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:26 am

albean99 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:Most of the SM clues did not mean anything to the average viewer.  I remember when Des posted her safe house picture of Chris.  No one thought anything of it but "us!"  We sleuth and analyze every single detail.  Most viewers do not.  Andi and Josh gave away nothing but did risk someone finding out in Atlanta.  They snuck around and saw each other everyday.  At least they were disguised.  

They gave away a lot and RS picked up on some of it like the Snapchat. Still can't believe Andi used her own name.  That's an amateur move. Josh' mom also was so obvious especially her finale party. I just thought it was very unnecessary.  Nick made a giant boo boo but paid for it. The rest didn't pay but should have. I think it goes back to Jef & family. They didn't think the rules were for them and Andi et al were just as bad or worse.
Yeah, the sm was out of control. Not sure if it was because Nick spoiled the season with the video so Jodi was like "eff it" and went to town, or because this was the first time the couple was actually living together so it was harder to keep it together for them or what, but it was hilarious and blatant.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:41 am

albean99 wrote:I tend to think there's enough rose colored glasses to go around on all sides. There's always plenty of rewriting history on the part of the lead to fit who they end up with. The only time we hear the truth is post break up.  At this point it doesn't really matter because the season has ended. I'm ready to move on and mostly have already. It looks like Nick is doing nicely as are the other guys from the season so all's good.  :Nod:

Yes! Me too ... and then I pop onto this thread and sometimes just can't help myself.

Nick seems just fine and he's as witty as ever on SM and sexy handsome as ever on IG. Who knew "nerds" could be so hot?!

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:44 am

Lucas15 wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
Alanna wrote:I thought it would be impossible for Andi to choose Nick. He just wasn't what she wanted
I believe when someone has a favorite, it is easy to talk yourself out of the "obvious."  Smiley      

Edited to focus on parts of each of these posts that resonate for me.

Yes - Nick was not what Andi wanted and we actually had two clues about what she did want. The 2013 Jezebel article featuring her and describing her ideal man (which fit Josh, not Nick), and her comments at the M&G about Josh "just my type, nailed it. damn." It may have taken her a journey to accept the risk of "her type" but hard to think she would not pick her type if it was remotely feasible.

And then again there's the subject of favorites, perhaps the arch enemy of good sleuthing. The very nature of this show is to create a doubt and the possibility of more than one choice, so as soon as you select a favorite you will find evidence to support that favorite. But it doesn't matter who a poster's favorite is - it only matters who the lead's favorite is. A lot of posters say "follow the feet" as a way of figuring out after filming who the lead picked but I say while watching the show "follow the lead" or maybe "follow the lead's eyes" to see who the lead's favorite is.

Basically, ignore who is chasing the lead (Nick with flowers, going to her room, etc), watch who the lead is chasing....in this case always prodding and poking at Josh. Questioning...non stop.

That whole "Just my type, nailed it. Damn." was a huge give away for me. Just like JPab biting his hand watching Nikki walk away last year. Even after almost everybody told her ILY and she had a great week, she was miserable because she and Josh got into that tiff about the lie detector. She was just different with him. More relaxed. Softer...and that is the only time she was ever soft because, let's face it, a soft, warm, fuzzy type, she is not.

I find that as we get into the season and favourites are more firmly entrenched, people seem to go to more and more elaborate strategies to justify why the lead will pick this one or that one. I stick to the basics. I watch body language. Maybe it's because it's something I am trained to do in my job. If I don't read body language cues well...I'm likely to get myself whacked...big time. I also watch for the direct...straight to the camera...statements about whoever. The voiceovers they can play with, but those statements straight from the horses mouth are what count. If you have to twist yourself in knots to justify why it's something/someone...it's most likely not!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:46 am

Alanna wrote:
albean99 wrote:

Yeah, the sm was out of control. Not sure if it was because Nick spoiled the season with the video so Jodi was like "eff it" and went to town, or because this was the first time the couple was actually living together so it was harder to keep it together for them or what, but it was hilarious and blatant.

I thought we already had a lot of SM clues between the families before the video was ever brought up...or am I imagining that?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:12 am

i could be wrong but as one of Chrisville die-hard members i couldnt recall Des had posted the infamous SH visit of Chris (see my avi Smiley). The max she had done was posting her 'open heart' necklace (cue:her poem to Chris). The SH visit pic actually was a twitter profile pic of Chris (he didnt post it either) which he displayed for about 7-10 days.

i was very thankful and had huge respect for Des and the Hartsock , especially for Chris and the Siegfried -the false spoiled F2 who was actually the F1: re : can you imagine how hard it was to keep the real F1 secret? laugh out loud-- for keeping it classy , under wrap till the end. They never did the unnecessary actions more than they should (read:required by TPTB). It made sleuthing so much fun! Smiley. SM-wise, i guess maybe They and their fam should be the role model for the final couple after them ...

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:46 am

I join MVMom ... my bad, my mistake for giving to much credit to everyone ... everyone ... that's why my initial reaction was a disappointment ... but I got over it.

In all of this ... Nick is all that matters to me, since I love this guy, no matter what s*** he does, I get it, I might not even agree with, but I understand and I'm by his side.
The rest in the game are the past I want to leave behind.
I'm not done with TPTB yet, that machine is way too interesting to just let it go ... so I'll might stick around to learn some more tricks.

I love scrupulous minds ... where moral rules don't apply ... where there's a cat&mouse game ... and you know something bad it's bound to happen ... and you don't even know who is a bad guy and who is a good one, since the lines are long being blurred ... like Tom&Jerry ...
give me more  :cheeseyy 

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:42 am

Sprite wrote:
Alanna wrote:
albean99 wrote:

I thought we already had a lot of SM clues between the families before the video was ever brought up...or am I imagining that?

No, you are not imagining that. That, alone, had this forum talking. Add to that, we find out from state locals(fans and fellow jocks) it's "common knowledge".
Too many leaks all around.
If you think about it---all 3 top cast were thrown under the bus and diarrhea (social media and social mouth) could be the why.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 80 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #7

+68
mathwiz37
Amberish
Relalou
IrishGal
eliza3