SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat  - Page 77 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:21 pm

Unfortunately she is not informed. There are two children in Canada that have been infected. One in Ontario and one in Calgary. One was in day care, they have now closed for two weeks. No one is immune to this and the more people realize this isn't any voo doo fear factor by any government. It's a virus that there is no cure, and they know very little about.

Ontario is closing schools for two weeks after March break next week.

Child care is always an issue for parents. I hope some sort of paid sick leave is introduced soon for employee's and to stay home with their children.

We are just getting over a teacher's rotating strike that has been ongoing since early Feb/20. They just came to an agreement a couple of hours ago. During that time, there have been a lot of grandparents, other family members, friends or whoever could help out looking after the kids while the teachers were striking. It's not easy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:29 pm

Oh no Mrs Trudeau is tested positive.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 am

Uggh I just read that. PM Trudeau isolated himself while waiting for the results. I've been randomly checking all day because we knew she was not feeling well after returning from the UK.

What a sweetheart she is.

“Being in quarantine at home is nothing compared to other Canadian families who might be going through this and for those facing more serious health concerns.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/6670203/sophie-gregoire-trudeau-coronavirus-positive/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:46 am

There are infected children in Texas as well. A father and a son in the same house.

Ohio's governor has closed all K-12 schools for 3 weeks starting Tuesday. All high school sporting activities (tournaments especially) have been canceled. Originally they were voiding all tickets and re-issuing to essential personnel (family of athletes/coaches mainly) and minimal press.

The Mid American Conference (my alma mater is in this conference) was having both their men's and women's basketball tournaments in Cleveland. Now canceled. They play in the same building as the Cleveland Cavaliers and guess what team played there in the last 10 days... Utah Jazz.

March Madness also uses that building and the "play in" games are always held in Dayton. So 2 cities in Ohio are being affected by the cancellation of the whole NCAA tournament.

One thing that I have noticed is that there have been several people on my FB feed that are sharing posts by people that are offering child care during the school shutdown. I don't think they do this all the time but are willing to step up during this time. One is even a licensed provider that is probably just a stay at home mom right now. A good thing in an uncertain time.

I also saw about Mrs. Trudeau. This disease knows no boundaries.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:08 am

This is crazy and so scary!! All the amusement parks here in CA are closing until the end of March. I just went to a Blake Shelton concert last Saturday, was so nervous it would get canceled or anyone there had it but thankfully I'm fine, and he had to cancel the rest of his shows, same with other musicians. Talk shows are either filming without live audiences or postponed for a few weeks.

Stay safe everyone. Prayers for Tom Hanks and all others.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

General Chit Chat  - Page 77 8367-910 General Chit Chat  - Page 77 I_got_13 General Chit Chat  - Page 77 E5kqdm15 General Chit Chat  - Page 77 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:11 am

Special prayers for all medical professionals, first responders, and Dr Fauci!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 am

sdmom wrote:Special prayers for all medical professionals, first responders, and Dr Fauci!

Yep. These people are the real warriors in all this. Having worked in a hospital (non medical professional though) during the blizzard of '78 here in Ohio I saw first hand how hard these people work during times of crisis.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:19 pm

At this point, it's important for me to spend some time daily reading positive articles and good feel news!

General Chit Chat  - Page 77 3552228123 to all medical professionals in any capacity. The are putting their health aside to care for others.

I think it's a great idea our school system is closing for three weeks. We are at the start of March break this coming week. In order to prevent any spreading, those who may be travelling and returning after March break, won't affect other children since they will all be out of school for two weeks after March break.
Parents were initially concerned about those who chose to travel during March break, then children return to school, so this is a great preventative measure.

I have not read any updates yet today, going to do that now. :nervous

@HavaDrPepper love the idea of offering child care. I too have heard that in our area this morning on talk radio. There are stay at home mom's who are more than happy to have Johnny's friend over while parents work during what is going to be a three week closure of schools. Parents already made arrangements for child care for March break so this gives them time to figure out what to do for the two weeks after.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:37 pm

https://www.facebook.com/100003122019936/videos/2947707598676612/

My brother who is in Taiwan sent me this. It only goes up to the 10th of March, but it is interesting and scary.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Welp, we have our first case in the Niagara Region. An 80 yr old man picked up by paramedics on an unrelated condition tested positive. He didn't have any travel history but has been in contact with a family member who returned from Portugal.

This is what I don't get. If you're returning from anywhere, self isolate! I was just in his city this morning to pick up documents at a lawyer's office. Both of them are in isolation but there isn't enough info on the family member. When did she arrive, which airport, what did she do after she arrived? Ughgh

Advisory not to travel outside of Canada and billion's of dollars being injected to help small business's and those who can't work because of being infected. The ripple effect is mind boggling.

@Sprite that link isn't available ?

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:33 pm

I also have great respect for grocery workers who makes hourly wages, can’t work from home, have contact with numerous people daily. Without them, the society can’t function.

Same gratitude goes to delivery guys, janitors, etc etc. Often time we don’t think of them but today, I can’t express my gratitude enough.

Please be careful every body! If you can, stay home as much as possible!

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:01 pm

More cases in Ohio today, my side of the state this time. And, there was someone just 15 miles from me that was tested. Came back negative though. Officials in Ohio estimate that 100,000 people could be infected but with the limited number of kits there is no way to know for sure.

Our local schools have the lunch program for those kids that need it. I am so proud of them. They will still be providing those meals during the shut down. They will be providing "pack and go" meals at several locations throughout the area. We have students from several small villages in the area so instead of making them come to the "city" they will go to them. All children needing a meal are required to go to pick it up and people are complaining that it should be good enough for just 1 member of the family to do it. Thankfully, the school system has responded and said that federal regulations and reporting requirements that determines that each person getting a meal must be the ones to put their hands on it.

I have a friend that lives in Canada near the NY border and she had planned to come to Ohio to visit with a friend this weekend just to hang out and see the friend's brand new house. She asked for advice on our scrapbooking forum. Several said go ahead and do it. I was the first to raise the questions... could she even get back into Canada if she did? Could she afford to be stuck in the USA for a couple of weeks? Another girl echoed my sentiments and they are really good friends. Then I found out about the new cases in Ohio... right in the area where she would be visiting. She is a level headed girl and did decide to cancel. She'll head this way late summer and with advance notice, several of us will meet up with her for lunch. She plans to come home through Detroit so she will go right by my town and she wants to see it. Couple hours should do it!

I'm glad there are still some level headed people around!

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat

+63
HavaDrPepper
Astrobach