SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Empty Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bet2Win Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Loved the hockey clip, gave me chills. When I was an avid hockey fan, in LA, a lot of the fans were Canadians back in the days of Orr, Hull, Vashon, et al.
Now I'm dating myself. Hugesmile
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:29 pm

There are days when I feel totally dated, about everything in life! laugh out loud

I had a problem with my cell phone. The home screen is dark, it won't light up. I've tried everything several times, nothing worked. I called, oh we don't service that phone anymore if you want help you can talk to technical support but there's a fee of $25. What??? The phone is 1 1/2 yrs old?? OF course I'm not due for an upgrade yet unless I pay $300 to get out my contract, they made me feel like I'm using an original cell phone that came in zippered bags. Now that's dating myself! laugh out loud

This was a week or so ago. Today I said, that's it, I took the battery and sim card out, which I did several times before, I left it out, and threatened it to work, put it back together, and it's fine. Go figure. I should start a $25 cell phone service. General Chit Chat  - Page 9 2292733854

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:40 am

GuardianAngel wrote:There are days when I feel totally dated, about everything in life! laugh out loud

I had a problem with my cell phone. The home screen is dark, it won't light up. I've tried everything several times,  nothing worked. I called, oh we don't service that phone anymore if you want help you can talk to technical support but there's a fee of $25. What??? The phone is 1 1/2 yrs old?? OF course I'm not due for an upgrade yet unless I pay $300 to get out my contract, they made me feel like I'm using an original cell phone that came in zippered bags. Now that's dating myself! laugh out loud

This was a week or so ago. Today I said, that's it, I took the battery and sim card out, which I did several times before, I left it out, and threatened it to work, put it back together, and it's fine. Go figure. I should start a $25 cell phone service.  General Chit Chat  - Page 9 2292733854

Don't feel bad GA, I just got my first smart phone a few weeks ago.  I felt sad to say goodbye to my pink metal Motorola Razor flip phone.  I mean, hey, it still worked just fine after 10 years plus.  At least people won't laugh at me now when they see me take out my phone (it will be for some other reason, LOL).
giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Anyone do any Black Friday shopping today or yesterday? I try to never shop on Thanksgiving so wasn't part of the zoo last night. I tend to avoid it even on Black Friday in recent years because you can get so much more online. I found one thing a couple of weeks ago and it ended up being only a few dollars more than the best deal for BF so felt good about that. We did stop at Kohl's and got a few things for stocking stuffers. The linefups were crazy and this was around lunchtime so am glad I didn't try earlier. 

I remember when our boys were much younger and we braved the early morning BF deals at Best Buy. My dh & I took turns in line which snaked around the inside of the store 3 times. Good deals but not sure it's worth it.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15331

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Only did online shopping from a few stores that offered and extra discount. But there are no malls that close to me anyway!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:11 pm

I did a few online sites, too and got some great deals on things I had already been keeping my eye on.
I'm putting one of the items away for my grandson's first bday in Feb, as the item never goes on sale, never offers free personalization and offers never free offers shipping. So it's a triple play! Not too bad!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:29 pm

I steered clear of the mall and other brick and mortar shops.  I did a little online, including an order from LLBean where I got free shipping, 10% off and a $10 gift card toward a future purchase.  I also stocked up for my hubs with 4 different colors of his favorite Haggar cords online at JCPenney which came to less than $100 due to 20% off already sale price and free shipping.  Good deal.  Maybe I'll do a bit more come cyber Monday.  Have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by RoseLover86 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 pm

No malls for me. I bought my godson's birthday and Christmas present online with free shipping and between 20-50% off. I also slipped a few pair of slippers for myself in there too.

There a few more things I may consider if I get great deals on cyber Monday, but otherwise I'm done with my shopping.

General Chit Chat  - Page 9 87b72b10 General Chit Chat  - Page 9 86669110 General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Some Cyber Monday deals are already live. My favorite online sites are Amazon (Prime), Slickdeals.net, Bestdeals.com, and Retailmenot.com for coupon codes to try. I also use the Retailmenot app for coupons while shopping. It's great. Anyone have any sites or apps to share?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15331

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Retailmenot.com ROCKS!! I have been utilizing it for years and seldom am not able to find a useable coupon.
One of the reasons I am such a huge online shopper is I almost always get free shipping and great discounts that often the store can't match.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:24 pm

If you are doing online shopping, go through eBates.com. You get percentage back of how much you spend. It varies via retailer.

General Chit Chat  - Page 9 87b72b10 General Chit Chat  - Page 9 86669110 General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:36 pm

I freakin' love the RetailMeNot app on my phone. If you have your GPS on and there is a coupon or deal in the location you are in it makes the sound of a cash register opening and shows you the deal. Just saved $5 off my Christmas cards that way today. (It's the little things that amuse me)

General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Samuel10General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Samuel10 General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Family10General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Samuel15General Chit Chat  - Page 9 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat

+63
HavaDrPepper