SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Page 25 of 79 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by luvlady345 Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:46 pm

whit90 wrote:
lexforlife wrote:oh, can you be specific, like what would say is Jeff and Jordan's brand? Andi and Josh's brand?

Jeff and Jordan are not anything like Josh and Andi . They did not have to market themselves nor does Jordan have anything to do with being in the spot light. They dated for several years and fell in love over time. Now they are engaged and you do not see or hear them promoting themselves they just live a normal life.

LOL, you must not have followed J/J?  They have done Jeff and Jordan do America a web series, They are going to be on Marriage Boot camp the 3rd season, Are the front couple for PLC, Jeff has done Around the world for Free web series (which Jordan has been a part of)....  They have done meet/greets, they have hosted a NYE party for hotel.....  YES they are very much in LOVE an are getting married very soon but they do market themselves together as well as Jeff doing solo things within the industry

Last edited by luvlady345 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 25 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by luvlady345 Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:50 pm

And forgetting they were on The Amazing Race and came back for the DUO edition of BB and if you have ever followed them they do acknowledge their brand as a couple.....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Oh brother, thanks btw, Luvlady. I like Jeff and Jordan as I do Josh and Andi and their "brand" now that I understand what it means. Nothing wrong with striking while the iron is hot! Smiley

Last edited by lexforlife on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:33 pm

luvlady345 wrote:
whit90 wrote:
lexforlife wrote:oh, can you be specific, like what would say is Jeff and Jordan's brand? Andi and Josh's brand?

Jeff and Jordan are not anything like Josh and Andi . They did not have to market themselves nor does Jordan have anything to do with being in the spot light. They dated for several years and fell in love over time. Now they are engaged and you do not see or hear them promoting themselves they just live a normal life.

LOL, you must not have followed J/J?  They have done Jeff and Jordan do America a web series, They are going to be on Marriage Boot camp the 3rd season, Are the front couple for PLC, Jeff has done Around the world for Free web series (which Jordan has been a part of)....  They have done meet/greets, they have hosted a NYE party for hotel.....  YES they are very much in LOVE an are getting married very soon but they do market themselves together as well as Jeff doing solo things within the industry

LOL...Yes I do follow them and know what they are doing but I explained myself in the PM you sent me.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:41 pm

LOL, it's not about a couple being like another couple, each couple is different but if they are a couple they have a brand together.....

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 pm

So this is my opinion, all of this post, but since I am doing all kinds of repetitive stuff lately, my mind has plenty  of time to wander.  Why does Andi bug me so much?

I was okay with her on the bachelor until  the whole FS and her overreacting and to me unfair behavior.  I genuinely don't care why she did it.  Even if she was doing it just to be the bachelorette, I don't like that she did it.  

I was excited pre-season for her and Josh and to hopefully be able to like her and see them fall in love.

But, I hated her with him.  I don't care if she was cheated on, and I know because every man I have been involved with but my husband have cheated on me.  I get it.  But it wasn't Josh's fault.  Her constant whine of could she trust him, was he true?  It was annoying to me.  I wanted Josh to stop trying, because it wasn't his fault that it happened to her.  He wanted to stick with her and thinks it is worth it.  That is fine, but I wanted him to dump her from week three or four, I can't really remember exactly when.

This isn't because I wanted her with Nick to begin with.  I didn't, just as I saw her interact with Nick she had a calm and to me seemed like a more likeable person with Nick.

I didn't like her with most of the other guys.  Her reaction to Dylan's story was pathetic to me.  Having lived a life experience like that, she irritated me with the lack of genuine caring to his story that I saw from her.  Sorry, again my opinion based on my experience.

I didn't blame her for the Eric thing, since I think she was being pushed and pushed by Eric and she didn't want him there but was being forced by TPTB to keep him.

I also didn't like the way she acted with the whole Cody and Nick thing.  I think Cody is a nice guy, but also kind of simple.  He did feel blessed, I get it.  But yes, I too would have made fun of a person for saying it again and again in that situation.  I believed Nick's sorry and felt that Andi should have actually talked to Nick about it instead of just accepting everyone elses word over Nick.  Probably should have been my first clue that she wasn't really all that into Nick.

As the season went on, I just didn't warm to her.  

But, I usually support most couples who come from this show and Andi still bugs me.  I didn't like her playing the victim after AFTR.  Nick was wrong to say what he did, but her attitude and nastiness were much worse to me.  Also, I think if she really wanted Josh then she shouldn't have had sex with Nick or anyone else.  

But mostly, it is that Andi presented herself on JPG's season as a lawyer, a smart, intelligent woman with career goals.  That is the person she sold us on that season and even at the beginning of the bachelorette.  But that is not the truth.

I don't think Andi will ever practice law again if it is her choice.  I realize she said she has spent a lot of time and effort to become a lawyer so she should use it.  But that is not passion for what you do, it is feeling like it would be a waste to have done all that and not use it.  Truthfully and this is for me and my preference only, I would respect her more if she just came out and was honest and said, I worked hard for it, but being a lawyer isn't what I thought it would be.  I see it all the time in graduate school.  The majority of people who get PhDs don't do research.  They actually go into writing, editing, law and business instead.  Some continue on to medicine.  That is okay, in my mind it is okay to think you want something and then change your mind.  So I won't criticize Andi if she doesn't practice law again, I would just like her to admit it.

I also think I haven't seen Andi, I have only seen Andi as part of Josh and Andi since the season ended and sometimes I feel like I haven't seen just Josh either.  

They are happy and in love and that is great.  But Ashley was still Ashley, she loved JP and they were happy, but they still were individuals.  Same with Des and Chris.  Sean and Cat were more the couple, but it seemed like they were on hold until the wedding.  

If Josh and Andi are on hold to the wedding okay, but it doesn't seem like that to me.

I guess for me, I like the couples that make each other stronger as individuals and then come together and make an even stronger whole.

I don't see that yet with Andi and Josh.  One of my examples of why this bugs me is the PGA Championship.  Andi and Kelly both could not have given a darn about that, which is fine, trust me, I wouldn't either.  But then stay home or go out and have a girls day and let the guys go and have fun.  Give your tickets to someone who would love them, instead of going, being bored and posting pics that to me weren't cute they were disrespectful.

A strong couple to me can have individual interests and spend time without each other and then still come together and be wonderful and happy together.  To me there seems to be an insecurity to Josh and Andi that the going out separately doesn't really seem possible.  I am not saying it should happen all the time, but events like the PGA thing, Andi do something else and then enjoy the heck out of him afterwards.  

I also really hated the nastiness with Kelly's tweets all season and I think they were Andi's words since most were written with Andi sitting right beside her.

I am sorry this is so long, but it kind of came to me today.  I wanted to explain why I have been harsh on Andi and what I would hope to see from her.  Is she bad if she doesn't?  Nope, but I just won't be a fan.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 pm

It's ok not to be a fan of hers. Not everyone is a fan of everyone. Some are fans of no one.
It's ok if you don't like her.
It's ok if you do like her.
We are all individuals with different likes and dislikes. This is as it should be. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Stuckinsc, 85% of the time when I read your posts, it feels like you are channeling me.  You take the time and effort to articulately post what I'm thinking but am too lazy to type.  Anyone that regularly reads this thread should already know what you think and why you think it, and you are entitled to your opinions just like everyone else.  

I would like to touch upon something that you brought up: Andi's degree and career as an attorney.  I hear what you are saying and I believe I understand where you are coming from.  But...yep, you saw the but coming...Andi does not need to stand up an make a pronouncement about her employment status and/or her future plans.  Nobody should be expected to do that. Nobody. This is my opinion, of course.

Womens Lib was all about giving women equal access to education and jobs. It was about having choices.  Not which choices a woman makes, but the fact that she shouldn't be discounted just because she is a female.

I feel very strongly about individual women deciding for themselves what is best for them. Show me 10 women and I will show you 10 different circumstances.  What's right for one may not be right for another.  And no decision is right or wrong, just what's best for the individual.

If Andi finished law school, had her first job, and decides never to return to law, that is her choice.  Was her education a waste of time? I don't think so, because I don't think education is ever a waste of time. A waste of money? Maybe. But how can knowledge ever be a waste? Just my opinion.  If you realize later that you wished uou pursued a different path, maybe law school delayed your goal, but even if she never worked another day in her life...at any job...those 6 years of school taught her things, gave her experiences, and helped her grow.

My personal take on Andi is that she is enjoying all the fruits of being the bachelorette right now.  Invitations, events, etc.  what she'll be doing a year from now is anybody's guess.  What she'll be doing in 5 years is anybody's guess, etc. etc. She has many life changing events that may occur...a new home, a relocation, a televised? Wedding, a new job, a new baby....  Just like every other woman that has gone before her, Andi will have choices to make and she will make them based on her own priorities and what is best for her in her own unique situation. I do not think she owes anybody an explanation for what she plans on doing for a job, now or ever.  The only person that should be in on the discussion should be Josh, as they navigate through life together.  People change and circumstances change. If Andi wants to be a lion tamer, and she has the opportunity and it works for her and Josh, then I'd support her.

I believe I understand why you are bringing this up. But remember, TPTB marketed her as the tough Asst. DA.  That was her persona for the show.  It IS a part of who she was and what she had achieved in her life at that point. She should be proud of it and not hide it.  But being a person is so much more than what you studied or did not study in school, what you get paid or not paid to do.

I have many years of schooling and an advanced degree myself. I work at a highly respected place in my field.  And I stand here today and honestly state that while those things are a part of who I am and what I am proud of, it is actually other aspects of my life that bring me the most joy, allow me to shine, channel my passions, and mean the most to me.  

I'm not arguing with you. I'm simply stating a differing opinion on what I think Andi owes her fans and herself. Peace.

Last edited by MiaHawk on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by aviej Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 pm

MiaHawk wrote:Stuckinsc, 85% of the time when I read your posts, it feels like you are channeling me.  You take the time and effort to articulately post what I'm thinking but am too lazy to type.  Anyone that regularly reads this thread should already know what you think and why you think it, and you are entitled to your opinions just like everyone else.  

I would like to touch upon something that you brought up: Andi's degree and career as an attorney.  I hear what you are saying and I believe I understand where you are coming from.  But...yep, you saw the but coming...Andi does not need to stand up an make a pronouncement about her employment status and/or her future plans.  Nobody should be expected to do that. Nobody. This is my opinion, of course.

Womens Lib was all about giving women equal access to education and jobs. It was about having choices.  Not which choices a woman makes, but the fact that she shouldn't be discounted just because she is a female.

I feel very strongly about individual women deciding for themselves what is best for them. Show me 10 women and I will show you 10 different circumstances.  What's right for one may not be right for another.  And no decision is right or wrong, just what's best for the individual.

If Andi finished law school, had her first job, and decides never to return to law, that is her choice.  Was her education a waste of time? I don't think so, because I don't think education is ever a waste of time. A waste of money? Maybe. But how can knowledge ever be a waste? Just my opinion.  If you realize later that you wished uou pursued a different path, maybe law school delayed your goal, but even if she never worked another day in her life...at any job...those 6 years of school taught her things, gave her experiences, and helped her grow.

My personal take on Andi is that she is enjoying all the fruits of being the bachelorette right now.  Invitations, events, etc.  what she'll be doing a year from now is anybody's guess.  What she'll be doing in 5 years is anybody's guess, etc. etc. She has many life changing events that may occur...a new home, a relocation, a televised? Wedding, a new job, a new baby....  Just like every other woman that has gone before her, Andi will have choices to make and she will make them based on her own priorities and what is best for her in her own unique situation. I do not think she owes anybody an explanation for what she plans on doing for a job, now or ever.  The only person that should be in on the discussion should be Josh, as they navigate through life together.  People change and circumstances change. If Andi wants to be a lion tamer, and she has the opportunity and it works for her and Josh, then I'd support her.

I believe I understand why you are bringing this up. But remember, TPTB marketed her as the tough Asst. DA.  That was her persona for the show.  It IS a part of who she was and what she had achieved in her life at that point. She should be proud of it and not hide it.  But being a person is so much more than what you studied or did not study in school, what you get paid or not paid to do.

I have many years of schooling and an advanced degree myself. I work at a highly respected place in my field.  And I stand here today and honestly state that while those things are a part of who I am and what I am proud of, it is actually other aspects of my life that bring me the most joy, allow me to shine, channel my passions, and mean the most to me.  

I'm not arguing with you. I'm simply stating a differing opinion on what I think Andi owes her fans and herself. Peace.
I agree Good Post
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:01 pm

MiaHawk wrote:Stuckinsc, 85% of the time when I read your posts, it feels like you are channeling me.  You take the time and effort to articulately post what I'm thinking but am too lazy to type.  Anyone that regularly reads this thread should already know what you think and why you think it, and you are entitled to your opinions just like everyone else.  

In all honesty, this is one of the best posts I've read here. So well written and so true. I couldn't have said it better myself. I sure hope that when I'm done with grad school at 25, I don't have anyone telling me that in two years I need to have everything figured out. Andi is 27. That's young. She has the right to do what she wants. Your profession and your education aren't your end all or be all. As I've reiterated numerous times, who knows what Andi plans on doing down the road?

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:15 pm

This happened with my younger daughter. She graduated with a major in finance and marketing at a top east coast university and got a great job and salary in finance with a high profile company in NYC.
Fast forward 2 yrs down the road. She hates it.
The company and her boss love her, though. They allow her to take one personal/vacation day each week for a semester to commute (home) and take grad courses for her masters in Sp. Ed.
During this time Wallstreet is going through all their buyouts and layoffs. Her boss wants to keep her, but if she is laid off she gets severance pay, bennies for a year and other goodies. So she is let go at the last lay off before take over.
She nannies/babysits to help carry her through her education/rent and after 2 yrs total--she is a teacher.
She loves teaching at half the salary she had. Good for her.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:24 pm

^^
Kasha, my youngest daughter is only 24 and she's already changed major 2X. My nephew's worked as a dentist for 7 years, just paid off his student loans, now he wants to be a chef. Why? because he wants to be happy....

Money is NOT everything.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 79 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

+63
Longhornfan
livlafluv1
MiniDiva
sara11
tigertiz