SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 77 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by sbolduc Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:06 pm

I didn't watch JPs season so I did not have any pre conceived notions about Andi. There are a lot of things I like about her but a lot I don't like.

My biggest issue with her season was how the script seemed to be set from the moment Josh was cast on the show. From the very little I knew about her I expected her to pick Josh, I really felt like her season was set up more pre show than any other season.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 77 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:07 pm

edenpol wrote:I'm sorry but Andi wasn't the first one and won't be the last one to sleep with a guy she didn't choose. I believe Ashley did it also, and she is now married with a kid. And many previous Bachelor/ette contestants have gone to the "glamorous life style" after the show, designing and what's not, and there is nothing wrong with that. Catherine did that, Sean was on dancing with the stars! And again, there's nothing wrong with that. They went to a reality show that people watch, of course they will become famous, and of course they will get many opportunities, and some people get caught in that and some don't, I don't think that shows anything from a person's personality. Hey, if I'm seeing a person falling in love on my tv I will want to stay updated with him and will love to see him on other projects, that means nothing.
I didn't find Andi do be mean or selfish, not on JP's season or her season, and hey, I might be wrong, but what I saw in her is a strong woman that knows what she wants.

Andi is neither the first or last to love fame. She is not the first to sleep with her F2. And all have received their criticism for their actions. It is part of the game when you sign up not just once, but twice to be on reality tv. You open yourself up to it and you live and grow through it.

Many of us didn't like Andi at all. She is whatever she is. But one thing I can say for sure, she quit her job and is attempting a new career in the last six months. She also just ended an engagement. I don't think Andi knows what she wants, but I am glad for her that she is taking the time to figure it out. She is 27 and has not had a stable life for at least the past year and a half. Good for her for taking the time to figure it out.

As for MeAndI, in discussion threads all is fair game. Sophie is making sure the fan threads are much more positive.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:08 pm

sara11 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:For the record, MeAndi doesn't have the privilege of having her unique nick name all to herself.

This was started, Season 4, and I'm so sorry I forget who the original poster was (on the other board but here as well). It started with DeAnna who was very similiar to Andi in behavior and selfishness. She was nicknamed MeAnna.

When I think of the similarities it's telling of the casting job. DeAnna is happily married with a beautiful little girl. They all get over it sooner or later.

I never watched DeAnnas season but on Jason Mesnicks podcast (I think he was on her season) he also said that Andi is exactly like Deanna

DeAnna made Jason get down on one knee and propose to her, before she gave him the boot. Another example of a lead doing whatever TPTB wanted her to do.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:08 pm

bleuberry wrote:
Costiesgirl wrote:Mm may have been RS source too. Funny thing is I know that the Murrays or atleast the extended Murray clan reads this forum or has read it at one point. How do I this, I've never followed some of the family or others on Twitter yet I voiced my opinion of one of them on here pretty vocally. I checked yesterday, I was blocked by that member on Twitter, I've never checked her page out before or even commented on her outside of this forum yet I'm blocked. Also every time we posted that we needed a picture or something we got one within minutes usually, or MM would post on her fb. I think that's the source there, thank god for her too or we would have had a harder time spoiling this season

Interesting. If it was MM, then this is weirder than I thought.

This is a topic that has been discussed on this forum for months and as recently as days ago, by myself.

Just a reminder for all (and not in response to the post above).
a) this is a general discussion thread, cast can be discussed in both negative and positive manners.
b) however, members are not to be discussed in disrespectful or negative fashions. This means not telling other members how to post or what is respectful to cast.

The fact that this has to be mentioned yet, again tells me that there is cause for members to refresh themselves as to the site rules. These rules have not changed for the most part and should be apart every members reading upon membership.
Thank you very much! Smiley

The link can be found here.

link

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:16 pm

edenpol wrote:I'm sorry but Andi wasn't the first one and won't be the last one to sleep with a guy she didn't choose. I believe Ashley did it also, and she is now married with a kid. And many previous Bachelor/ette contestants have gone to the "glamorous life style" after the show, designing and what's not, and there is nothing wrong with that. Catherine did that, Sean was on dancing with the stars! And again, there's nothing wrong with that. They went to a reality show that people watch, of course they will become famous, and of course they will get many opportunities, and some people get caught in that and some don't, I don't think that shows anything from a person's personality. Hey, if I'm seeing a person falling in love on my tv I will want to stay updated with him and will love to see him on other projects, that means nothing.
I didn't find Andi do be mean or selfish, not on JP's season or her season, and hey, I might be wrong, but what I saw in her is a strong woman that knows what she wants.

To each one its cup of tea...
Mine is not the koolaid.
My perception of Andi and this couple is certainly different from other's.
Just wanted to discuss the fact that the same way some people thought that Andi, Josh, and their couple were perfect, some others, like me, thought the opposite from the get go and were not surprised by their break up.
Hey, that's what forums are for !

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:18 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Many of us didn't like Andi at all.  She is whatever she is.  But one thing I can say for sure, she quit her job and is attempting a new career in the last six months. She also just ended an engagement.  I don't think Andi knows what she wants, but I am glad for her that she is taking the time to figure it out.  She is 27 and has not had a stable life for at least the past year and a half.  Good for her for taking the time to figure it out.  

Exactly. How can you say she knows what she wants, when in that Atlantic City interview in early November she was going on about missing law and wanting to go back so bad, but saying she can't do it until she's able to commit to it 100%. Now in that Travel Mag interview, from the same month I believe, she says it's her dream to be a fashion designer. She's just all over the place IMO, which is fine, but she keeps contradicting herself and that to me isn't a strong person who knows what she wants.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:24 pm

sara11 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:For the record, MeAndi doesn't have the privilege of having her unique nick name all to herself.

This was started, Season 4, and I'm so sorry I forget who the original poster was (on the other board but here as well). It started with DeAnna who was very similiar to Andi in behavior and selfishness. She was nicknamed MeAnna.

When I think of the similarities it's telling of the casting job. DeAnna is happily married with a beautiful little girl. They all get over it sooner or later.

I never watched DeAnnas season but on Jason Mesnicks podcast (I think he was on her season) he also said that Andi is exactly like Deanna

That's interesting Sara do u know which podcast he said it in.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Going a little OT here.

In my teens and 20s I had some great female mentors who helped teach me that being a b*tch didn't equate being strong. That assertive and aggressive really can be two very different concepts.

In my 30s as I experienced failure of my own, a failed marriage, leaving a PhD program with a MS instead of the PhD, and the excruciating loss of a sister who I never appreciated appropriately when she was alive; I learned that for me true strength came in learning to let myself be weak when I needed to.

A very wise priest told me that always doing something because I could didn't make me strong, sometimes learning to not have to show how strong I was actually made me stronger.

I think Andi is still learning these lessons. God knows, I am still learning them every single day. I learn from my mentors in my PhD program, one of whom is 15 years younger than me and has taught me so very much, and even from the posters on this forum and the other I am involved in.

So I hope for Andi that she takes all of this and finds what is the best version of herself. The one that makes her happy and confident and brings her joy. As others have discussed DeAnna, or Andi version 1.0 even down to be from ATL and wanting to get the heck out, did. She found her soulmate and has a beautiful daughter and glows from within.

Maybe in four years we will be posting the same happy things about Andi. I know I hope so.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Oh and she used the premiere as an opportunity to show off her fashion design, yet came up with some pitiful excuse about not finding a dress she liked, so she decided to whip up one herself for $15. Knowing now that her dream is to make affordable fashion, it's just totally transparent. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the only reason Josh agreed to attend the premiere. A strong person would have no trouble showing off a dress she made without any excuses. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:35 pm

That is an excellent point, Mindless. (or not so Mindless more often than not!)
The way she interprets the mixed reviews on her tee shirt and gown should be interesting.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm

I agree they're both floundering on what to do with their lives but many people flounder and it doesn't kill their relationships. Anyway, I'm just hoping she's alive and kicking somewhere since she's still MIA.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:47 pm

sbolduc wrote:
sara11 wrote:

That's interesting Sara do u know which podcast he said it in.

I don't know exactly which podcast its in (if i had to take a wild guess i'd say the one about her bach'ette premiere night) - you can find them at gossipandreality.com

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

+63
Longhornfan
livlafluv1
MiniDiva
sara11
tigertiz