SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 78 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm

Even though I do not like the name MEandi, I do agree that this forum is about expression opinions and opinions here certainly are not all alike. This is why this is interesting to read. I do think it is important for fans of Andi and Josh to not just stay on the fan forums but to also express their fan opinions here too. It makes the forum more diverse. Just my 2 cents which is probably not worth that! :stirthepot Carry on and stay warm Smiley

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2 - Page 78 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Actually, I made a posting error which I do occasionally when typing fast and aging daily.
I usually post her name as MEandI.
Somehow I don't think it's going to be more embraced, but it's very ok with me. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:30 pm

I think it's a fools errand to parse their statements to reporters and bloggers from day one after filming wraps and right up to today.

They aren't under oath and we aren't eavesdropping on a private or trusted conversation. They say the talking points du jour or whatever occurs to them in the moment.

Under the "watch the feet" mantra I subscribe to, this couple gave it a sincere shot (cohabited) and weren't compatible for the long haul. It's as simple as that. The rest is unknowable even though I predict Andi will do a People interview on Why. She hungers for limelight that is clear about her.

Remember her corny set up piece for the show where she allowed the cameras to film her in a courtroom saying loudly "I object!" Just ridiculous. Smart chicks doing stupid stuff to become Almost Famous really irks me.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mag pie Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:54 pm

I hate that they could not find a way to work thru their issues. Still hoping they will....But I also think Andi got so caught up in the celebrity part & didn't work as hard to make the relationship work. I know it takes two & Josh played a role as well, but I just think stardom consumed Andi. Still hope they can work thru whatever & if not hoping for the best for both.

mag pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Thinking of Eric with Andi she was totally imopressed by his lifestyle. I had the impression Andi wanted to just travel. So she quit her job so the only income she had was what she had made from Bachelorette and whatever appearances they made. Josh held the pursestrings as he himself said in an interview since he was the financial advisor. Bet they fought over money with her desire to travel and for the finer things in life and his to be frugal and plan for a future.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:27 pm

Luvstruck wrote:Thinking of Eric with Andi she was totally imopressed by his lifestyle.  I had the impression Andi wanted to just travel. So she quit her job so the only income she had was what she had made from Bachelorette and whatever appearances they made.  Josh held the pursestrings as he himself said in an interview since he was the financial advisor.  Bet they fought over money with her desire to travel and for the finer things in life and his to be frugal and plan for a future.

My first thought when I had heard that Andi sewed her own dress for the premiere for only $15 was: "Josh finally stopped giving her spending money." But, now I realize that she was/is attempting to break into the fashion industry on her own. She said so much (is her dream) in that travel mag article.

I see it happening like this... Andi is a pretty girl. She likes to buy pretty things and get glammed up. She loved being the B'ette, in part, because she loved the clothes, accessories, make-up, etc that comes with the gig. She likes and is impressed by designer labels, and she likes to shop and purchase the latest and greatest clothes. Not everybody is like that, but some people are very much interested in those things. I see her as somebody who chases shiny objects (apartments she cannot afford on her own, clothes and shoes, fancy engagement rings, etc).

She contrasts the glitz and glam of the fashion world with the nitty gritty realities of her ADA job, and it's like Dorothy stepping out of the black and white scene into technicolor. She was hooked. She now thinks she wants to pursue some sort of work in that field. Fine. But she has no education in fashion, no previous experience working in the field. I mean, I like to listen to symphony orchestras, but I can't play the trumpet or the violin. How exactly does she think she is going to just break into this field? Does she have any clue how difficult it is to even get an internship with one of the major houses in NYC? And her without any degree or portfolio to show?

And, yes, it's all good and well to say things like she did in her article. We should be able to buy a shirt for $30 without it falling apart after 3 washes. It's very much true. But, this is the state of the fashion industry today. Everything is made cheaply overseas. How does Andi think she is going to single handed solve the industry quandary of making high quality clothes here in USA and still be able to keep the cost down? If that is her goal, then I say she should keep designing and sewing her own clothes, as this is a long proven way to keep your expenses down. But to think she can somehow do this on a large scale, to me, is laughable. I just don't think she is being realistic about this at all. Perhaps, she is looking for someone in the tv world to throw her a bone and give her some sort of fashion critics job or fashion dresser job (something that doesn't necessarily require talent or business savvy). I think she is confused and chasing after some sort of glamorous fantasy instead of thinking practically. IMHO.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:35 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
Luvstruck wrote:Thinking of Eric with Andi she was totally imopressed by his lifestyle.  I had the impression Andi wanted to just travel. So she quit her job so the only income she had was what she had made from Bachelorette and whatever appearances they made.  Josh held the pursestrings as he himself said in an interview since he was the financial advisor.  Bet they fought over money with her desire to travel and for the finer things in life and his to be frugal and plan for a future.

My first thought when I had heard that Andi sewed her own dress for the premiere for only $15 was: "Josh finally stopped giving her spending money."  But, now I realize that she was/is attempting to break into the fashion industry on her own.  She said so much (is her dream) in that travel mag article.

I see it happening like this... Andi is a pretty girl.  She likes to buy pretty things and get glammed up.  She loved being the B'ette, in part, because she loved the clothes, accessories, make-up, etc that comes with the gig.  She likes and is impressed by designer labels, and she likes to shop and purchase the latest and greatest clothes. Not everybody is like that, but some people are very much interested in those things.  I see her as somebody who chases shiny objects (apartments she cannot afford on her own, clothes and shoes, fancy engagement rings, etc).  

She contrasts the glitz and glam of the fashion world with the nitty gritty realities of her ADA job, and it's like Dorothy stepping out of the black and white scene into technicolor. She was hooked.  She now thinks she wants to pursue some sort of work in that field.  Fine. But she has no education in fashion, no previous experience working in the field. I mean, I like to listen to symphony orchestras, but I can't play the trumpet or the violin.  How exactly does she think she is going to just break into this field? Does she have any clue how difficult it is to even get an internship with one of the major houses in NYC? And her without any degree or portfolio to show?

And, yes, it's all good and well to say things like she did in her article. We should be able to buy a shirt for $30 without it falling apart after 3 washes. It's very much true. But, this is the state of the fashion industry today. Everything is made cheaply overseas.  How does Andi think she is going to single handed solve the industry quandary of making high quality clothes here in USA and still be able to keep the cost down? If that is her goal, then I say she should keep designing and sewing her own clothes, as this is a long proven way to keep your expenses down. But to think she can somehow do this on a large scale, to me, is laughable. I just don't think she is being realistic about this at all. Perhaps, she is looking for someone in the tv world to throw her a bone and give her some sort of fashion critics job or fashion dresser job (something that doesn't necessarily require talent or business savvy). I think she is confused and chasing after some sort of glamorous fantasy instead of thinking practically. IMHO.

She's going to be a fashion designer like Emily is a jewelry designer- marry a rich man, have his children and blog about clothes she likes while the kiddos are at ballet or soccer.

I disagree with everyone who posted that she's lost sight of a relationship in favor of fame and wants to move to LA. I think she just likes the Olivia Palermo lifestyle.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:27 pm

Well Olivia Palermo really got her fame from reality tv too, she was on the Hills spin off the City, so Andi probably does want to be like Olivia in the respect that she goes
From reality to famous, city front row at designer showcases

Josh just posted a pic of Sabel on his IG it says Sabels been in Tampa for 3 weeks, that's probably a huge reason why Josh got sick of the travelling lifestyle, he misses his girl Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
SueSt wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
The simplest answer to me is it was not up to them. It was up to the Machine(the show, the people behind the show).
To me, JODI wanted the breakup for awhile and it was amicable. They wanted it as soon as feasibly possible and according to the Machine for whatever reasoning they had(Chris' premiere anyone?) they waited to do it until green lighted.
We can speculate all we want, but the bottom line is what is. Neither party is coming out and taking anything, but the high road. This demonstrates(to me) it was well thought out and amicable. Something done spontaneously or hair triggered tends to lead to volatility and high emotions. We are not seeing that from the party involved or their close network.
Again, fans are welcome to say how popular they are, and to their fans they might have been. However, the papps weren't following their every move. I think of JEM who could not move without a flash going off. So melting back into the background should be fairly easy for this couple.

Good point, Kasha.... you make me reconsider my initial thoughts/comments....
Still, we haven't heard much from Andi... so more possibly to come.
Also, I didn't get any sense of regret or sadness from Josh at the premiere... just a sense of 'get me out of here quickly please'... which led me to think their breakup wasn't amicable, rather heated... although I agree that so far they seem to be taking the high road in the press.

What we could have been seeing was anger, but not anger at each other, anger at CH, anger at the Machine for having to continue a charade. Of course, they would get the backlash for faking it. Very few actually would believe there is a man behind the curtain orchestrating it all.
Should this couple have been acting and hanging on to the "romance of them" because they had to until given the ok to break up, each day, each photo shoot, each trip for PR--"every breath you take" (thank you, Sting!) was torture. Putting on a face every second you are out in the public is beyond draining.  This alone may have bonded JODI a bit.
MEandI has always had the tell of the back patting thing. Go back and look for some of that nervous patting/pounding. It's there. I think the couple's signs of stress were having to put their "act" on one more time and they were showing signs of stress, anger, frustration. I sure would have.

Thanks for removing the haze from my eyes too. yes
I guess I'm not as experienced in understanding the 'great and powerful' MF's machinations behind the curtain, either...
If they were forced to continued the lovey-dovey charade, their strained OTT interactions make more sense. :yes:
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:35 pm

mindless wrote:I may not like her, but I do feel sorry for her [snipped]

ITA with you mindless.
Even though she brought it on herself; even though she was unbelievably cold to Nick... I still feel sorry for her...
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:50 pm

edenpol wrote:I'm sorry but Andi wasn't the first one and won't be the last one to sleep with a guy she didn't choose. I believe Ashley did it also, and she is now married with a kid. And many previous Bachelor/ette contestants have gone to the "glamorous life style" after the show, designing and what's not, and there is nothing wrong with that. Catherine did that, Sean was on dancing with the stars! And again, there's nothing wrong with that. They went to a reality show that people watch, of course they will become famous, and of course they will get many opportunities, and some people get caught in that and some don't, I don't think that shows anything from a person's personality. Hey, if I'm seeing a person falling in love on my tv I will want to stay updated with him and will love to see him on other projects, that means nothing.
I didn't find Andi do be mean or selfish, not on JP's season or her season, and hey, I might be wrong, but what I saw in her is a strong woman that knows what she wants.

Andi may appear to be a strong woman, but to my eyes it's only skin deep.
Unlike genuinely strong individuals, to me she has demonstrated a serious lack of self-awareness and depth. Her ‘strength’ read as caustic to me...
Also, if she was really so strong I don't think she would currently be 'in hiding.'
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:52 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
sara11 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:For the record, MeAndi doesn't have the privilege of having her unique nick name all to herself.

This was started, Season 4, and I'm so sorry I forget who the original poster was (on the other board but here as well). It started with DeAnna who was very similiar to Andi in behavior and selfishness. She was nicknamed MeAnna.

When I think of the similarities it's telling of the casting job. DeAnna is happily married with a beautiful little girl. They all get over it sooner or later.

I never watched DeAnnas season but on Jason Mesnicks podcast (I think he was on her season) he also said that Andi is exactly like Deanna

DeAnna made Jason get down on one knee and propose to her, before she gave him the boot. Another example of a lead doing whatever TPTB wanted her to do.

no no Didn't Meredith's Matthew also get down on a knee??
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion #2

+63
Longhornfan
livlafluv1
MiniDiva
sara11
tigertiz