SELECT CONTENT

Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 61 of 62 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 61 Empty Re: Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:58 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:
2observe wrote:I didn't learn anything about JP's or Ames' daily lives during their HTDs. We saw what Constantines' life is like and we also saw what Ben's life is like; but, we did not get to see what life is like with JP and Ames. This is another thing to supports my conclusion that JP is not F1.

Ed was missing basically half the season and his family met her in Hawaii, dad even questioned why they were there.. we all know how that ended.
We knew that Roberto liked to play baseball and his mom cooked spanish "stuff"
Emily has a daughter and can't cook mac and cheese.. and again we all know how that ended

I don't think it matters one way or the other. Ames and JP weren't even in the city that THEY live in, they were where their parents live. It would be kind of hard to show their daily life when they aren't even in the right city.

I don't really think it matters one way or the other if we learn about it.
I have to discount Ed because he left the show. No only did we already know that Roberto loved playing baseball, but we the viewers saw that during his HTD, just like with Ben and Constantine. I maybe wrong, but I thought that JP's HTD was in NYC, am I incorrect on this????

It was in Roslyn, NY.
Thanks! IMO, if JP was F1, I think that TPTB could have flown his parents down to NYC, so that Ashley could see what his everyday life is like. But it's JMO. lol

Ali met Roberto's family down in FL even though Roberto lived in Charleston, SC.
But where they were in Florida is where Roberto went to school, did his baseball stint and that is what he showed to Ali.......so he definately showed a big part of himself to Ali, and that is what the F1 usually does, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 61 Empty Re: Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Kelad9 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Coastal wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:
2observe wrote:I didn't learn anything about JP's or Ames' daily lives during their HTDs. We saw what Constantines' life is like and we also saw what Ben's life is like; but, we did not get to see what life is like with JP and Ames. This is another thing to supports my conclusion that JP is not F1.

Ed was missing basically half the season and his family met her in Hawaii, dad even questioned why they were there.. we all know how that ended.
Emily has a daughter and can't cook mac and cheese.. and again we all know how that ended

I don't think it matters one way or the other. Ames and JP weren't even in the city that THEY live in, they were where their parents live. It would be kind of hard to show their daily life when they aren't even in the right city.

I have to discount Ed because he left the show. No only did we already know that Roberto loved playing baseball, but we the viewers saw that during his HTD, just like with Ben and Constantine. I maybe wrong, but I thought that JP's HTD was in NYC, am I incorrect on this????

It was in Roslyn, NY.
Thanks! IMO, if JP was F1, I think that TPTB could have flown his parents down to NYC, so that Ashley could see what his everyday life is like. But it's JMO. lol

Ali met Roberto's family down in FL even though Roberto lived in Charleston, SC.
But where they were in Florida is where Roberto went to school, did his baseball stint and that is what he showed to Ali.......so he definately showed a big part of himself to Ali, and that is what the F1 usually does, IMO.

If F1 shows a big part of himself, would you say that Ben F showed more? I thought we learned more about Constantine HTD than we ever did and in the PI's ashley did say that Constantine said to wait till she got him on a HTD then she will find out who he really is. I found that to be a bit strange if Constantine really was F3.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Kelad9 wrote:
Coastal wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:

It was in Roslyn, NY.

If F1 shows a big part of himself, would you say that Ben F showed more? I thought we learned more about Constantine HTD than we ever did and in the PI's ashley did say that Constantine said to wait till she got him on a HTD then she will find out who he really is. I found that to be a bit strange if Constantine really was F3.

What I am saying is that we know the final 2 and of the final 2, we saw more of Ben and who he is than we saw of JP. IMO, that is a F1 edit from past seasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:34 pm

We don't have to know who the F1 really is, we don't even have to like them. Roberto played baseball and liked his mom's food, Emily had a daughter and her fiancee died, Ed loved his "work"... It's not about the individual if they end up with the lead, but the couple and their journey together. The F2/3 is the one we should fall in love with and understand so when they come back and have their own season we are cheering them on. JMO of course 👋
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Chris L was featured WAY more than Roberto.
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Coastal wrote:
bilolo wrote:if i'm not mistaken she never say "Ben is the total package FOR ME" just "Ben is the total package" or i don't know in what episode she said so Coastal ?
but i recall she said " JP is the total package FOR ME"
I believe it was epi 5 that she started all the total package talk...........but what epi do you think you heard her say JP is the total package for her??

Also, food for thought, if she said that, this early in the game, don't you think that would be a red flag for him to actually be the F1? Too much of a giveaway that early in the game for it to actually come to fruition??

Coastal she said this in episode 6 "Talking to JP tonight, I realize that I was starting to fall for him. He is probably one of the most gorgeous guys I’ve seen in my life. He’s such a loyal guy, he’s determined, he’s committed, he’s going to be a great family man, he is the total package for me, but I need to tell JP everything that was on my mind and everything that happened with Bentley and that’s the only way that we can move forward from here"

but i don't see where she said it in episode 5 towards Ben i think it might be somewhere else :D
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 pm

etherealfire wrote:
2observe wrote:
etherealfire wrote:
2observe wrote:
etherealfire wrote:
2observe wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:
2observe wrote:
Bhaka wrote:Since I am a JP fan, I must be the first to admit that I see his edit through rose-colored glasses. Having said that, the scene that most convinces me that he is F1 is the scene between Ashley and JP's mother, Eileen.

Ashley has already told us that she doesn't think she hides her feelings well. When Eileen asks if she's put Ashley "on the spot", Ashley responds, "You can put me on the spot as much as you want." Ashley's "role" didn't require her to be that open.

Then when Eileen tells Ashley she doesn't want to see her son hurt again, Ashley responds, "I am smitten by your son. We have something that is very special to me."It's one thing for Ashley to hide her feelings from F4, F3, F2. As hard as that might be, they are adults who knew what they signed up for. But Ashley didn't have to respond so lovingly to Eileen. She could have said something like, "You're right, it's hard. But I just have to stay open and trust the process."

If I were Ashely, which obviously I am not, I couldn't have given such open answers to anyone but the mother of my F1.
I have a funny feeling that people are going to really dislike Ashley, at the end of this.

Just curiosity getting the best of me here 2observe.. may I ask why? I love hearing everyone's opinions on the final outcome.
When everyone finds out that Ashley chose Ben, they are going to be very upset about what indications that Ashley would not break JP's heart. jmo

Now I'm curious. 2observe, if you are wrong and she picks JP are you going to be very upset?
I'd be upset with the edits. I don't get emotionally attached to the participants. Ben appears to be a nice guy and so does JP, but I follow the edits as I see them. I don't see JP as F1. I see JP falling for Ashley, but she is only pursuing Ben. There alot more to Ben and Ashley than we see, and we probably won't see the true relationship. I also noticed that Ben is not comfortable displaying affections in public (Virgo male) so don't expect to see the hot and heavy between them. He'll save that for their private time. laugh out loud

Well, I'll admit I'm having some trouble seeing any real consistency in these edits, but I know that you have have seen what you feel are real and viable patterns. IF it turns out that JP is F1, what do you think will be happening regarding edits? Do you think it will mean they are evolving, or not as predictable as they may have once been? I am really curious about this, because I know that I have read that the edits have been stated to be important in the past in revealing repeated patterns, though I'll admit I just don't understand them very well.
Generally when the edits are really off and all over the place (laugh out loud), it means that there was no real lovestory, and they are making up both main lovestories. It very possible that it's what is happening with Ashley. Maybe Ashley really did fall head over heels for Bentley, and did not really recover. It's possible. But, most of the edits that I see lean more to Ben as F1 than JP, whether there is a real lovestory or not. It's all about who she chooses in the end. jmo

RE - the bolded: are you saying that if Ben is chosen you see a real love story, because of the edit but if JP is chosen, you don't, because of the edit? That's interesting indeed, but I just don't buy that at all. One thing I think you can take to the bank. She did not fall for Bentley. Bentley was absolutely nothing more than a TPTB invention and, at the most, used to confuse and exacerbate and eventually exorcise her worst fears/insecurities early in the season.

In any case, thanks for responding, because I wanted to understand where you are coming from. One thing is for sure to me: if Ben is F1 I am going to want to understand the patterns alot better for future reference. If JP is F1, I think that is going to be a symbol to really begin to rethink the idea of the way editing is used and to see if they are viable or not, and if so, in what ways are the patterns changing. JMO but very definitely worth thinking about.
That was not what I said and I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion. But, I'm not too sure how I can make it any clear than what I've already posted. no idea
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Kelad9 wrote:
Coastal wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
2observe wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:

It was in Roslyn, NY.

IMO, Constantine was originally F2 but leaves at F3. And JP was the original F3 who becomes F2 when Constantine leaves. JMO
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 pm

oh gosh JP final 3 is invraisemblable (don't know if it's english though)
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:50 pm

did anybody ever do a minute count for the HTD's to see who got the longest edit?

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 pm

2observe wrote:Generally when the edits are really off and all over the place (laugh out loud), it means that there was no real lovestory, and they are making up both main lovestories. It very possible that it's what is happening with
Ashley. Maybe Ashley really did fall head over heels for Bentley, and
did not really recover. It's possible. But, most of the edits that I
see lean more to Ben as F1 than JP, whether there is a real lovestory
or not. It's all about who she chooses in the end.
jmo

2observe wrote:That was not what I said and I'm not sure how you came
to that conclusion. But, I'm not too sure how I can make it any clear
than what I've already posted. Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 61 1430875924

Thanks for the clarification, I went back and re-read what you wrote and I think I get it now. (Reading is fundamental Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 61 2174738820 duh)

Because it appears that the edits are evidently all over the place, and this has pointed to no real love story in the past, you believe it is possibly the case with Ashley. But you see more edit support for Ben rather than JP.

I don't agree with this but then again I'll admit that alot of the editing patterns pointed out have seemed to me to be inconsistent and all over the map in general and I don't think the glowingly happy Ashley I've been seeing is involved in a fake love story if she chose somebody, whether Ben or JP.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:55 pm

bilolo wrote:oh gosh JP final 3 is invraisemblable (don't know if it's english though)

If that word means "no friggin' way" ..... then I agree :giggle:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 62 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 8 - 7/18 Hometown dates - Discussion - Spoilers

+87
Starshine_16
Trueloveforever
CHO
Samantharose
2observe