SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff #2

Page 44 of 83 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 63 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff #2 - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff #2

Post by Diana Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:48 am

KB_Mom wrote:I was shocked and disappointed tonight at how ready she is to blow off her career and just move to the farm. As CS has said "I didn't see that one coming."
It's her choice but I agree with you.

To be honest it makes me believe she really did quit.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff #2 - Page 44 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff #2

Post by KB_Mom Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:52 am

^ Oy! I was really leaning toward the theory that she got a promotion that might involve some online remote work where she wouldn't have to be in Chicago and she and Chris might move to some city an hour or so from the farm.

You're right- it's her life, her choice, I just hope it works out for her.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Dot R. Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:22 am

Haven't seen the new episode yet but wanted to add two things in Whitney's favor:

1) Chris said Whitney's dog was responding to 'all the love in the room' not just Whitney saying she loved him - I think that is telling.

2) Chris' sisters said the chosen one is a "great person" - not that Becca isn't a great person but this seems the kind of statement one would make about Whitney, a strong person who has overcome so many obstacles etc.

Dot R.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:44 am

Dot R. wrote:Haven't seen the new episode yet but wanted to add two things in Whitney's favor:

1) Chris said Whitney's dog was responding to 'all the love in the room' not just Whitney saying she loved him - I think that is telling.

2) Chris' sisters said the chosen one is a "great person" - not that Becca isn't a great person but this seems the kind of statement one would make about Whitney, a strong person who has overcome so many obstacles etc.

Good catch.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:51 am

Diana wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:I was shocked and disappointed tonight at how ready she is to blow off her career and just move to the farm. As CS has said "I didn't see that one coming."

Being a wife and mother may not be everyone's life goal but it certainly seems to be hers. I think based on her family history...the family abandoned by her father when she was only six months old, hard working mother trying to support two daughters and then losing her mother...it may make more sense than for others. She is craving family...his and her own. She wants to make what she never had. And she did explain very nicely to Chris that this was something that she will always have to fall back on if she needs it. Very realistic. I doubt she will chuck her career right then and there, but more like down the road when they decide to have kids. JMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:07 am

KB_Mom wrote:^ Oy!  I was really leaning toward the theory that she got a promotion that might involve some online remote work where she wouldn't have to be in Chicago and she and Chris might move to some city an hour or so from the farm.

You're right- it's her life, her choice, I just hope it works out for her.

Last night was hard to watch at times as they amped up chemistry with other 2. The previews also were not kind to Whitney which makes me understand her "Confident women" quote that Chris' sister retweeted.

I wasn't terribly bothered by her comment about leaving job. She is 29.5 years old and has got bad case of baby fever only amplified by her position. As someone else posted she made it clear that she can always return to her career but she clearly wants to make being a mom a full time job and good for her. That's her choice and I respect her for it.

All that said...gosh hearing that Sean came out and picked her as F1 really makes me wonder if the spoiler is wrong. Doesn't make sense that he would come out and spoil season. Or...does he not realize that super fans will put 2+2 together and connect the dots between 2 interviews...one interview that he says he knows ending and 1 that he actually gives away the ending??

For what it's worth Desiree also said that Whitney is the only one whom she sees moving to Iowa. Shoot, maybe the shocker is that Becca finally says she'll move.

Or am I getting too batty and should I just recognize that they are calling spade a spade? Well kudos to ABC...I finally am questioning the spoiler! Either way Whitney looks super happy and that is all that matters.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:17 am

I'm with Whitney regarding wanting the job of being a mom over a professional career. Being a mom is far more rewarding to me than my work career. If I could have quit to stay at home with my kids, I would have, in a heartbeat. My husband got to do that, though, because jobs for his skills are less plentiful.

Go Whitney! Follow your heart.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 652

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:22 am

Just adding, I have friends who have loved being stay at home moms. Some who also love working and having a career and setting that example of being a woman to their children. It is awesome that any wife of Chris's will have that choice.

But, I hope we don't get into the territory of trying to make one better than the other. They just aren't. And that to me isn't fair to any woman to judge her choice with this. We don't know the reasons why the chose to do what they do.

Like Buckeye, they may not have a choice, or maybe it is better for their family if they do work, they are better people if they work outside the home.

Anyway, Whitney will make the choice that is right for her, just hope we don't get into a spiraling discussion of one being better than another.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:43 am

I believe Whitney referred to being a wife and mother as a career which is a choice she would happily make to fulfill her life desire.  With Chris she realizes she would have to consider leaving her work career in order to be a wife and mother with Chris since he lives in a small town.  

I hope she hasn't made any effort to leave her job and cut ties with Chicago and they have a long engagement if she is F1.  After seeing last night's show, Chris is the one that needs to prove his love and woo her long distance in Chicago rather for her to drop everything in move to him.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:55 am

Sprite wrote:
Diana wrote:

Being a wife and mother may not be everyone's life goal but it certainly seems to be hers. I think based on her family history...the family abandoned by her father when she was only six months old, hard working mother trying to support two daughters and then losing her mother...it may make more sense than for others. She is craving family...his and her own. She wants to make what she never had. And she did explain very nicely to Chris that this was something that she will always have to fall back on if she needs it. Very realistic. I doubt she will chuck her career right then and there, but more like down the road when they decide to have kids. JMO

ITA and nursing is a career that you can easily come back to if you take a break. I don't understand why people are so accepting of women who choose to be a wife and mother and don't have a job/career outside of the home but it's not ok to have a career and chose to leave it if it makes them happy. That being said we don't even know for sure that she does leave it. I liked the whole conversation they had regarding moving and her job and I think Chris liked her answers too.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:02 am

stuckinsc wrote:Just adding, I have friends who have loved being stay at home moms.  Some who also love working and having a career and setting that example of being a woman to their children.  It is awesome that any wife of Chris's will have that choice.

But, I hope we don't get into the territory of trying to make one better than the other.  They just aren't.  And that to me isn't fair to any woman to judge her choice with this.  We don't know the reasons why the chose to do what they do.

Like Buckeye, they may not have a choice, or maybe it is better for their family if they do work, they are better people if they work outside the home.

Anyway, Whitney will make the choice that is right for her, just hope we don't get into a spiraling discussion of one being better than another.

Yes, I didn't intend to say that being a SAHM was better than having a career. For me, it would have been - or at least I think so! It is not for everyone, for sure. It is a personal choice, and I'm sure some women are better mothers if they are not at home with their kids all day. But I just wanted to state that some women desire that, and that it can be as rewarding a career as one out in the field, and sometimes more so.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 652

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 am

I think it's totally up to her to do what makes her happy, but it kind of annoys me when the show keeps telling me someone has an awesome career they're so passionate about to then have them say they're not really happy and would quit in a heartbeat to pop out babies. Reminds me of Andi and her ADA job that she loved so much. As in not at all. I'm sure most of the women have a job, but we only have to hear about certain people's.

I mean how has outgoing and social Whitney not found a man in Chicago nearer to her awesome job? Just wondering.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 83 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 63 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Whitney Bischoff #2

+71
Beeleever
Sable
ElonM
RizBiz
Knittingnoob