SELECT CONTENT

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Page 38 of 61 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 49 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:52 am

I actually thought Whitney was very insecure about Britt. Remember Big and Rich date? Whitney was pissed, of course at Britt not Chris, when Britt got the concert and SQT. I think Whit felt that Britt was her only competition. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:54 am

^ Yes, I saw this too!!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:27 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I actually thought Whitney was very insecure about Britt. Remember Big and Rich date? Whitney was pissed, of course at Britt not Chris, when Britt got the concert and SQT. I think Whit felt that Britt was her only competition. JMO.

I don't know. There is a difference between being insecure and being pissed. Yes, Whitney was aware that Britt was probably her biggest competition, but I remember her being more ticked off than thinking she was feeling insecure. There may have been some component of insecurity in there, but I recall thinking at the time that she was just frustrated with how Britt was acting and CS didn't see it. I think that was the one time that I recall Whit being angry. At least that is how I remember it.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:12 pm

Sprite wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I actually thought Whitney was very insecure about Britt. Remember Big and Rich date? Whitney was pissed, of course at Britt not Chris, when Britt got the concert and SQT. I think Whit felt that Britt was her only competition. JMO.

I don't know. There is a difference between being insecure and being pissed. Yes, Whitney was aware that Britt was probably her biggest competition, but I remember her being more ticked off than thinking she was feeling insecure. There may have been some component of insecurity in there, but I recall thinking at the time that she was just frustrated with how Britt was acting and CS didn't see it. I think that was the one time that I recall Whit being angry. At least that is how I remember it.

But she blamed Britt for Chris's actions. Britt wasn't to blame for Chris and his choices. IMO. But then again, I thought she thought she had it in the bag except for Britt. Whitney is beautiful, smart and accomplished, but to me she seemed jealous of Britt. I could be wrong. I think she wasn't close to Britt, Kaitlyn and Becca she was close to so I think she knew that they weren't as into Chris as she was. With Britt she didn't know but seemed to assume Britt wasn't genuine.

It bugged me a little that she always blamed Britt (she along with everyone else did it after the balloon date too) instead of Chris. As if Britt somehow made Chris do the things they did not like. And to me that is always dangerous, no matter who or what Britt was Chris was a big boy and placing the blame for his actions on Britt was a strong indicator to me that she refused to see the real Chris, flaws and all. Using Britt as the excuse bugged me and IMO was ignoring real problems and issues.

As always, JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:57 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Sprite wrote:

But she blamed Britt for Chris's actions. Britt wasn't to blame for Chris and his choices. IMO. But then again, I thought she thought she had it in the bag except for Britt. Whitney is beautiful, smart and accomplished, but to me she seemed jealous of Britt. I could be wrong. I think she wasn't close to Britt, Kaitlyn and Becca she was close to so I think she knew that they weren't as into Chris as she was. With Britt she didn't know but seemed to assume Britt wasn't genuine.

It bugged me a little that she always blamed Britt (she along with everyone else did it after the balloon date too) instead of Chris. As if Britt somehow made Chris do the things they did not like. And to me that is always dangerous, no matter who or what Britt was Chris was a big boy and placing the blame for his actions on Britt was a strong indicator to me that she refused to see the real Chris, flaws and all. Using Britt as the excuse bugged me and IMO was ignoring real problems and issues.

As always, JMO.

To me that is all part of the Bachelor bubble. The lead is the prize that everyone wants. Rarely are they going to blame the lead. They will blame everyone else around them. Kind of like there is a tendency to blame the other woman in an affair. For me, I still think the reactions had a lot to do with how OTT Britt behaved. Not that that was the only problem, but just an easy one to focus on because the producers would be pushing the women to fight over the prize since it wouldn't be smart for the show if they made them turn on the lead.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:12 pm

I don't disagree, it was part of the bubble. But that is the unhealthy part of the bubble I don't like. I like Whitney and think she was an easy mark for this show. I hate that for her.

I have grown to appreciate Britt. She may be exhausting 1:1, probably more so in an environment where you are stuck around each other all the time, but I do think that she was being genuine on the show. Her life post show has shown her to be a positive woman with a strong faith. I have seen nothing bitter or mean from her. She certainly isn't perfect, but I don't think she was acting on the bachelor and I think she got a bit of a raw deal.

I realize the bubble is the show way, but I am personally growing tired of the engagement to date. I personally find that I liked JPG and his honesty and prefer it to the fake engagement that Chris Soules gave us. I like the Southern Pacific versions of this show where the engagement is not suggested or expected. I would prefer an actual relationship to trying to pick who is in the bubble most or will play along best.

Maybe a sign that I am growing tired of the repedative nature of this show. I find myself preferring the villains and the people TPTB don't want me to like and I am growing tired of some of their darlings.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:42 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I don't disagree, it was part of the bubble. But that is the unhealthy part of the bubble I don't like. I like Whitney and think she was an easy mark for this show. I hate that for her.

I have grown to appreciate Britt. She may be exhausting 1:1, probably more so in an environment where you are stuck around each other all the time, but I do think that she was being genuine on the show. Her life post show has shown her to be a positive woman with a strong faith. I have seen nothing bitter or mean from her. She certainly isn't perfect, but I don't think she was acting on the bachelor and I think she got a bit of a raw deal.

I realize the bubble is the show way, but I am personally growing tired of the engagement to date. I personally find that I liked JPG and his honesty and prefer it to the fake engagement that Chris Soules gave us. I like the Southern Pacific versions of this show where the engagement is not suggested or expected. I would prefer an actual relationship to trying to pick who is in the bubble most or will play along best.

Maybe a sign that I am growing tired of the repedative nature of this show. I find myself preferring the villains and the people TPTB don't want me to like and I am growing tired of some of their darlings.

The whole show is unhealthy, but people continue to go on and people continue to watch.

I don't hate Britt, but I find it interesting that she isn't really friendly with anyone post show. I think that is telling in just how exhausting she may have been to deal with in that situation. Doesn't mean she isn't a nice person, just not a good situation for her.

The show is very repetitive, but I think people kind of find a certain comfort with that. They know what to expect. That is why while I understand certain people are set up as the villains each season, I generally just find them entertaining vs. nasty and that is why, post show, even the villains have made friends.

I don't buy into the roles people are cast. I like who I like based on my preferences and not who the producers want me to like or not like based on their edits. I do have a mind of my own and find it amusing how they try to manipulate the viewing public. Sometime it works, but now it is almost as the viewers are in on the joke...or at least some of them are. For me, that is part of the enjoyment of watching the show.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:07 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I don't disagree, it was part of the bubble. But that is the unhealthy part of the bubble I don't like. I like Whitney and think she was an easy mark for this show. I hate that for her.

Great post!! Your last one too!! :Nod:
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Sprite wrote:

The whole show is unhealthy, but people continue to go on and people continue to watch.

I don't hate Britt, but I find it interesting that she isn't really friendly with anyone post show. I think that is telling in just how exhausting she may have been to deal with in that situation. Doesn't mean she isn't a nice person, just not a good situation for her.

The show is very repetitive, but I think people kind of find a certain comfort with that. They know what to expect. That is why while I understand certain people are set up as the villains each season, I generally just find them entertaining vs. nasty and that is why, post show, even the villains have made friends.

I don't buy into the roles people are cast. I like who I like based on my preferences and not who the producers want me to like or not like based on their edits. I do have a mind of my own and find it amusing how they try to manipulate the viewing public. Sometime it works, but now it is almost as the viewers are in on the joke...or at least some of them are. For me, that is part of the enjoyment of watching the show.

She was hated/disliked by the other top contenders, why would she be friends with them? She is friendly with some of the nicer girls and has hung out with them when they were in town. But she is not in the "cool clique". She has different values than most of these girls, so relating is likely difficult for both sides. Doesn't make her wrong and them right and it also doesn't make her right and them wrong—different strokes imo.
rhondam
rhondam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:24 pm

I don't really know if she has different values. She's a born again Virgin and there were two virgins on the show. She's into her faith, as were Becca and Carly. Kind of telling that the girls she did get along with - Megan, Nikki, and Julian - didn't have any of those values and the first two seemed pretty superficial.

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:34 pm

I don't get being friends with someone on the show has to do with anything. Becca and Whitney are friends with the dislikeable and crude Kaitlyn but that doesn't make me judge Whitney and Becca any less. I actually like the other two, while Kaitlyn just annoys me to no end. Andi is friends with Catherine and I adore Catherine while I don't give a damn about Andi. From what we have seen from Britt after the show, it shows a woman that has stuck to her values and staying true to herself. I really appreciate that from her, she was judged harshly on the show until fans now realize they got more than they bargained for with Kaitlyn while she found love outside the show and seems happy. Be careful what you you wish for, you might get it. Now most people that wanted Kaitlyn cant stand her... God really does work in mysterious ways.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Didn't Britt seem to go out of her way to make the others feel she was the competition? They knew what she was like around them and that she was different around Chris so it's natural that they'd have blamed her for some of the things. Of course Chris could have "manned up" and defused the situation but he's not that smooth. Luckily they're all out of that situation, other than Becca, so don't have to be friends if they don't want to.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 61 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 49 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Britt Nilsson - Bachelorette 11 - Discussion

+95
sparkler
North
Norcalgal
missnana
SafronSahara