SELECT CONTENT

New Information From Reality Steve - Discussion

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Information From Reality Steve - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: New Information From Reality Steve - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:29 pm

I wonder if they will allow Ashley to bring up the fact that Ben has moved on and is dating Britt now if that in fact is true. I remember last season Brad brought up Chantal dating her now fiance during the After.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

New Information From Reality Steve - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: New Information From Reality Steve - Discussion

Post by Beeleever Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Whether there is any truth to the fact that Ben and Britt may be more than "friends" will remain to be seen.

This is what I find interesting; since when do TPTB allow the F1 to hang out or tweet with current or former contestants, even as "friends" before the FRC? Marissa, despite her good intentions, pretty much confirmed in her tweet that Britt and Ben have hung out together.

It takes me back to Ali's season. Chris L was at a "guys" weekend with some of the men from his season, including Frank. I was a Chris fan and when I heard about the gathering, it was an "aha" moment for me. And BTW, Roberto not only was MIA from that party, he was rarely seen.

Just the fact that Ben has been hanging with these people post show puts more than reasonable doubt in my mind that he could still be F1.

I was able to reach this consensus on my own, prior to the current RS spoiler. His information just further confirms my thoughts posted above. Thanks.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:26 pm

what's RS's track record with post-show stuff?

last season
-- channy was dating Jeff - correct
-- channy and brad had thanksgiving together - incorrect
-- michelle money's tabloid - correct
-- Roo/laurel - correct
1-4 for RS

Any other things you guys remember?
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by cfck2222 Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:Understood - but why should Ben be culpable if something gets out between him and someone else, but neither JP nor Ash be culpable if similar happens with them? If we're doling out words like "disrespectful", will the lead hold him/herself to the same standard in all appearances and interviews post-FRC? It can never be much fun for contestants to hear the lead knew it almost right away, etc. etc. jmho
They'd all be culpable according to the letter of the contracts they signed.

But me? I think for what all these people go through in terms of producer manipulation and edit crap, their best efforts to stay discreet are good enough. That goes for Ashley, JP, Ben F, and everybody else.
cfck2222
cfck2222

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:13 pm

so july 25 we will check this thread to see the confirmation spoilers ?
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:10 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:Understood - but why should Ben be culpable if something gets out between him and someone else, but neither JP nor Ash be culpable if similar happens with them? If we're doling out words like "disrespectful", will the lead hold him/herself to the same standard in all appearances and interviews post-FRC? It can never be much fun for contestants to hear the lead knew it almost right away, etc. etc. jmho

I'm wondering, due to the fact that AshleyS is close friends with Britt, Shawntel, etc. if she heard much more about Ben's activities than we have and that lead to her using the word "disrespectful." If not, we can simply say that she was a little sensitive due to Ash being her best friend. yes
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Understood - but why should Ben be culpable if something gets out between him and someone else, but neither JP nor Ash be culpable if similar happens with them? If we're doling out words like "disrespectful", will the lead hold him/herself to the same standard in all appearances and interviews post-FRC? It can never be much fun for contestants to hear the lead knew it almost right away, etc. etc. jmho

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:01 pm

alsoaktchr wrote:Personally, if TBette is not forced to be celibate during the airing, I think it sucks if F2 must be. I understand the seeming need for it, but "if all is fair in love & war", and it's ok for the bach/ette to lead on F2 in the name of finding his/her "partner", why should it be "not ok" or "disrespectful" if F2 is not willing to possibly pass by a relationship that, for all s/he knows, might've been "the one"? Better to have a live finale if TPTB want to keep the other contestants under his thumb. So I get why Ashley S. might prefer Ben et al not to "interact" etc..... but think it's unrealistic - the guy's been away from his life for weeks, and the airing takes weeks more.... why should life go on for everyone but F2?

what would be the point of the show if we are all certain who is F2 F3 etc???

they are supposed to never found love and yet all our F2 seems to have a much happy love life after the show uh???

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Personally, if TBette is not forced to be celibate during the airing, I think it sucks if F2 must be. I understand the seeming need for it, for the sake of the show's big finale, but if "all is fair in love & war", and it's ok for the bach/ette to lead on F2 in the name of finding his/her "soulmate", why should it be "not ok" or "disrespectful" if F2 is not willing to possibly pass by a relationship that, for all s/he knows, might've been "the one"? Better to have a live finale if TPTB want to keep the other contestants under their thumbs. So I get why Ashley S. might prefer Ben et al not to "interact" etc..... but think it's unrealistic, and a tad harsh to view it as "disrespectful to Ashley" - the guy's willingness to go as far as F2 and possibly even propose can't but have been a boost to Ashley's ego, unlike what he had to get through at the end. He's been away from his life for weeks, and the airing takes weeks more.... why should life go on for everyone but F2?

Last edited by alsoaktchr on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Love_Me wrote:
Titou wrote:shout!!!!!!!!! I could not post my message.... got swallowed!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is it in the previous thread or when you went to post it I locked the other thread? Did you save it by chance?

LOL nope. no prob rotfl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Even though Ben and Britt live in the same city I really can not see them as a couple. Maybe she got a really boring edit during Brad's season, but right now it seems kind of meh.

On the other hand I am excited for JP and Ashley. If they are happy which they appear to still be the FRC should be really good.

I can't wait to see the After The Final Rose and hear about their future plans.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Jeepers wrote:Just cuz they may have been seen doesn't necessarily a " couple" make

Wonder if Jesse even knows what a "couple" is or looks like ROFL

giggling

IA that being seen together does not a couple make. But I think there's a little more to their time together that shows this is not just some platonic friendship and that's probably what Jesse K was picking up on. I don't think they'd call themselves a couple just yet because I highly doubt things have gone so far for them to be thinking about exclusivity, plus that whole contract issue.

I'm enjoying my shiny new toy and nobody can take it away from me just yet :yes:

But I also think it's too bad if the tabloids pick up on RS's gossip and make more of this than there is, because you know it's highly likely they'll do that. I think that can be tough when you're in that space of figuring things out with a possible significant other. I know RS doesn't care about that and the comment somebody made about this just being collateral damage for him is right on.

sigh... I will then make make it short (yeah yeah be happy about that!)

I think that if ben decided to date during the show, it was not a smart move and he accepted the fact that all his move would be closely watched.

So if a F2 is spotted to date, then they made their own bed. I do not think that waiting a couple of weeks would really matter really.

We are all voyeurs. We love to know about scandals and there is reasons why the tabloids are so successful and why the gossips websites and gossips tv show are exploding.

If nobody had an interest, they would just cease to exist after a while.

I am not saying that I believe it is true that Ben is dating Britt or dated (past tense) Britt. My mind is saying that he was true with chantal and her fiance. period

He can be totally wrong. What matter is that I was upset that it was another chantal repeat and this morning I found out that it may not be the case

note: beware when people are using words such: upset, down, crying, etc... those are words that we use for effect and fun. After one week of the FRC, I will move on and stop to be a voyeur with ashley and JP! Smiley

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

New Information From Reality Steve - Discussion

+50
DMBFan
Kashathediva
glazedover
LaureanT
summerluvn