SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 38 of 70 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Max64 wrote:^^  I'm loving Robert and Kym too!^^  I've been voting for them, especially last night since his score was so low, I just really enjoy watching him, he seems to be having such a good time and that's what makes the show for me. I wish I could SC that scene back stage from last week, but I can't access the episode yet

Me three. He had a difficult breakup with his wife of 20 some odd years. He is such a smart brilliant man, coming from humble beginnings. It was sad reading about his break up when it happened in a money isn't everything situation. (I would really like to see if that's true. laugh out loud) Even if this is nothing but a showmance, I'm glad he can laugh and enjoy his time on the show and his time with Kym.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71516

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 pm

sara11 wrote:Riker and Allison were awesome, loved their dance!! Also liked Rumer and Nastia. Chris just needs to go home, his footwork has never been good. Would much rather watch Patti who will keep on despite not wanting to, for the sake of her partner.

Yes, all of the bolded are great. But, I always initially vote/cheer for my favorites until the time comes when it's clear they need to depart.

Last night my votes went to Chris and Robert. Next week my votes will probably go to Robert and one of the contenders, probably Rumer & Val followed up by Mark & Willow.

I 100 percent appreciate and am awed by the talented Houghs but having three on one show is cancelling out my votes. It bothered me to hear that Riker competed in ballroom as a youth with his Hough cousins and on So You Think You Can Dance as part of a dance crew. The guy is already a paid professional dancer. I know that every season we get dancers competing or folks with significant dance training in background but doesn't mean that I like it.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Don't argue with me! Really? She's trying to teach him the steps, he acted like he was the pro and she the student. Rude and condescending. Run, Whit, run.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 pm

cindebugg wrote:People put too much emphasis on these little tiffs.  It's not like Chris and Witney are the first couple to get frustrated with one another.  Their little dust up was nothing compared to what we've seen before on this show.  I don't think this has been the best week for them.  It seems they had to change their dance a little bit and Chris is now dealing with 2 injuries and he was limping and looked to be in some pain last night.

I don't believe either of them are ready to leave the competition.  The pros are paid per episode so if she and Chris go her income takes a nose dive.  If she was "over it" I don't believe she would have tweeted voting info last night.

ITA I find it interesting that the preview of them before each dance puts a totally different emphasis on the couples. Why do they show all playful and positive interactions with some couples and the conflict and frustrations with the others? I would imagine each of the couples have had frustrations at some point or another but they don't show this for everyone....wonder why?!? I still think Chris is doing a great job considering he has no dance experience and he has had some injuries. Patti should be next to go IMO. I thought Chris did a better job last night than Robert...both of them seem to be trying very hard.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Bet2Win wrote:Don't argue with me!  Really?  She's trying to teach him the steps, he acted like he was the pro and she the student. Rude and condescending.  Run, Whit, run.  

I watched the rehearsal that this happened in. As much as I like Witney she wasn't listening to him either. The mark of a good teacher is to change the tactics that are being used before the student becomes so frustrated that they lash out or shut down. He explained to her (and of course they didn't show it) that he needed to focus on and learn the steps first and then he could deal with the frame. Maybe he would have taken things a little better if she hadn't been constantly pushing his face away from hers and saying Stinky breath to him. I might get where she was coming from but I found that rude and condescending too.

Why should Whitney run? There are no perfect people. There wouldn't be one relationship left in the world if people ran every time their partner didn't act perfectly.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Witney wasn't saying his breath was stinky, that's just the mental image she's using to illustrate correct head position in ballroom. You're supposed to look away and Chris keeps struggling with that. And I totally agree with her that he needs to learn the right posture and arms and head position with the steps, because once you learn something the wrong way, it's that much harder to learn it again the right way. And no, it's not all new to him at this point anymore. They've been dancing together for 7 weeks now everyday, so he should have some basics down by now. That's all she was saying and he snapped at her. I get that he's frustrated but he's his own worst enemy really.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Rolly wrote:
cindebugg wrote: People put too much emphasis on these little tiffs.  It's not like Chris and Witney are the first couple to get frustrated with one another.  Their little dust up was nothing compared to what we've seen before on this show.  I don't think this has been the best week for them.  It seems they had to change their dance a little bit and Chris is now dealing with 2 injuries and he was limping and looked to be in some pain last night.

I don't believe either of them are ready to leave the competition.  The pros are paid per episode so if she and Chris go her income takes a nose dive.  If she was "over it" I don't believe she would have tweeted voting info last night.

ITA I find it interesting that the preview of them before each dance puts a totally different emphasis on the couples. Why do they show all playful and positive interactions with some couples and the conflict and frustrations with the others? I would imagine each of the couples have had frustrations at some point or another but they don't show this for everyone....wonder why?!? I still think Chris is doing a great job considering he has no dance experience and he has had some injuries. Patti should be next to go IMO. I thought Chris did a better job last night than Robert...both of them seem to be trying very hard.
Of the 10 competitors that started this week, Noah, Robert & Chris are the newbies to dancing / performing. There are three actresses, an Olympic athlete, singer/actress and a singer/ballroom dancing trained former SYTYCD dancer. Not hard to figure out why the three non-dancers have a tougher time. It's the same every season.

Noah's chemistry with Sharna and Robert's chemistry with Kym make a notable difference in their performances. It might have been better for Chris to have a more experienced pro. Witney obviously did well with with Alphonso, but c'mon - he's Carlton!  DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 1710264613
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Loved last night's show. Mark is a genius at the stage design & creativity for each theme/dance. That whole rabbit costume was a bit crazy though! I wish Artem could put in more choreography for Patti, it seemed like they were only dancing in one spot last night.

Witney had the same trouble with her 1st partner-Cody Simpson. They both need to take deep breathes and pay attention to each other. If Chris is having a hard time, then she needs to change the choreography so it's easier for him to learn. Mark and Val have done that in the past. As for why they have been in the B2 the past few weeks, that's either telling the fan bases that they need the votes or it's just for suspense since most of the time Tom says "not necessarily the B2." I still say another 2 weeks left for them.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 1f49c

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 8367-910 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 I_got_13 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 38 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by kdawng Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:37 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:^^I bet Chris is one of those guys who pretty much sailed easily through life with his good looks, athleticism at football, adoration of three sisters and built-in passion for family business right in his backyard so no need to interview/get rejected. !

So, it looks like he's finally met his match with ballroom dancing. As my kids LOVE to hear me say (or on second thought, do NOT giggling ): What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. So, hang in there Chris!!

I think the experience on DWTS is making him tougher and learn more about himself. BUT, as said above, he is his own worst enemy and gets too much in his head when he needs to work more on having fun and actually listening (vs. putting up wall). Nobody enjoys criticism - especially on national TV - and I think that's chipping away at him. Poor guy face twitches when he's uncomfortable.

I didn't say it very well my first go round but I got the impression last night that Miss Patti was essentially telling her fans, "okay, time for me to go!" with her knee and the very limited amount of content that Gentleman Tony (my DWTS crush for years) put in.

So it should be Patti (for her sake) next and then Chris (for his sanity's sake). Either that or put Alfonso permanently in his classroom to help him lighten up. I just don't think that he and Witney are well matched. He needs someone older/firmer with him yet at same time more patient. On a recent interview something was said about Witney being on his farm (to meet one of his friends) and she just laughed and said something like, "No way you'll get me on a farm!"  

?

i think at first he thought he really had a shot. And i read an interview with fiancee Whitney a few weeks ago that said she thought he would be Top 3. i don't think anyone else ever thought that! He doesn't have natural dance moves and isn't a natural performer. But he should realize he can't win, he just needs to have fun. and don't snap at a 21 year old that's trying to help you. I think he lost alot of votes doing that from the non-bachelor lovin folks (if they were voting for him in the first place)

kdawng

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:25 pm

Rolly wrote:
cindebugg wrote:People put too much emphasis on these little tiffs.  It's not like Chris and Witney are the first couple to get frustrated with one another.  Their little dust up was nothing compared to what we've seen before on this show.  I don't think this has been the best week for them.  It seems they had to change their dance a little bit and Chris is now dealing with 2 injuries and he was limping and looked to be in some pain last night.

IMO, it's just a nice subtle way to try and manipulate the votes. I don't think the 4 top contenders are rocking the votes like they are rocking the scores.

cindebugg
cindebugg

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Team dance - Rumer, Riker, Patti and Chris.
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:09 pm

mindless wrote:Witney wasn't saying his breath was stinky, that's just the mental image she's using to illustrate correct head position in ballroom. You're supposed to look away and Chris keeps struggling with that. And I totally agree with her that he needs to learn the right posture and arms and head position with the steps, because once you learn something the wrong way, it's that much harder to learn it again the right way. And no, it's not all new to him at this point anymore. They've been dancing together for 7 weeks now everyday, so he should have some basics down by now. That's all she was saying and he snapped at her. I get that he's frustrated but he's his own worst enemy really.

I'm aware she wasn't saying it in the literal sense. I think her problem was in the delivery. She had a little attitude for whatever reason during that rehearsal. TPTB just chose not to show that in the edit. Yes, he snapped at her and he shouldn't have. Still don't see why Whitney should run over it. Whoever said, Love means never having to say your sorry did the world a huge disservice.

Whatever, they seem to be over it. Pap Henri asked Chris if he had kissed and made up with Witney. He said, No kissing and laughed. He said they took a couple of minutes and hugged it out.

cindebugg
cindebugg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 70 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 54 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers