SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 37 of 70 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 53 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Linds911 Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:39 am

Yeah agree both seemed checked out at this point. Chris' footwork was all over the place but could have been because of his calf injury. I say another 2 weeks, Patt should go before him. I read on PureDWTS the day the show started that there probably won't be a partner switch this season. Bummer if so because I think Sharna would be a good partner to help out Chris for a week.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 1f49c

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 8367-910 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 I_got_13 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 37 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:44 am

Agree that Witney isn't the best teacher for Chris. She's obviously great when she's working with someone who has natural rhythm like Alfonso, but she's not particularly effective when it comes to working with a novice. I think her age plays a huge part in this. I didn't even think that Chris was particularly rude to her in the clip they showed, but I wouldn't be surprised if she's just so frustrated and disheartened with him that she just wants to be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:22 am

bachfangal wrote:After watching episode after episode of Chris dancing with Witney, it is becoming obvious that she is the wrong partner for Chris. True, Chris is a total amateur and even lacks the musicality, but he is obviously driven and hard-working. Witney is pretty, bubbly and charismatic, but she lacks the maturity to teach a novice. Their heights alone are a total mismatch, making Chris lose his posture and awkward.

The production of the dance tonight is so dull and boring compared to all others. That says a lot about Witney's lack of creativity. It was supposed to be the most fun of all the weeks, but their dance lacks the energy (sure Chris must be hurting, so that could be a factor)

If Chris was partnered with a Cheryl Burke, I truly think he would be doing so much better. JMHO.

He kind of looked disappointed that he was not booted, or totally didnt mind if he was. He also looks a bit indifferent and lacking the enthusiasm about the judges' comments and scores. I  almost felt bad for him that he will be going through this again.

Agree. It's too bad they aren't having fun. I loved the first week because Chris was awesome just going for it and doing a fun routine. Since then the struggle has seemed to grow each week. No fun there last night at all. I actually commented when Alfonso came to visit them, that I missed Chris' girly laugh. giggling

Witney has only had musical performers to teach before. I think this season is showing that she has a lot to learn about how to work with a lesser partner. If he was trying as hard as he is and having fun doing it, it would be great that he's still on. But with how miserable they look, kind of wish he's gotten to go home.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:58 am

People put too much emphasis on these little tiffs. It's not like Chris and Witney are the first couple to get frustrated with one another. Their little dust up was nothing compared to what we've seen before on this show. I don't think this has been the best week for them. It seems they had to change their dance a little bit and Chris is now dealing with 2 injuries and he was limping and looked to be in some pain last night.

I don't believe either of them are ready to leave the competition. The pros are paid per episode so if she and Chris go her income takes a nose dive. If she was "over it" I don't believe she would have tweeted voting info last night.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:06 am

Chris and Witney's dance was supposed to have more theatrics, but they got cut out due to them not looking right on camera. So it didn't have anything to to do with creativity.

Honestly, they just need to go home already. Put them both out of their misery. I hope you all stop voting...it's obvious that they're checked out.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:36 am

I don't know if I can blame Witney. Chris is just reaaally slow to learn and there's not much she can do about it. He's also the one preventing himself from having fun. It's good that he takes this show seriously and wants to do well, but he puts so much pressure on himself and gets so down when he doesn't get praise. I don't blame the judges for disliking him, since whenever they give any criticism he just looks stone-faced and disappointed. He doesn't even hear any of the positive things they have to say, because he's so focused on the negative. Only times he cracks a smile is when they give at least 90% positive comments. He needs to relax and realise he can only do his best and that's never gonna be even close to the best in the competition. It would be a lot more enjoyable to watch though if he looked like he was enjoying himself.

I also wonder how much his mind is on the farm already. Isn't the planting season starting like now? He probably thought he'd be home by now before the show started.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:55 am

Moved from the No discussion thread.

kdawng wrote:I think this may be his last week - he has two left at the max.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:02 am

mindless wrote:I don't know if I can blame Witney. Chris is just reaaally slow to learn and there's not much she can do about it. He's also the one preventing himself from having fun. It's good that he takes this show seriously and wants to do well, but he puts so much pressure on himself and gets so down when he doesn't get praise. I don't blame the judges for disliking him, since whenever they give any criticism he just looks stone-faced and disappointed. He doesn't even hear any of the positive things they have to say, because he's so focused on the negative. Only times he cracks a smile is when they give at least 90% positive comments. He needs to relax and realise he can only do his best and that's never gonna be even close to the best in the competition. It would be a lot more enjoyable to watch though if he looked like he was enjoying himself.

I also wonder how much his mind is on the farm already. Isn't the planting season starting like now? He probably thought he'd be home by now before the show started.
I agree with all of this. Pretty much what I've been saying. Chris is just unfortunately really bad, and it's a mental AND physical thing. It seems very unlikely that anyone would be able to help him all that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:19 am

^^I bet Chris is one of those guys who pretty much sailed easily through life with his good looks, athleticism at football, adoration of three sisters and built-in passion for family business right in his backyard so no need to interview/get rejected. True he had his heart broken with his first engagement but heck it lasted 7 years and he got to be the Bachelor and find the beautiful Whitney who really seems to be loyal and loving. What a great catch for him!

So, it looks like he's finally met his match with ballroom dancing. As my kids LOVE to hear me say (or on second thought, do NOT giggling ): What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. So, hang in there Chris!!

I think the experience on DWTS is making him tougher and learn more about himself. BUT, as said above, he is his own worst enemy and gets too much in his head when he needs to work more on having fun and actually listening (vs. putting up wall). Nobody enjoys criticism - especially on national TV - and I think that's chipping away at him. Poor guy face twitches when he's uncomfortable.

I didn't say it very well my first go round but I got the impression last night that Miss Patti was essentially telling her fans, "okay, time for me to go!" with her knee and the very limited amount of content that Gentleman Tony (my DWTS crush for years) put in.

So it should be Patti (for her sake) next and then Chris (for his sanity's sake). Either that or put Alfonso permanently in his classroom to help him lighten up. I just don't think that he and Witney are well matched. He needs someone older/firmer with him yet at same time more patient. On a recent interview something was said about Witney being on his farm (to meet one of his friends) and she just laughed and said something like, "No way you'll get me on a farm!"

I am loving the Kym and Robert beatingheart story. Does anyone know if it's just a showmance?
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 am

^^ I'm loving Robert and Kym too!^^ I've been voting for them, especially last night since his score was so low, I just really enjoy watching him, he seems to be having such a good time and that's what makes the show for me. I wish I could SC that scene back stage from last week, but I can't access the episode yet

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:56 am

Riker and Allison were awesome, loved their dance!! Also liked Rumer and Nastia. Chris just needs to go home, his footwork has never been good. Would much rather watch Patti who will keep on despite not wanting to, for the sake of her partner.

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:14 pm

I don't watch this show. 
I happen to have Billy and Kitt(?) on tv and they are reviewing last night's show. 
The big thing I come away with after seeing the couples is the disparity in skills and what a joke it is having certain couples compete against others. I guess that is the format of the show. 
I have to give kudos to the couples that are not dancers or are older.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 70 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 53 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers