SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 49 of 52 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by tireman4 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:50 am

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I think ( I think), the viewership was up from last week. The ratings held firm at .5 is really good for a cable show.

Show Net Time Viewership (000s, Live+SD) Adults 18-49 rating (Live+SD)
FAMILY GUY ADSM 11:00 PM 1865 0.9
DEADLIEST CATCH DISC 9:00 PM 2393 0.9
AMERICAN DAD ADSM 10:30 PM 1782 0.8
FAMILY GUY ADSM 11:30 PM 1822 0.8
RIZZOLI & ISLES TNT 9:00 PM 4394 0.7
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS FAM 8:00 PM 1743 0.7
AMERICAN DAD ADSM 10:00 PM 1572 0.7
CLEVELAND SHOW, THE ADSM 9:30 PM 1433 0.6
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 9:00 PM 1880 0.6
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 8:30 PM 1845 0.6
ROBOT CHICKEN ADSM 12:00 AM 1292 0.6
SPORTSCENTER LATE       L ESPN 11:06 PM 1292 0.6
CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST USA 9:31 PM 1454 0.6
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 9:30 PM 1937 0.6
ROBOT CHICKEN ADSM 12:15 AM 1214 0.5
CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST USA 9:00 PM 1290 0.5
PRINCESS AND THE FROG DSNY 2:00 PM 2041 0.5
BOBS BURGERS ADSM 9:00 PM 1205 0.5
REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NYC BRVO 9:00 PM 1157 0.5
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 8:00 PM 1610 0.5
FLIP OR FLOP HGTV 9:00 PM 1638 0.5
MARRIED AT FIRST ST (A&E) AEN 10:01 PM 1328 0.5
LAW & ORDER: SVU USA 6:00 PM 1260 0.5
MARRIED AT FIRST ST (A&E) AEN 9:00 PM 1267 0.5

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/06/17/tuesday-cable-ratings-deadliest-catch-tops-night-rizzoli-isles-pretty-little-liars-sportscenter-more/418413/

tireman4

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 am

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disturbed by so many people turning things around and putting blame on Jess. Regardless of what she may have said or done, Ryan D. is a super shady character, who is clearly lying about his profession and income, the $100 incident and the cheating, just to name a few. He has a hair-trigger temper and has said countless demeaning things to Jess and threatened her life, which there is recorded proof of. He may also be on drugs, because he sure acts like it (he's either on edge and hyper or looks like he's falling asleep).

Do you really think this is what Jess asked for to set up her big acting job? Or that she just took advantage of the situation she was put in, which she NEVER should have been put in in the first place. I don't buy it for one second. She was really positive and excited in the beginning of the relationship and put up with a lot from Ryan before she took offense to his comments about the tattoos and piercing. An incident I totally believe her on BTW, since Ryan is a proven liar. People like him lie lie lie to avoid taking responsibility for anything. It's their immediate reaction to lie, so how anyone could believe him over Jess is beyond me. If Jessica has been acting all along then she deserves an Emmy. Judging by her past acting work, she is not a good actress at all, so I haven't got a clue how that would be possible. She also didn't make the restraining order public, Ryan himself did, so we'll never know if she planned to reveal it to the world. If that was her plan then she can thank dumb Ryan for letting her off the hook.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:34 am

mindless wrote:Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disturbed by so many people turning things around and putting blame on Jess. Regardless of what she may have said or done, Ryan D. is a super shady character, who is clearly lying about his profession and income, the $100 incident and the cheating, just to name a few. He has a hair-trigger temper and has said countless demeaning things to Jess and threatened her life, which there is recorded proof of. He may also be on drugs, because he sure acts like it (he's either on edge and hyper or looks like he's falling asleep).

Do you really think this is what Jess asked for to set up her big acting job? Or that she just took advantage of the situation she was put in, which she NEVER should have been put in in the first place. I don't buy it for one second. She was really positive and excited in the beginning of the relationship and put up with a lot from Ryan before she took offense to his comments about the tattoos and piercing. An incident I totally believe her on BTW, since Ryan is a proven liar. People like him lie lie lie to avoid taking responsibility for anything. It's their immediate reaction to lie, so how anyone could believe him over Jess is beyond me. If Jessica has been acting all along then she deserves an Emmy. Judging by her past acting work, she is not a good actress at all, so I haven't got a clue how that would be possible. She also didn't make the restraining order public, Ryan himself did, so we'll never know if she planned to reveal it to the world. If that was her plan then she can thank dumb Ryan for letting her off the hook.

I'm going to be honest, I think you are being snowed.  Based on all of the information that has come out, I'm fairly certain that the majority of what happened was scripted and/or edited to make things look however they wanted.  It's your opinion that she is not a good actress, but I believe she is better than you think because she has a portion of viewers currently thinking that she was the innocent victim in all of this.  If you view all of her videos and interviews out there pre-MAFS, she appears extremely confident and able to speak her mind just fine.  She played the "victim that doesn't have her voice" role on MAFS.  For someone that is in fear of her life, she sure continues to put herself out there.  A restraining order is only a piece of paper. It can't keep her safe in any way and a loose cannon is not going to stop if they are that set on hurting someone. It just doesn't wash.  That doesn't mean Ryan D. isn't any of the things that he's been called, because I agree that he is, to a point.  I believe that they were both playing a role, something he is familiar with from his last TV show.  The bottom line is that neither of these two were run of the mill normal every day random people.  They were both actors looking to further their careers.  Jess said herself that people would see her on a reality TV show within 5 years, so I guess she was right there.  

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:48 am

It's totally different speaking your mind to strangers and to cameras than it is speaking your mind in a relationship. And she did speak her mind initially about her past relationship and when Ryan insulted her with the "trashy" comment, but his reaction made her walk on eggshells. I never thought she was to blame for not being able to speak up, since it was directly related to Ryan's outburst. Just because he went on and on about her communication problem doesn't make it that big an issue in reality. She just unwittingly opened up about it being an issue in her past relationship, so he then proceeded to keep throwing it in her face and ours as an excuse for his shitty behaviour. He's the one with the real communication issue, not Jess! I'm sure she'd be just fine with someone patient and understanding.

And no, a piece of paper will not keep her safe, but it will make sure that if anything shady, anything at all, happens to her or her family members in the near future, the police will be knocking on Ryan's door. I think that's worth the trouble to get one.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:54 am

In my opinion I don't know how you can say that as he would ask her what was wrong and she would say nothing.. that is not communicating when there was clearly something wrong with her. By the way thats a comment that was never heard, that should not have been edited out, if it was true

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:01 am

I never thought she was to blame for not being able to speak up, since it was directly related to Ryan's outburst. Just because he went on and on about her communication problem doesn't make it that big an issue in reality. She just unwittingly opened up about it being an issue in her past relationship

In those first days and weeks Ryan asked her MANY times what was wrong, what she was feeling, and she would always say nothing. If she chose not to speak up, or stand up for herself, then yes, she is to blame.  He had nothing to work with. He didn't know her at all yet. If she said nothing was wrong was he supposed to read her mind and make sure? At that point in the relationship she had no reason to be afraid of Ryan.  They had not fought up to that point.  She had camera men all around her that were not going to let Ryan do anything to her in that moment and she still chose to stay quiet and play the victim.  It was an issue in her past relationship, was she also not to blame for that either?  If you don't want to stand up for yourself then you are going to become someone's doormat.  Ryan treated her like crap, but she stayed and let it continue.  This was not someone she had been with for years that was abusing her but she still loved him so didn't want to leave.  They didn't have children together.  She did not rely on him for income and a roof over her head.  She didn't even know Ryan and had no reason to stay and take that treatment.  She had a contract but she also had free will.  I am sure that if the network sued her for breach of contract, they would only have to look at Ryan's treatment of her and the case would be dismissed.  She wanted that pay check and she wanted the exposure.  

And no, a piece of paper will not keep her safe, but it will make sure that if anything shady, anything at all, happens to her or her family members in the near future, the police will be knocking on Ryan's door. I think that's worth the trouble to get one.

Given all that happened between them I think that if anything happened to her they would look to him anyway, regardless of the RO.  And people that are truly just nuts with rage don't always consider consequences in the heat of the moment.  People snap.  She's not currently conducting herself like a person that is afraid for her life.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:17 am

Their first fight was a few days into the experiment on the honeymoon. I don't remember any instances before that when she didn't speak her mind. She asked him why he ruined the towel swans, she was pissed off when he flipped the kayak, she opened up about her past engagement and how the fiancé's family didn't think she was good enough. What does he do the very next day? Refer to her piercing and tattoos as trashy. She even brought that up as soon as they were seated, but everything changed after his angry reaction. I don't blame her for it. Yes, I wished she'd just tell him to shove it and quit the whole thing, since it was clear to me at that point that he was a total jerk, but I can understand why she didn't. She's used to that sort of treatment in relationships and she had trust in these experts to not match her up with yet another a-hole. So she kept trying, but I don't think she ever fully recovered from it and for good reason IMO. Then he played the perfect husband for the last two weeks to make himself look good just to essentially dump her as soon as the cameras left. That is so cruel!

I have so much respect for Dr. Pepper for apologizing to her. I think she saw the mistake they'd made fairly soon because she looked beyond worried every time she talked to this couple. The other experts showed no accountability.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:22 am

We will have to agree to disagree. Just as with the other couples, we only see what they show us and however they decide to edit it. Ryan D. and Jess are both known actors and I believe that's what we got from them this time as well. Ryan D. does have anger issues obviously, and alleged drug and/or gambling problems, but this is also not his first TV show and the producers knew that. They knew that Jess was an actress and I'm pretty sure they saw some of her other work where she played the victim role and thought she'd be perfect for it here. I would probably tend to agree with you more if these were just two random people looking for love, but that so clearly is not the case here.

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:36 am

I don't remember her speaking up to him about the kayak flipping but I remember she was mad about it. There are different ways of coming across to people also, when she sat down she had a tone like she was trying to start and argument, talking in his tone of voice like she was mocking him. There are different ways to communicate, maybe he shouldn't have said that then types of piercings look trashy. Maybe she should have explained in a different manner. Like I understand you opinion but when you say they look trashy and I have one makes it sound like your calling me trash and that hurts my feelings. At that point he didnt know her or how she would take simple conversations. That is why I think they are both to blame in all of it.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicalSofty Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:42 am

It's tough because there's probably a grain of truth to ALL of this.

Ryan DOES seem like a drug user (although have we had any corroboration on that? beyond NYC LAX?)
Jessica DOES seem like an attention whore (and a super photoshopped one, at that - she's a pretty girl, for sure, but those "modeling" photos are so altered it's insane)
There's are examples out the wazoo that DO make it seem like it all might've been "scripted".

My thing is: they didn't cast themselves.
So while I can blame them (BOTH of them) up one side and down the other, the real blame falls on the producers/show/network.

It's so SO clear that they didn't do their homework on this one. What a mess.

~ "wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment" ~ single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 49 1377737533
CynicalSofty
CynicalSofty

Back to top Go down

Post by BusyLizzie Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:13 pm

I hate the term, it's so stereo typical. "Attention Whore" while describing Jessica. This is a horrible thing to say about someone you don't know!  The can I borrow a hundred dollar video was made 3 years ago. It's just a coincidence that Ryan took a 100 dollars ! I'm amazed at how people can turn on a dime against someone they don't know! ....there I'm not telling someone what not to say, but am stating how horrible I think it is to say about a victim of domestic violence... my opinion!

Last edited by BusyLizzie on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

BusyLizzie

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:18 pm

The can I borrow a hundred dollar video was made 3 years ago. It's just a coincidence that Ryan took a 100 dollars ! I'm amazed at how people can turn on a dime against someone they don't know!

That would be an awfully, awfully large coincidence. If the women were screened better than the men, which it has been said that they were, the producers were well aware of that video. I personally am not "turning on a dime against someone I don't know". I've been skeptical the entire time, and through what I've read here and on SM the past few days, I feel like my feelings of skepticism have been validated. I respect your opinion to believe that she is an innocent victim though. In the end, we won't really know unless the whole story comes out, and it's doubtful that will ever happen.

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 52 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
CynicalSofty
momof2dogs
makeupchick85
KallMeKaptious
TwinkleB13