SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 50 of 78 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 50 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by SerenityGirl Wed May 20, 2015 10:54 am

I think they had instant physical attraction but once that wore off they (or maybe just him) wanted to see if they was more there. If they were fighting more than anything maybe it was best they not be physically intimate. If they were they'd definately be a Monet and Vaughn part 2. The fighting really set them back and as I've posted weeks before, I worry they won't have enough time to get back on track before the experiment is over. It's sad because of the 3 couples I initially saw the most potential of a long lasting relationship between Jess and Ryan.

Re: Dr. Joseph interview I find it strange that he is saying the therapists were not aware of how volatile Ryan and Jess' arguments were. In her sit down with him she told him about how Ryan speaks to her and she was crying. They only showed a couple minutes of what supposedly was hours of therapy session so there must of been more discussion. Did he not (as therapist do) probe more about what and how Ryan speaks to her? Dr. Joseph is also the same one who said in the matching special that he was a little concerned about matching Ryan and Jess because he was not sure how Jess would receive Ryan's way of communicating. So why is he so surprised? He forshadowed there could be issues. Is he surprised that Ryan raised his voice?  I don't know but IMO I think he is trying to take some of the blame off of himself for potentially getting it wrong by matching these two. Just my opinion.

I am surprised none of the couples want the paid therapy. Do they not think they need it? If not, why not? Denial? Fake issues?

SerenityGirl

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 50 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Jadeh Wed May 20, 2015 1:22 pm

My opinion of Dr. C sinks. It sounds defensive and is unprofessional.  Rather than candidly admit that the experts failed to see  or correctly assess serious issues with at least 4 of the individuals, he goes public through a blogger to make statements that are his opinions and evaluations of the individuals.  He plays favorites (Jess and SV).  He makes statements that DK and RD cannot defend.  In order for therapy to work you need to trust your therapist. Going public about their issues outside of what we are shown is not appropriate.  If it were, then we would have seen more of the time he spent with them (although that may have lead the viewers to ask how the hell did they choose these people other than their looks). If I was any one of the participants I would not want therapy from Dr. C because I would not trust him.  No doubt RD has anger issues and expresses himself in an inappropriate manner.  No doubt DK has abandonment issues and when she felt SV pulling away that it triggered her insecurities.  Ditto for Jess having an issue with people who are aggressive and verbally abusive. And SV seems to have self esteem and anxiety issues - not sure if the former triggers the latter or if the latter exaggerates the former.  If I were the participants I would skewer him during the reunion show.  Oh yeah, they can't because his offensive interview came out after the show. IMO Dr. C is a self-serving, unprofessional and, probably egotistical, person who is looking for fame.

Jadeh

Back to top Go down

Post by snewtsie Wed May 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Jadeh wrote:My opinion of Dr. C sinks. It sounds defensive and is unprofessional.  Rather than candidly admit that the experts failed to see  or correctly assess serious issues with at least 4 of the individuals, he goes public through a blogger to make statements that are his opinions and evaluations of the individuals.  He plays favorites (Jess and SV).  He makes statements that DK and RD cannot defend.  In order for therapy to work you need to trust your therapist. Going public about their issues outside of what we are shown is not appropriate.  If it were, then we would have seen more of the time he spent with them (although that may have lead the viewers to ask how the hell did they choose these people other than their looks). If I was any one of the participants I would not want therapy from Dr. C because I would not trust him.  No doubt RD has anger issues and expresses himself in an inappropriate manner.  No doubt DK has abandonment issues and when she felt SV pulling away that it triggered her insecurities.  Ditto for Jess having an issue with people who are aggressive and verbally abusive. And SV seems to have self esteem and anxiety issues - not sure if the former triggers the latter or if the latter exaggerates the former.  If I were the participants I would skewer him during the reunion show.  Oh yeah, they can't because his offensive interview came out after the show. IMO Dr. C is a self-serving, unprofessional and, probably egotistical, person who is looking for fame.

Well stated, Jadeh. clapping!

snewtsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vestirse Wed May 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Jadeh wrote:If I was any one of the participants I would not want therapy from Dr. C because I would not trust him.

I just want to point out that in Bee's interview with Dr C, he said:
It should also be clarified that given the intensity of some of the conflicts that emerged between them, Jessica and Ryan were offered formal counseling to be paid for by production, on at least six different occasions. I myself, very strongly encouraged Jessica on several occasions to accept this offer for formal therapy by a licensed and credentialed treatment provider.

He also said:
We are not these couples' therapists. This is very important to understand and is made very clear to them at the onset. Support, guidance and checking in with them is NOT therapy, nor should it ever be considered as such.

He would not have been the therapist they saw.  The fact that they all turned therapy down did not have to do with Dr. C or any of the other experts since the therapy clearly would have not been with any of "experts".

Vestirse

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadeh Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm

I think that it is very hard to separate his show persona from his profession. Note that he says "formal therapy." And I think that saying it made very clear to them that "support, guidance and checking in with them is not therapy" sounds like a legalistic warning. Whatever was said with him during his hours of meeting or not shown on camera should not be a topic of conversation unless the participants get to speak back or defend themselves. I stand by my opinion that 4 of the participants had serious issues that would prevent them from having a healthy relationship and that the matches that were made were destructive: an abandonment phobia with an anxiety person who tends to flee and a person who doesn't run when someone is verbally abusive. That's on Dr. C (gag a little with that title) and the other experts. Again amazing that those hours long questionnaires and individual interviews failed to "find" those problems ahead of time.

Jadeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 5:49 pm

^^Jadeh, you've expressed my thoughts exactly. Wish I could hit "like" over and over!

ETA: Dr. C's disclaimer about not being their therapist is such malarkey. The docs posed as professionals, but then don't want to take any responsibility for this sh*t storm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vestirse Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

I totally agree that several of the participants have huge red flags that were missed and that is a tragedy in and of itself.  I'm just pointing out that the therapy offered would not have been with any of the so-called experts, thus we cannot pin the participants' decision to turn down the offer of therapy on the notion of them not trusting their therapist since the therapist would not have been any of the experts.  That's all.

As for Dr. C - he is as much a participant as those who they actually match.  Interesting that he seems to be the most vocal expert.

Vestirse

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 20, 2015 7:56 pm

IA Vestirse. Good Post

The main take away, is they were offered, and the answer was no. If they didn't want DrCs help, there were others to choose from.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mom22boys Thu May 21, 2015 5:02 pm

IMO it seems like Dr. C has just taken a personal liking to Sean. He doesn't genuinely seem interested in doing any more than he has to for the cameras.
mom22boys
mom22boys

Female Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by momma1RN Thu May 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi all! new here Smiley I can definitely see why people think Ryan might be gay. I personally don't think he is because if he wasn't ready to "out" himself, going on a TV show would probably be the very last thing he would want to do. I really thought he was a huge jerk, but realized how the entire season has been edited to create conflict for ratings. He is on his FB account saying things like "i'm not a public figure i'm just a regular person" and telling people they're pretty dumb if they believe everything they see on television. For someone who is seemingly private, he may have taken on too much to handle with this TV show. Jessica seems sweet but some things she does is infuriating. Don't say you want to cook, never cook, and then get mad when he points out you don't cook. Don't mumble under your breath. Don't expect people to read your mind and then get upset when they aren't fulfilling your needs. They both have a lot of growing up to do IMO.

momma1RN

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu May 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Welcome1 momma1RN

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 50 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:03 am

momma1RN wrote:Hi all! new here Smiley I can definitely see why people think Ryan might be gay. I personally don't think he is because if he wasn't ready to "out" himself, going on a TV show would probably be the very last thing he would want to do. I really thought he was a huge jerk, but realized how the entire season has been edited to create conflict for ratings. He is on his FB account saying things like "i'm not a public figure i'm just a regular person" and telling people they're pretty dumb if they believe everything they see on television. For someone who is seemingly private, he may have taken on too much to handle with this TV show. Jessica seems sweet but some things she does is infuriating. Don't say you want to cook, never cook, and then get mad when he points out you don't cook. Don't mumble under your breath. Don't expect people to read your mind and then get upset when they aren't fulfilling your needs. They both have a lot of growing up to do IMO.

That's the thing I'm dying to know.....has she cooked for him yet? They haven't shown it, but I can't believe in 5 weeks or wherever they are at this point in viewing she hasn't done that. I really thought that was what she'd do as her romantic thing. I thought all those notes would lead to homecooked food. Jess is very passive aggressive. And whiny. She wants a fairytale, she doesn't want to do the work to get there.

Another question--did they get a fishbowl? I need to go back and view and look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 78 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 64 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+102
Gentleman
Kiki_P
cecig75
Susan Ashley
soccermomx2
FamilyFirst1987
ladiiec
Amo630
sherrie714
joshfan
sunchick116