SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by kimberlyg Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:24 am

If Fleiss and Co. were really mad about the plane video, they could have sued him under the contract, collected their $$$, gave him whatever edit they wanted and decided he was no longer welcome in anything Bachelor-related.  Otherwise, dude got dumped and was upset about it.  I don't really think that's a crime or reason to vilify someone, but maybe that's just me.

I'm Team!Kaitlyn this season, so obviously if Nick does something to upset her or hurt her, then I'm fine with him going home or getting whatever comes to him edit-wise.  If his being a "little b****" is going to Kaitlyn about the other guys (or one of the other guys), then I really don't care and good for him (for example, based on his Twitter, I could see Joe as a "wrong reasons" guy who would call someone who wasn't as bro-tastic a "little b****" if that dude stayed and he got kicked off). I could also definitely see it being an "under production's thumb" reason as well.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:25 am

sosleepy wrote:Pretty sure many contestants have "broken the rules" with similar phone conversations to family/friends/confidants breaking down their experience. Nick was just caught (and yeah, naive/dumb enough to do it in public). Only difference.

I know some people that knew Nick quite well at one point in time, and I actually unknowingly met him years ago as well- though I can't tell you/remember much about that. He's just a dude. Absolutely no reason to either vilify him or put him on a pedestal. IMO he got the editing shaft last season, probably because he provided the only interesting material in what was otherwise a very dull season. I'm hoping his edit is better this season. Just cause RS is calling him a "little  biotch" doesn't mean the edit will reflect that. Remember how he went on and on about how hated Nikki was, then she got a good edit and came out of the show with friends? Sometimes his "info" is not entirely accurate.

Great post. Another thing I like about Nick is, he could care less what you and I or anyone else thinks of him, unlike other contestants who's only purpose in life is to wake up every morning and read how loved they are on SM.

IOW, he IMO won't give a hill of beans on what RS thinks of him. As a matter of fact, I can't wait for the zinger from Nick in response to that. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:27 am

sosleepy wrote:Pretty sure many contestants have "broken the rules" with similar phone conversations to family/friends/confidants breaking down their experience. Nick was just caught (and yeah, naive/dumb enough to do it in public). Only difference.

I know some people that knew Nick quite well at one point in time, and I actually unknowingly met him years ago as well- though I can't tell you/remember much about that. He's just a dude. Absolutely no reason to either vilify him or put him on a pedestal. IMO he got the editing shaft last season, probably because he provided the only interesting material in what was otherwise a very dull season. I'm hoping his edit is better this season. Just cause RS is calling him a "little  biotch" doesn't mean the edit will reflect that. Remember how he went on and on about how hated Nikki was, then she got a good edit and came out of the show with friends? Sometimes his "info" is not entirely accurate.

Very true. I was just thinking of that. So many rumblings about how Nikki was most hated and the biggest b in the house but it seems like she came out with quite a few friends actually not to mention being F1 I never bought the Nick is evil edit last year....the other guys were the ones that came off foolish to me with their mob mentality towards him. As for this year him joining/being kept was automatic drama probably in the minds of the guys so the Nick causing drama angle is kind of an inevitable scenario

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:29 am

Speaking of RS, his using words to describe contestants is a kin to the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you say?  He doesn't care about 99.9% of the people from this show!! The nastier he can get the more hits he gets to his twitter and column, which by the way makes him a very wealthy man!! The ones he usually is nicer to is because they or their friends and family are feeding him the info!! :yes:  Now even that's not always safe either because RS doesn't care about the saying, "you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you", after all he's RS, don't you know!! giggling

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 8 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:47 am

:claphands awesome post sosleepy -- so so true -- I've always appreciated watching this dude cos he was flawed but authentic -- even if he crashes and burns (does it completely imperfectly) but goes full force after his convictions -- he is so entertaining to watch cos there's no half way with this dude - he goes all guns blazing.

I like him because he's so unabashed about his basic humanness and all his flaws -- he owns up to his mistakes and he even makes them with conviction hahaha. my favorite thing bout Nick is that he's sooo human but a very passionate and romantic one at that - imperfect, authentic/not calculated, intense, articulate, entertaining, doesn't take himself AT ALL seriously, fully owns up to his mistakes and imperfections and could absolutely care LESS what anyone thinks of him as long as he's good with himself and with his family/friends who will always be in his corner.

He will continue to make mistakes and imho be authentic to a point where he might continue to rub people the wrong way (he won't pause to explain himself - which he maybe should do a little of), he'll also IMO going to go big or go home without having a care what anyone thinks of him...He makes the mistakes with full awareness so I think he can handle all the things that tptb or the audience or the girl throws his way
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:04 am

^Well said, emusha! :yes: I'll take a real person who owns his mistakes any day over someone who tries to project some image of perfection.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:42 am

emusha wrote:

:claphands awesome post sosleepy -- so so true -- I've always appreciated watching this dude cos he was flawed but authentic -- even if he crashes and burns (does it completely imperfectly) but goes full force after his convictions -- he is so entertaining to watch cos there's no half way with this dude - he goes all guns blazing.

I like him because he's so unabashed about his basic humanness and all his flaws -- he owns up to his mistakes and he even makes them with conviction hahaha. my favorite thing bout Nick is that he's sooo human but a very passionate and romantic one at that - imperfect, authentic/not calculated, intense, articulate, entertaining, doesn't take himself AT ALL seriously, fully owns up to his mistakes and imperfections and could absolutely care LESS what anyone thinks of him as long as he's good with himself and with his family/friends who will always be in his corner.

He will continue to make mistakes and imho be authentic to a point where he might continue to rub people the wrong way (he won't pause to explain himself - which he maybe should do a little of), he'll also IMO going to go big or go home without having a care what anyone thinks of him...He makes the mistakes with full awareness so I think he can handle all the things that tptb or the audience or the girl throws his way

:claphands yes

“There is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.” – Leonard Cohen 

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:16 am

Kashathediva wrote:
whipsnapper wrote:Auntie, I will agree that last bette season some of his actions upset some of the other contestants.  However, I do not think that he disturbed sh*t, played games and tricks, or broke the rules.
ITA.
In fact, I will go as far to say that the guys were outwitted, outsmarted and outplayed. They were easy fodder for manipulative production hands and acted like a bunch of whiney babies.  
I would not say I am a fan of Nick's. I don't embrace that whole ideology, but I will say he was one of the few enjoyable things about the season for me. I will say I like him. Smiley

hehehe hadn't looked at that way but such a funny way to look at it
I do think Nick could have been more sensitive to the guys in some ways but then again he consciously prioritized the girl over the guys...and he wasn't a complete insensitive demeaning guy in the house (maybe in the ways Courtney was) he was overconfident and that rubbed the guys the wrong way. but that specifically is what helped him protect himself from questioning his connection with Andi -- he said it himself and he was even shedding a tear reflecting on how it's hard for the guys and that they have feelings for the same girl... he said something along the lines of it's gotten to a point where I can't let what the guys think and what they're dealing with hold me back from my connection with Andi. since he felt like he was falling in love with her he chose to focus on her and apparently he had no regrets since according to his "exit interview" he formed great friendships outside of the show even with guys who were chastising him on camera (Brian, CS).

There's something to be said about his nonchalance about his edit and walking in with a full understanding of what the editors are capable of doing and weighing your options to prioritize what is most important to you regardless of how you might be depicted publicly - that takes some guts. I do think that nick being imperfect, he could have handled the situation with the guys with a lot more tact but maybe that's a shortcoming on his end -- and it's not really his forte esp for an abnormal social situation of dating the same girl as 25 guys on a tv show -- in that his personally needs him to be authentic and so he just went full force not faking or tip toeing people can debate the merit of his decision there... it's really how you look at the situation. The evil music realyyyy also contributed to his public persona as well.
The funny part is people who understand or enjoy watching nick on tv find the exact attributes that others call him out on the attributes that make so great and likable AND watchable rofl
he's like TV GOLD!

Last edited by emusha on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:21 am

I think there is a difference of "marching to your own beat" and being "botchy".
I personally would put Nick in the former, not the latter.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:59 am

Ditto to bolded.
Ditto to the rest. :Nod:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:22 am

nutty1 wrote:I think there is a difference of "marching to your own beat" and being "botchy".
I personally would put Nick in the former, not the latter.

Yep I agree Nutty!
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:17 am

I tend to think RS also has no idea at this point who is in the F4. If he did, he'd be teasing it and stringing us along. Instead, radio silence. I thought it was telling when he mentioned that he'd only be spoiling if social media got there first (what, so he could get his info from them?) Wouldn't he prefer to be ahead of social media? Otherwise he's just regurgitating what someone already posted on Twitter. Yawn. And when he is really in the know, he is ahead of everyone. So yeah... At this point I don't think he has anything solid beyond Ireland.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+70
eliza3
eirekay
dw_a_mom
Catdwoman50
Sprite