SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 6 of 79 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by emusha Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:26 am

I agree with you mindless - based on what we've been shown which is not a lot...Davina was not putting forth much at all to make him feel cared about...
I was just expressing what could be part of the the issue when it comes to this strange process of meeting a stranger and being married to them and not knowing where the courting phase had gone...when that's such a typical thing to expect.
For some reason Ryan R and Jac are squeezing in the flirtation, the pull and push and the courting along with all the crazy logistics...the other couples aren't doing so well IMHO
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by mindless Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:55 am

nuts2uiam wrote:Let's call it what it is.  It is a TV show.  If it were a true "experiment" at best, it would have been a documentary not a reality tv show.

The "experts"?, in  truth you could take any credentialed profession, for example a dentist and call him an expert because he is, due to the degree.  Now, taken comparatively to other experts, I am not sure if the titles are spot on truthful.

I believe the so called experts did their due diligence in the testing, but the real question is what is the efficacy of those tests.  I do not believe for even one minute that they set them up for failure.

We don't know (speaking only about the show info, not outside info) what we are not shown.  They produce drama for certain as we learned from Jamie and Doug and Courtney and Jason.  Speaking about the two couples who have been shown to have conflicts these are my observations.

Ryan is a hot head with anger problems
Jessica is non confrontational.
An oversimplification for sure, but I am left scratching my head how these two are good for each other.  He blows up, she retreats, rinse and repeat.

Sean has anxiety problems, and past bullying episodes.
Davina has had dating and measuring up problems and bullying.
Both have hearing and listening problems.
Again, I am left bewildered by the pairings.

I'm also scratching my head with those pairings. It seems like the so called experts can justify anything if they wish to. Not saying they don't genuinely believe in their own justifications, but looking at them objectively, you can see some holes in the reasoning.

Ryan D and Jessica seem to be very different, if not polar opposites, when it comes to many important matters, communication, spending habits, interests. The experts, however, hoped that they would "help each other grow".

Sean and Davina on the other hand seem very similar. They've both had difficult childhoods that have scarred them, and they're both sensitive and picky. The experts thought it was great that they had so much in common and they'd be able to relate to each other.

In reality, Ryan D and Jessica could just as well be butting heads all the time and totally unable to relate to each other. Sean and Davina could see their own faults in each other and start resenting each other for it, or both react similarly to difficulties thus being unable to offer each other support. These "experts" really have no way of knowing which way things go. Sure, there are many other things they take into consideration, like educational level, social class and cultural background, but you don't need to be an expert to consider those things. Just about anyone can do it. Only thing they're really good for is the personality analysis stuff Dr. C claims to be doing, but even that seems to be wide open for interpretation and wishful thinking.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:01 am

mindless wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:Last night I was thinking that if we look at D&S relationship objectively (forget all the personal dirty on sean), we would understand why he left the apartment that night. It's just weird/buzz killer to be with someone who would constantly point out your inadequecies instead overlooking the little things. I understand it's good to speak impeccable but one needs to learn to ignore, choose your battle wisely and let things go. 

If my husband was were in Sean's shoes that night, he would definitely had left the apartment.

I agree. Did she show any kind of appreciation for his willingness to relocate? From what we were shown, and even in that extra clip with bits filmed afterwards, she seemed to have the attitude of "you said you were willing to move, so put up or shut up". Like she was taking it for granted and felt slighted that he wasn't very enthusiastic about it. That would make me withdraw as well in Sean's position and wonder if anything's enough for her. And it's not like he left out of spite. Had he stayed, he would have had to get up at 4am and drive two hours half asleep. I don't blame him for wanting some actual rest after all the stress involved with the experiment. But she had to blow that out of proportion as well and get all romance novel with the "if you want something bad enough you fight for it". Erm, you're already married and he's not leaving permanently. Chill out, woman! If they were all lovey dovey, then maybe it would've been worth it staying, but you can't just push a button to change the mood, when you yourself have contributed to making things awkward. I can totally understand his need to get back to his comfort zone to recharge before a long day at work, especially when the alternative is staying with someone who's constantly analyzing his every word and action.
And don't forget what a workday it would be for him since he seems his coworkers don't like him much Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 3806527698 Dude is in stress galore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:04 pm

My spouse changed state for me twice. I had to treat him like a king. He could do no wrong for at least a month. When one makes a sacrifice for you, you have to make the person feel like they made a good choice. I really think the experts made a good match with D&S but D got in her own way.

Did you guys notice that the experts did discuss/talk abt Sean leaving for the night on twitter. They usually tweet along when the show is on. Remember how Dr L and Greg were championing Jac during the first few episodes. They didnt do that with D.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadeh Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:16 pm

Last season Jamie had trust issues but she got a king with Doug. Not the same here with Davina and Sean. Two birds with broken wings who are still in the self defense stage of recovery (been there done that and I know people criticized for it). To get over it you have to be hurt a little and then step back and look at how the other person is perceiving you. I am certain Davina is not doing that; I am not sure about Sean - the gung ho and then the cold shoulder were extremes. I think from a "relationship" POV he should have stayed the first night (can't imagine being abandoned on the first night you move in together). Ryan and Jess have communication issues. So did Cortney and Jason because Jason had never felt comfortable sharing, he was independent, etc. But he had Cortney and she was pretty much steady as a rock at least until MAFS 1st year but Jason rallied (remember her going home to NC to recharge and he switched apartments to get the larger one with a view and cleaned up). Jason appreciated Cortney's strength and patience. Cortney appreciated Jason's efforts. I don't see appreciation or sensitivity to the other person with Jess and Ryan.

Jadeh

Back to top Go down

Post by FTFNurse Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Hello guys, first time posting here. I found the board by googling something else related to MAFS. Anyways, I don't work with Sean or know stuff on Davina personally, but I have been with them a couple times when they did interviews, I can tell you that up to the middle of March they were no longer together, speaking or even interested in what the other person was doing.

They did not ended up together, they decided to separate and went through the same production managed interviews that Vaughn and Monet went through last year. They, as far as I can tell from spending 10 minutes with each, do not hate each other, they are always very civil, though I'm sure they like the rest of us have their immature moments regarding what happened.

What cuased the split? I have absolutely no idea. Production has no control over their SM accounts, they post, tweet, retweet and speak their own minds, knowing that because of production they cannot divulge publicly if they are still together or not. They both seemed like nice people whenever they were together, but definitely not couple material if I go with what I see on the show.

I met them three times, the first right before the decision was filmed, they greeted each other as friends. I saw them again when taping ended and was with them again before the shows started airing. Never did I witness any bad behavior from any of them towards each other or anyone else for that matter, they were both always civil and respectful. Shame it didn't work out as they looked beautiful in person, she is drop dead gorgeous and very funny and he is very handsome and seemed like a down to earth kinda guy, but it didn't work out in the end. I watch the show with my SO and knowing them in person before any of the shows aired makes it weird for me to see if what's on the show is real or not but I understand no one is as bad or as good as presented on TV.

That's my two cents. I could probably comment on the other couples if anyone is interested but I guess that on their respective boards.

FTFNurse

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:01 pm

Thank you and welcome, FTFNursewelcomeyall

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks for joining. Yes if you know anything about the others it would be helpful. Please

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Very sad. I was really hoping for some kind of miracle.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info. Not surprised, but sad they couldn't make it work. Would love to hear about the other 2 couples as well!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 8367-910 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 I_got_13 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 E5kqdm15 Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 6 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 pm

:Welcome FTFNurse Thanks for sharing!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 79 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+103
anOldBMW
TwinkleB13
cubequeen
radicalred
luckydee
JCB
sounproductive
Mimi27
BusyLizzie
justlistening
wharfrat