SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Premier May 18-19 - Thread #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Premier May 18-19 - Thread #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Premier May 18-19 - Thread #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by barbell Thu May 21, 2015 11:34 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Mia, you know I don't thrive on long posts. I usually Kasharead(interpret that as skim) most.
With that being said--I totally agree(see I am emulating you by spelling out ITA) with every word above. yes
I wish more viewers saw the show this way.
I love the new moniker--American Horror Story!  It's very Kasha.

Thank you Kasha and Mia.  Let's be honest...TPTB have to keep adding viewers and they are skewing toward those younger than some of us including me.  The ante has been up-ed every season on the Bachelorette from the beginning of the Krista and Ryan fairytale (although she admitted to sleeping with both her final two) to Nick spilling the beans on Andi in the ATFR, to the reality that is now.  I'm 30 years older than these contestants but I will admit that I lived some of their behavior when I was their age, just not on tv - it was the '70s after all.  A Sean Lowe season " I am a Born-again Virgin"  sold once, but so did the horney farmer.  In all honesty, unless Kaitlin pulls some fantastic numbers with the sex mantra they're going with, they'll come up with a different type of Bach'ette next time around because they need to - Mother, lawyer and hot one...what's next? This is TV and a for profit operation1
barbell
barbell

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Premier May 18-19 - Thread #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Premier May 18-19 - Thread #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 22, 2015 9:17 am

The good old 70's. Wish I could relive it because I can't remember half of it!

:justkidding

barbell: IA with your post. TV has changed over the years, and they need to keep up with the times. If that's what it takes, that's what they'll do. It gets everyone talking, and that's what they want.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri May 22, 2015 2:52 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
RealityEscape wrote:The show has jumped the shark or at least turned a different dramatic direction.  They want anything and everything that will get 'talk at the watercooler'.   If they wanted a Cinderella story they do no select a Bachelorette that pulled her swimsuit bottoms off in a different season.     To each his own, it's just obvious that romance is no longer the name of the game if it ever was for this show.  

My take on this is that the show was never about romance (from MF's and TPTB's point of view). For them, it was always about a weird social experiment where one 'desirable' lead was pursued by 25 suitors, and how all parties dealt with this sped up process, the isolated bubble, group dates, simultaneous dating, and 15 minutes of fame.  

The viewers, however, have always been somewhat split regarding what this show is all about.  Some view to see a great romance. Other watch to see people behave ('well' or 'badly') while in the bubble.

What has changed, IMO, is how far MF and TPTB will push the envelop. How much they are willing to exploit participants' footage, how much they are willing to show 'how the sausage is made' (the stuff behind closed doors), and how blatant they are now about how they don't care if they hurt someone's reputation.  Yes, there have always been contracts that gave TPTB rights to use footage and editing however they wish, but they have become more brazen with their power.  Why?

Well, it's complicated and multifaceted, IMO. But, it's been many years since they started producing this show and times have changed in the tv game and IRL.  Plus, because this show's been on the air so long, and because it has a proven travk record in not producing marriages, they feel the need to spice it up somehow. They've tried many tricks over the years to make us tune in, seems like they're just getting back to basics, that is sex.  Recent seasons have proven that contestants feel more sexually liberated than in years past, and even if both parties are not eager to speak about sex, it only takes oneto bring it up. Sex or sexually controversy are just as juicy.  Like many have said, this sort of behavior is nothing new. What is new is that MF is willing to use the footage now. We never saw footage of someone knocking on Blob's bathroom door during some 'mature sexy' time with a lady, but we will see something that Kaitlyn does exposed.  Why?

One, I think that MF is a mysogynistic pig who prefers to exploit women rather than men. And, two, because he can. He's been sliding down this slippery slope for years, and he's always gotten away with it. He's never been punished for his unkind ways. So, why stop with heavy breathing behind closed doors, far far away camera angles of ocean frolicking, or even the ATFR confrontation?  If a woman is so inclined to choose to have sex with one of her men (even before the FDs), then why not use the footage (from outside the closed door) and turn the whole thing into a tv event.  It could have been a non-event like in years past (whispered about as a rumor), but why not use it in the social experiment.  If K does in fact sit down and tell her remaining men, or F3, or whoever, about how she had sex with another, this will be a big score for MF, people will be talking.  So, for K's sake I hope that she handles the pressures well and stays true to herself when she is questioned, confronted, and criticized.  I believe that if you choose to exercise one of your rights in an unpopular sort of way, that you ought to be prepared to defend yourself.

This show, despite it's claims, has never been a Cinderella story.  This is American Horror Story at it's best.

I agree, except they did edit Ed having either PE, or couldn't get it up. The edits changed considerably with the Jason/Molly switcheroo. The show initially had the suspense factor to keep viewers tuning in, but RS has been spoiling the endings since Jason's season, so they had to figure out a different way to keep viewers tuning in. Drama is the mainstay of the show now and has been since Jason.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Fri May 22, 2015 10:22 pm

I had posted a screencap the night of the episode airing that showed a close-up of the elevator guy's head. I also mentioned the stripes on purple sweater guy's shirt that night too.  I am still pretty sure the elevator guy is Shawn.  It has the very distinctive trim mark where the long hair on top meets the shorter shaved part.  

The preview to me, is hilarious.

It shows Kaitlyn slowly closing a hotel door, with seductive music. of course.  It shows K and (I think) Jared laying down on a bed of rose petals.  It shows a window- all lights on except for one dark room.  You hear panting on a voice over... which could be Kelsey's 'panic' attack for all we know.  Then it shows a naked golfer streaking-  who KNOWS who that could be.  Perhaps it is some freaky date where they invite professional polar dippers!  My point is that we have no idea what is going on.  To get sucked into the preview is ridiculous with all we know now.  Invented drama as always...  

With all of the dramatic parts shown with hotel room doors- not one of the scenes showed the same door!  LoL.  Door opens, guy goes in, sex noises, door opens again, crying...  The people making this preview do it professionally.  Notice that several different 'do not disturb' signs are used.  If that preview segment was a movie it would be continuity errors galore!

It is getting crazier and more dramatic every season... Then you see the episode and realize that nothing exciting actually happened.  It's just their job, and they are good at it.

I am looking forward to watching the season and matching up all the bits and pieces later.  

Thanks for listening... Rant is over.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri May 22, 2015 10:41 pm

oR Good Post -- I have the same reaction about the preview just was reserving myself from saying it... it's absurd and hilarious how fake and contrived (sliced minced and diced) it all is cantstopl
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 22, 2015 10:55 pm

I bet the naked guy running is production.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Sat May 23, 2015 12:24 am

Kashathediva wrote:I bet the naked guy running is production.

LOL! I wonder if he got a raise or a demotion for that!! giggling

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by officeRules Sat May 23, 2015 1:51 am

Oh, he got a "raise", alright... from the cold Irish air.
officeRules
officeRules

Female Posts : 992

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Mon May 25, 2015 1:36 pm

I finally watched part 2 last night. I thought Kaitlyn seemed a little softer, I liked her more that way. But she made out with 2 guys already. That was weird for the first night.

No one stood out as WOW to me, but I did find myself involuntarily smiling when I saw Nick!

Chris does nothing for me.
Shawn is cute, but again, doesn't do it for me.
Jared is cute, but not as much as I thought.
Even Ben....at times, his face looked so round and he definitely looked like Peter Brady!

I think Tanner and Ben Z were 2 cuties.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr&MrsSmith Mon May 25, 2015 3:16 pm

nutty1 wrote:I finally watched part 2 last night. I thought Kaitlyn seemed a little softer, I liked her more that way. But she made out with 2 guys already. That was weird for the first night.

No one stood out as WOW to me, but I did find myself involuntarily smiling when I saw Nick!

Chris does nothing for me.
Shawn is cute, but again, doesn't do it for me.
Jared is cute, but not as much as I thought.
Even Ben....at times, his face looked so round and he definitely looked like Peter Brady!

I think Tanner and Ben Z were 2 cuties.
ITA Nutty on each of the guys - I'd only add that me likey Joshua the hunky welder. He could give me a rose.
Mr&MrsSmith
Mr&MrsSmith

Female Posts : 578

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Premier May 18-19 - Thread #2 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+68
MiaHawk
mtnlvr55
Jolena
Longhornfan
RealityEscape
Luvstruck
gurlbrit
Iam4UGA
Hotmomma
BowenAnderson
sara11