SELECT CONTENT

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Longhornfan Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Okay, this is the first Big Brother season that I have ever watched from the very beginning.  I only started watching BB last year.  The only remaining players that I even like are James, Meg, Johnny Mac and Steve.  I simply can not stand Vanessa, and Austin and the twins are not far behind either.

I finally read the bio for Vanessa, and I saw that she is listed as having won over 4 million dollars as a poker player.  That is just one more reason why I don't want her to win the money at the end.  I would love to see James win, since he has been a good player, as well as a fun guy to watch.  But, I would also be happy with either Steve or Johnny Mac winning.  

I don't watch the live feeds, but I have been reading the spoilers.  So, here are a couple of questions regarding Vanessa.  I noticed that she must be taking some kind of medication, which I am assuming is because she is bipolar.  She is all over the place, one moment yelling, and the next moment crying.  Am I wrong?  And, what has she told the house guests that she does for a living?  I have never heard what lie she told them regarding her fake employment situation outside the house.

I truly hope that someone will send Vanessa packing soon, followed by Liz, Austin and Julia, in that order.  I think that love-sick Austin would want to leave on his own if Liz got voted off first.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Empty Re: Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by lipsis Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 pm

^^^

Medication - she takes medication for acne problems. I have no idea if she takes it for anything else. There has been nothing said about her being bipolar. I personally think a lot of it is game. The woman risks 100's of thousands of dollars without blinking an eye at the poker table. I've seen her several times and she is always calm and levelheaded.

Career - she hasn't lied about what she does for a living but she hasn't elaborated. She told them she used to be a professional gambler and now she was a DJ. This is true mostly. She does still make the greater part of her income gambling but she spends more time being a DJ. She also told Austin that if she doesn't win the game she will okay financially. Technically the only thing the HG's don't know is the level of poker player she was (former #2 female in the world) but she hasn't been highly ranked in several years because she enjoys her music now and spends less time gambling.

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Samuel10Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Samuel10 Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Family10Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Samuel15Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:02 am

Longhornfan wrote:Okay, this is the first Big Brother season that I have ever watched from the very beginning.  I only started watching BB last year.  The only remaining players that I even like are James, Meg, Johnny Mac and Steve.  I simply can not stand Vanessa, and Austin and the twins are not far behind either.

I finally read the bio for Vanessa, and I saw that she is listed as having won over 4 million dollars as a poker player.  That is just one more reason why I don't want her to win the money at the end.  I would love to see James win, since he has been a good player, as well as a fun guy to watch.  But, I would also be happy with either Steve or Johnny Mac winning.  

I don't watch the live feeds, but I have been reading the spoilers.  So, here are a couple of questions regarding Vanessa.  I noticed that she must be taking some kind of medication, which I am assuming is because she is bipolar.  She is all over the place, one moment yelling, and the next moment crying.  Am I wrong?  And, what has she told the house guests that she does for a living?  I have never heard what lie she told them regarding her fake employment situation outside the house.

I truly hope that someone will send Vanessa packing soon, followed by Liz, Austin and Julia, in that order.  I think that love-sick Austin would want to leave on his own if Liz got voted off first.

It`s always difficult watching when your favourites are on the outs. I stopped watching about half way through last season as I just couldn`t stand anyone. This season is pretty good for me as it`s a fairly evenly split between those I like and those I don`t. Like you, I can`t stand Austin and the twit twins. I like Steve, James, Meg and Johnny Mac. Vanessa on the other hand has a special place all her own. While she is not one of my favourites, she is actually playing the game. She is winning comps and thinking all the time. Most of her crying is strategy and unlike the unholy trinity, she seems to realise it is a game and doesn`t really take things that personally. I have to give props to anyone who does that and since it seems that she will put up Julia as the replacement for James, I may even start liking her a little.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks, Lipsis and Sprite.  I did not know that much about Vanessa.  I read on one of the spoiler sites that she told one of the house guests that she was screaming at that she was sorry, because she had not taken her meds yet that morning.  So, I put two and two together and decided that she must be bipolar.

Anyway, it is hard to believe that she is not at least someone who is overly emotional at the very least.  If all of that yelling and crying is just her playing a game, then she is quite the actress.  However, it may all backfire on her at the end.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:58 am

She may very well be taking other meds for something. I just cant verify what and I dont want to speculate about someone's medical issues. Prescription drugs are given out in the diary room as opposed to OTC drugs which are allowed in the house.

I used to watch a bit of poker so the only Vanessa I know is her Lady Maverick persona and how she is in the house. They are completely different personalities. The real Vanessa is probably somewhere in the middle.

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Samuel10Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Samuel10 Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Family10Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Samuel15Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Seanca10
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:16 pm

Oh, that is interesting to know about how they handle dispensing prescription drugs, as opposed to the OTC ones.  But, considering that there are camera everywhere, I guess that that would make sense and protect the privacy of the contestants.

My biggest problem with Vanessa is how she comes across as so high strung and can flip the switch in a second.  I don't like how she has talked to and treated some of the other people there, whether it is her "game" or her true self shining through.  Someone on BB (Liz I believe) compared her to Audrey, in how unhinged she became before getting evicted.

But, like I said, I don't have much to compare this season to.  If Vanessa, Austin, Liz or Julia end up winning the money at the end, it will ruin the season for me.  But, unless something good happens soon, that seems to be where it is heading.  But, right now I am hoping that someone there will be able to take all four of them down, and send them to the jury.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:06 pm

At POV ceremony today James took himself off the block. Julia was put up as a pawn. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, Meg will be evicted on Thursday.

That being said, for those of us looking for an Austwins eviction, both Steve and JMac intend to put Austin and Liz up when they win HOH. With DE this Thursday, it's possible we get a mental comp, like before/after, that Steve would be good at. Although, he thinks the DE is a week from Thursday so hopefully his plans don't change.

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:14 pm

These houseguests are morons. They have a chance to breakup the trio and they are going the other way.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:03 pm

From their point of view they were waiting to get the numbers on their side and, let's face it, the Austwins aren't comp beasts. No one really looks to Julia as a threat so of you want to make a move go for the bigger threat and heart of the trio (Liz). If Liz goes, it breaks up two duos.

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:30 pm

They practiced for what will probably be the second HOH comp tomorrow night. The first one will most likely be something they can do quickly like questions, specifically 'before or after.'

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 24 Image12

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:12 am

Update:

If you didn't see the live show
1) Meg was evicted 4-1
2) Liz won HOH
3) James and Johnny were nominated
4) Julia won POV and didnt use it
5) James was evicted

And the second HOH of the night is....STEVE

lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:16 am

Good! It will be good entertainment watching Steve squirm over his decision about who to put up. I'd hate to be in his shoes though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Big Brother - Season 17 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+12
timfan
leselihau
AllAboutLove
Bronwyn
sharivh