SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 32 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 32 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:33 am

chasingpavements wrote:Abby Drapper, a blogger, attended the MTA and these are a few things she said about Ben. Have to admit, I'm starting to really like him. (source:abbydrapper.tumblr.com)

- First, these men love each other. A lot. Like, when JJ was in the hot seat and being picked on, Ben H. interrupted to tell everyone that when Ben H. was sent home, JJ reached out and asked if he wanted to grab a beer. Ben H. continued to say that JJ was a great dude, and they were good friends.
- Speaking of breaks from filming… during all of them, the ABC crew came out to not only touch up makeup, but to also bring the Bachelor’s shots of booze. Naturally, for Kaitlyn it was white wine, but the rest of the guys and the Bachelor in Paradise cast in attendance took a shot or two every time the film stopped rolling. I was also told that they had been on a “party bus” prior to arriving to the set. I get it, I was ready for a cocktail after eleven minutes, but I was surprised at how saucy they wanted to be on camera.
Except Ben H. He refused booze through the entire taping. In fact, he was so visibly uncomfortable to be there it fed the crowd. If you watched, you heard some of it last night, but the women in the audience went crazy with cheers and applause any time he did anything. There are some man-(pseudo celeb) hungry women in Los Angeles.
Okay... this actually makes me think that Ben H may not want to be lead nor really wanted to be on TBette as time passed.
This was speculated awhile back but honestly, from this perspective I can see Ben just wanting to run away from this show.
It may even explain his stiffness on the show and on MTA.
I actually agree with Abby that Ben may just be uncomfortable with the whole thing.
Just too normal for the Hollywood world, imo.
Most of the other guys have dabbled in modeling, fitness, or acting (Jared, Shawn, Nick, Ben Z, etc,...).
And perhaps he sounds a bit scripted b/c he was....
In fact, the most real I found Ben was when he told Kaitlyn he didn't want to be "spinning his wheels".
Perhaps Ben H just doesn't have the personality to deal with TPTB shenanigans nor want to be a puppet.
He certainly seems uncomfortable doing so, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 32 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by OnePromise Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:59 am

AllAboutLove wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:Abby Drapper, a blogger, attended the MTA and these are a few things she said about Ben. Have to admit, I'm starting to really like him. (source:abbydrapper.tumblr.com)

- First, these men love each other. A lot. Like, when JJ was in the hot seat and being picked on, Ben H. interrupted to tell everyone that when Ben H. was sent home, JJ reached out and asked if he wanted to grab a beer. Ben H. continued to say that JJ was a great dude, and they were good friends.
- Speaking of breaks from filming… during all of them, the ABC crew came out to not only touch up makeup, but to also bring the Bachelor’s shots of booze. Naturally, for Kaitlyn it was white wine, but the rest of the guys and the Bachelor in Paradise cast in attendance took a shot or two every time the film stopped rolling. I was also told that they had been on a “party bus” prior to arriving to the set. I get it, I was ready for a cocktail after eleven minutes, but I was surprised at how saucy they wanted to be on camera.
Except Ben H. He refused booze through the entire taping. In fact, he was so visibly uncomfortable to be there it fed the crowd. If you watched, you heard some of it last night, but the women in the audience went crazy with cheers and applause any time he did anything. There are some man-(pseudo celeb) hungry women in Los Angeles.
Okay... this actually makes me think that Ben H may not want to be lead nor really wanted to be on TBette as time passed.
This was speculated awhile back but honestly, from this perspective I can see Ben just wanting to run away from this show.
It may even explain his stiffness on the show and on MTA.
I actually agree with Abby that Ben may just be uncomfortable with the whole thing.
Just too normal for the Hollywood world, imo.
Most of the other guys have dabbled in modeling, fitness, or acting (Jared, Shawn, Nick, Ben Z, etc,...).
And perhaps he sounds a bit scripted b/c he was....
In fact, the most real I found Ben was when he told Kaitlyn he didn't want to be "spinning his wheels".
Perhaps Ben H just doesn't have the personality to deal with TPTB shenanigans nor want to be a puppet.
He certainly seems uncomfortable doing so, imo.

Yes, I agree. I almost thought that they leaked that Ben H. was chosen to try and sway him to sign. He must be hesitant after seeing this season and IMO production wanted him to see how much he was loved by fans and swooning girls. So they released that he had been chosen to entice him to actually consider signing.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:03 am

^I don't think production would be that desperate to have him sign on when they have Ben Z. there. Unless of course the network is pushing for him.

Interesting tweets from JJ today.

[ltr]@jjhlane[/ltr]

12h12 hours ago
Next Bachelor NEEDS to be @benhiggi. He is above reproach and will respect the process. Plus my daughter adores him. #TeamBenH

[ltr]@jjhlane[/ltr]

12h12 hours ago
@YouCallMeSassy He is VERY different than Chris. You sadly didn't get to see the @benhiggi we all know and love. ABC knows what they have!

JJ and Ben are close so I'm sure he would know Ben's status as TB. Ben also fave'd the first tweet though he could just be appreciating his buddies support.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:40 am

BlackHalo wrote:Interesting tweets from JJ today.
@jjhlane 12 hours ago
Next Bachelor NEEDS to be @benhiggi. He is above reproach and will respect the process. Plus my daughter adores him. #TeamBenH
Interesting indeed. Reproach ... not respecting the process ... makes me assume that was part of this season ... which diverted the plans (schedule - travel). Interesting thoughts also about Ben's "comfort" and TPTB's persuasion... we'll see.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:31 am

That was interesting to read about Ben at the MTA. I think I may have been too harsh in my opinion about him the other night. I didn't realize he may have just been uncomfortable to be there. He seems like a really nice guy and good for him for sticking up for JJ.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:39 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I don't know. I got the feeling that Ben isn't as big a fan of Shawn as his SM or whatever else may suggest otherwise. I think that is just him doing the politically correct thing since he knows K is with Shawn and he is in consideration for next lead.

That Ben H even likes IG posts by Nick says to me that while he may be TB-bros with Shawn he is not a fan of his to the point of sharing Shawn's views on Nick. TWT but I think Ben H probably is not that pro-Shawn or Kaitlyn, imo. I think he saw the whole thing as a bit beneath him, how they went about it.

Even when describing on MTA that Kaitlyn came to the room in SA, Ben said Kailtyn talked with BOTH him and Shawn for 6 hours - "all three of us". Yet Shawn made it seem like it was just him and Kaitlyn talking for 6 hours with him telling the handler/producer offcamera "she came to MY room and we talked for 6-7 hours". No implication that she talked to both guys for 6-7 hours. Ben H set the record straight that HE was there too, and did so on purpose, imo.

Ben said it was when he went to take a shower and came back into the room "Everything stopped. I could tell something happened that I wasn't welcome here."

I have the same feeling. I don't think he's #TeamShawn really. On MTA, when Tanner was grilling Kaitlyn about her Nick fixation during the weeks from NYC to Dublin, Ben looked kind of tickled. I took a SC, but it doesn't really show it as well as a GIF would. He just looked like he was really enjoying that little interrogation and not really buying what Kait was selling.

teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 32 Ben10
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:44 am

Ben said in a written interview that he and Shawn were best friends in the house and he was biased because of that, so he was #teamshawn for the finale. And he, Cupcake, and Shawn always bring one another up, so it's not too far fetched to think they were a "posse". Plus, in an interview with E, Ben said that he talks to Shawn and Chris almost everyday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:46 am

BlackHalo wrote:^I don't think production would be that desperate to have him sign on when they have Ben Z. there. Unless of course the network is pushing for him.

Interesting tweets from JJ today.

[ltr]@jjhlane[/ltr]

12h12 hours ago

[ltr]@jjhlane[/ltr]

12h12 hours ago
@YouCallMeSassy He is VERY different than Chris. You sadly didn't get to see the @benhiggi we all know and love. ABC knows what they have!

JJ and Ben are close so I'm sure he would know Ben's status as TB. Ben also fave'd the first tweet though he could just be appreciating his buddies support.
So...what do these tweets mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 am

Me thinks the gig is his if he wants it. I hope he doesn't do it do, he can meet a nice girl without the show but the notoriety might be worth it for him, who knows with this pple no idea

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:20 am

I find him intelligent and smart with a bit of mischief inside... Which is a good combination for a lead. Personally i would advice against to anyone "dear to me", but if he would like to try out (for whatever reason), I still think he can pull it off reasonably and it all depends on his Character.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:56 am

Wouldn't be surprised if they're swapping facial reactions from different portions of the night. I do believe him when he says that's he close with Shawn, I see no reason for him to be faking their friendship.

teamshawn - Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 32 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:08 pm

bleuberry wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if they're swapping facial reactions from different portions of the night. I do believe him when he says that's he close with Shawn, I see no reason for him to be faking their friendship.

He's said more than once he's close to Shawn & talks to him almost every day. Perhaps Shawn is enlightening him firsthand as to how bad the manipulating can really be. I'm sure that would cause Ben to think twice or at least take his time considering.

Cupcake seems to have faded from the forefront, after having been in CH's 5 to Watch. He's also very good friends with Shawn. I've wondered if he's been the one to back away from interest in becoming next Bach, as opposed to the show not considering him.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 66 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+86
Linds911
MiniDiva
eliza3
TrishB
hdman