SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by leselihau Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
leselihau wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:If TPTB could get viewers for Chris Soules--they can get it for anyone.
Thinking even Weekend at Bernie's or the movie Ted.

Did you never like CS?  Because how did I completely get snowed under by that guy?  I can usually spot an azz from a mile away and somehow I completely missed that one.  Ugh...YUCK!
Did I "like" him? Hmm. I lived from 18-34 in an area of the rural midwest. I did not "love it". So subjectively, you would not be able to drag me to Arlington, Iowa unless my choice was far worse. That's me.
CS didn't overwhelm me from MEandI's season personality-wise, but what you see is certainly not what you get. 
Doing my own research on him, he didn't again, seem like someone who would normally have women flocking to him and thus his bachelor status made good sense. 
I don't usually "like" or "dislike" what we are shown on the show. That is all bells and whistles depending on the cast and edit. What generally forms my opinion is the stuff I can dig up on my own or the stuff other have dug up and then shared with me.

Smiley I live IN the rural Midwest and I do love it...so maybe that's what drew me to him in Andi's season. OK, that's it...I'm blaming it on that. :yes: And I like Whitney so I think that helped in the snowball effect. duh Lesson learned.

And now back on topic. If I believed all the garbage this show spewed I wouldn't like Nick, but I do...I think he's a pretty stand up, family oriented guy. But his coming on this show twice does give me reason to pause...just for a minute.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 45 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:26 pm

^^ They seem to be changing things up a lot this year though. Taking huge risks with the format even. Giving Nick SM access. Just all over the place with controversy. I don't see them choosing Nick but I do think he is someone they would choose if they wanted to go that way.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:30 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:People may not like Nick but they watch the show when he is on... highest ratings when he is on.
yes, because the majority who dislikes him wants to see him burn down ... expose his game ... prove that he is not to be trusted... laugh at his "mistakes
AllAboutLove wrote:So don't think it even matters who has more fans or not.
That's true, the guy who's gonna be the next lead doesn't need to have a lot of fans, because TPTB will start a campaign and an image portray to persuade people and gather new fans.
But if the audience already has a well defined perception of who the next lead is, and it's negative, it's so much harder to re-invent the image in a span of a month or 2.
AllAboutLove wrote:Ratings matter at the end of the day most to TPTB, not who is liked/disliked. Jmo
IMHO, it matters that people care ... they need to be invested enough to wish the lead to get "lucky" - at least at the beginning - and i don't see many people wishing that to Nick, especially when most comments are saying that Nick is not worthy of love, to be loved by any woman, not worthy of trust, because he is a player... and not even the sexy one.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:32 pm

leselihau wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
leselihau wrote:

Did you never like CS?  Because how did I completely get snowed under by that guy?  I can usually spot an azz from a mile away and somehow I completely missed that one.  Ugh...YUCK!
Did I "like" him? Hmm. I lived from 18-34 in an area of the rural midwest. I did not "love it". So subjectively, you would not be able to drag me to Arlington, Iowa unless my choice was far worse. That's me.
CS didn't overwhelm me from MEandI's season personality-wise, but what you see is certainly not what you get. 
Doing my own research on him, he didn't again, seem like someone who would normally have women flocking to him and thus his bachelor status made good sense. 
I don't usually "like" or "dislike" what we are shown on the show. That is all bells and whistles depending on the cast and edit. What generally forms my opinion is the stuff I can dig up on my own or the stuff other have dug up and then shared with me.

Smiley I live IN the rural Midwest and I do love it...so maybe that's what drew me to him in Andi's season.  OK, that's it...I'm blaming it on that.  :yes:   And I like Whitney so I think that helped in the snowball effect.   duh   Lesson learned.

And now back on topic.  If I believed all the garbage this show spewed I wouldn't like Nick, but I do...I think he's a pretty stand up, family oriented guy.  But his coming on this show twice does give me reason to pause...just for a minute.

As Possessionista said when asked whether Nick was a nice guy or an attention-seeker, "why can't he be both?". I think that's probably true for the majority of people on this show.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:37 pm

^^ Do I think Nick will be TB? No, for all the reasons listed, but I never say never when it comes to TPTB. However, TPTB had a chosen Bette and went with the fan favorite and there's been huge backlash now against her. So yes, getting that person in the role is important but at the end of the day, TPTB seem to be heading in a drama-drama direction more than ever before, and as long as they get their proposal (whether it lasts or not) they are fine. If the are going to go with nepotism, I think they will choose Ben Z.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Americans, as a culture, seem to enjoy building people up then tearing them down. The Bachelorette is no different. Sad to see.

I'm away from my computer and TV and am so obsessed with this forum, I'm reading your posts on my phone! 12 step program begins tomorrow!

Just had an awful thought, what if they have both Nick and Josh as Bachelor and only one stays.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:42 pm

TopShelf wrote:Americans, as a culture, seem to enjoy building people up then tearing them down.  The Bachelorette is no different.  Sad to see.
You know what's "funny", sadly but true ... from EU we see it that way too ... and it's USA's allure for the foreigners "building people up" ... because where I come from, the culture only knows the last part "tearing people down". So ... there you go, at least in US the expectations/ambition run high.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't see many women signing up for this show in hopes that Nick will be the guy. If they want a season where the women are complaining about who the lead is then Nick is their guy. He is a villain in this franchise and universally disliked. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:48 pm

TopShelf wrote:Americans, as a culture, seem to enjoy building people up then tearing them down.  The Bachelorette is no different.  Sad to see.

I'm away from my computer and TV and am so obsessed with this forum, I'm reading your posts on my phone!  12 step program begins tomorrow!

Just had an awful thought, what if they have both Nick and Josh as Bachelor and only one stays.

Oh, man, can you imagine? And, as much as this pains me to say since I'll always prefer the witty intellectual over the generic jock, Josh would win by a landslide.

It is funny that it's been a year and Andi's F2 are getting more talk than most of Kaitlyn's guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 pm

BlackHalo wrote:I don't see many women signing up for this show in hopes that Nick will be the guy. If they want a season where the women are complaining about who the lead is then Nick is their guy. He is a villain in this franchise and universally disliked. JMO.
I think CH touched on this... that the women really like Nick, like a moth to a flame, it is the guys that have most of the problems. But like you said, they could have women who are complaining about Nick and that would be drama already. (Ash had to deal with something similar about not being what the guys' wanted).

Plus, most of the women who dislike him when they meet him in person it may be another story completely! I always keep in mind that those women who even dislike Nick, or are not fans of his, when they meet him in person, somehow they end up taking selfies with him. Possessionista is the most recent one. happyfriday - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 45 3806527698 Heck, even most of the guys that meet him in person don't dislike him as much (unless F1s).

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Most of the 25 cast each season are not aware of who they are being cast for. Some of these have even been in a casting pool for awhile. I guess if given a choice to be on the show or not, they can still refuse.
Of the 25, there are some that couldn't care less who the lead is as their primary purpose might be air time or adventure vs finding a soul mate.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:56 pm

BlackHalo wrote:I don't see many women signing up for this show in hopes that Nick will be the guy. If they want a season where the women are complaining about who the lead is then Nick is their guy. He is a villain in this franchise and universally disliked. JMO.
If you check Nick's Instagram he has a lot of fans. IMO the producers could easily find 25 women who would be interested in Nick.

I've also heard from past seasons some of the contestants aren't interested in the lead. They go on the show for exposure and experience. They get cast to be a part of the producers storyboard.

The storyboard for this season was a former contestant would come back and Nick agreed.

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle