SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

Post by Lucas15 Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:41 am

agentcurls wrote:
nutty1 wrote:I think a lot of his so called anger and trust issues come from the way he is edited. They didn't have to show us only that part of him but they did. That was his "character" on the story board!

I do think that tptb lost their show to KaitBoo in the very early stages and this was one way to build one.
Shawn IS having trouble in the bubble, really falling prey to their manipulation. I see Nick having an easier time with it, possibly due to past experience.
I was hoping for an exchange of civilized apologies and handshakes ATFR, but with Nick's SM digs, I'm not sure this is possible.
I do find it interesting that Nick tattling on Shawn was left in the edit. It's part of the storyboard as Shawn has maintained that Nick can't be trusted.
What's even more confusing is we have seen footage of Shawn and Nick talking like buds (keeping each other's enemy closer?) and Shawn even put his arm near Nick on the couch this episode.  
I think they secretly like one another. And if it wasn't for this fight over Kait's love and affections, they would be bro-ing it up, personally.
One thing is for sure, Kaitlyn likes an analytical man.  Smiley  

I noticed that Shawn and Nick seem to be much better friends this last episode than one would have expected based on the edit given, but that doesn't fit the story line and they just couldn't edit it out without getting rid of too much else so they had to leave it in and just sort of glossed over it / ignored it.

IMO they did lose the season to Kaitboo and they had to create other drama around it because they couldn't stop it. IMO once Kaitlyn confessed the Nick sex to Shawn they lost that story line (while they might have wanted that to continue I think this is where Kaitlyn actually prevailed). They could no longer get under Kaitlyn's skin by making her believe Shawn would / could leave once he found out because she told him - and he didn't leave. They had to show it to viewers because it was a huge part of the story line up until then and then they had no choice but to find replacement drama.

The replacement drama is the epic confrontation between Shawn and Nick but I don't believe much of that is organic - it's a combination of producer manipulation and editing to showcase only that and I bet if we watch carefully we'll see chinks in that story line similar to what we saw last episode.

Last edited by Lucas15 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

Post by timfan Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:41 am

I rewatched the scene with Kaitlyn and nick on the couch and when nick told her it was shawn that was bragging about being Eskimo brothers Kaitlyn became really defensive and brought up that she only heard the guys say bad things about nick not shawn if I was nick and heard her say that I would know shawn is going to be her f1 because of the way she was sort of defending shawn jmo
timfan
timfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 am

timfan wrote:I rewatched the scene with Kaitlyn and nick on the couch and when nick told her it was shawn that was bragging about being Eskimo brothers Kaitlyn became really defensive and brought up that she only heard the guys say bad things about nick not shawn if I was nick and heard her say that I would know shawn is going to be her f1 because of the way she was sort of defending shawn jmo
She got so mad at him laugh out loud it was adorbs!! I wonder if she asked Shawn all about this adventure later but she was absolutely the defensive girlfriend when Nick brought it up. How he doesn't notice her overt and blatant preference for Shawn is beyond me. She asks Nick about the sex and to keep his silence but tells Shawn, gets defensive when Nick brings Shawn up but yet lets Shawn say whatever he wants about Nick, etc. Nick must have been totally brainwashed to propose after all this.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

timfan wrote:I rewatched the scene with Kaitlyn and nick on the couch and when nick told her it was shawn that was bragging about being Eskimo brothers Kaitlyn became really defensive and brought up that she only heard the guys say bad things about nick not shawn if I was nick and heard her say that I would know shawn is going to be her f1 because of the way she was sort of defending shawn jmo

I rewatched that scene yesterday (I hate to admit it but I rewatched it several times) and I saw Kaitlyn do exactly the same thing. Her initial reaction when Nick said that was to turn away with a sort of distasteful look on her face and then came back with the statement that she had never heard any of that from the other guys - the only one the other guys were saying things about was Nick.

That should have been a big clue to Nick that she was going to defend Shawn even to the extent that "the best defense is a good offense" - and she was perfectly willing to go offensive towards Nick to defend Shawn.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 am

Oh, I think Nick understood perfectly well at this point that Shawn was the frontrunner. I just don't think that Nick was quite ready to throw in the towel.

I don't dislike Shawn, but I haven't been seeing enough positive interaction with Kaitlyn for a while now. It's been nonstop drama between the two of them. Nick for the most part manages to have a good time with Kaitlyn and keeps the drama to a minimum. I like seeing Kaitlyn relaxed and happy when she is with him.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 am

I am not a Nick chick, but I am a fan of the show. Shawn has made it unbearable to watch. When we watch the show we always hope that the lead ends up with someone wonderful. Have we ever seen a lead end up with someone with such an ewwww factor? Someone who refers to the time spent in FS as 'banging other dudes', someone who bragged about having an eskimo bros connection with a country music star for effing the same chick, Someone who is so inarticulate, brooding, angry, jealous, and possessive? Not to mention we see ZERO 'love' here. Just a man who came in to get 'the girl'. I'm so over it.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:59 am

I have no problem with Nick giving Kaitlyn concrete examples of why he has no respect for Shawn. I wish they all did that instead of the vague insinuations and opinions stated as facts. "He's full of sh*t" and "he's manipulative" don't really tell you much. They could be based on something the person did or said, or it could simply be "male instinct" talking AKA worth nothing. When you give examples the other person can judge for themselves if they're bothered by them. Too bad for Nick, Kaitlyn doesn't seem bothered by much when it comes to Shawn. It's not like Nick was revealing some big secret. It was something Shawn himself was happy to brag about in the presence of TOG, or in the presence of enough guys for it to get back to TOG. And I totally believe he was bragging, since there would be no reason to even bring it up otherwise. Lame.

However, I don't think it was a smart move by Nick, because I don't think gossiping increases his attractiveness in Kaitlyn's eyes. If anything, it places him in the friend zone.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:10 am

Amethyst wrote: Oh, I think Nick understood perfectly well at this point that Shawn was the frontrunner. I just don't think that Nick was quite ready to throw in the towel.

I don't dislike Shawn, but I haven't been seeing enough positive interaction with Kaitlyn for a while now. It's been nonstop drama between the two of them. Nick for the most part manages to have a good time with Kaitlyn and keeps the drama to a minimum. I like seeing Kaitlyn relaxed and happy when she is with him.
Re: the bolded...it is eerily similar to the Nick/MeAndI & Josh/MeAndI story, with Nick playing his same role. Nick sampled the goodies with the 'ette first, the F1 is the stereotypical muscle-bound hothead and the other guys are just matter of time filler. 

Same old, same old. TPTB probably use dry-erase boards for the storyboards and just change the names. Rolling Eyes
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:30 am

jojo47 wrote:
@OnePromise wrote: If Kaitlyn and Shawn had sex...where would that have happened? And how would they have turned it around from Shawn's "you did what?" face in the bathroom recovery corner to his "gimme some of that" face? I just can't see him making peace with it that fast.

I saw Shawn's confidence towards Nick (and Ben) as a way to cover his insecurity in front of the "underdogs". He was not going to give Nick the satisfaction of telling him the night did not go as planned...no way! He would have to suck it up and put on that brave face to save face in front of "the other guy".

Agree with the bolded & will add that I would guess producers did not want Nick to know that Kaitlyn has confessed to Shawn. If Nick finds this out, he could interpret this as Kaitlyn wanting to protect her relationship with Shawn over keeping the privacy of their relationship intact. That wouldn't work very well for the show as it could derail getting Nick to the F2 spot.

I wouldn't be surprised that production told Shawn to go into the room & portray everything as being great. And I bet that suited Shawn just fine.

Ok, THIS (bolded above) I can see as a reason! I don't think Shawn is that good at hiding his true feelings/acting or smart enough to think of this himself. imo
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Nibbles22 wrote:I am not a Nick chick, but I am a fan of the show.  Shawn has made it unbearable to watch.  When we watch the show we always hope that the lead ends up with someone wonderful.  Have we ever seen a lead end up with someone with such an ewwww factor?  Someone who refers to the time spent in FS as 'banging other dudes', someone who bragged about having an eskimo bros connection with a country music star for effing the same chick,  Someone who is so inarticulate, brooding, angry, jealous, and possessive?  Not to mention we see ZERO 'love' here.  Just a man who came in to get 'the girl'.  I'm so over it.
I think Vienna and Courtney got that vibe. 
I do wonder if Vienna and Courtney were men vs women if that vibe would have been considerably less.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:27 pm

Alanna wrote:
She got so mad at him laugh out loud it was adorbs!! I wonder if she asked Shawn all about this adventure later but she was absolutely the defensive girlfriend when Nick brought it up. How he doesn't notice her overt and blatant preference for Shawn is beyond me. She asks Nick about the sex and to keep his silence but tells Shawn, gets defensive when Nick brings Shawn up but yet lets Shawn say whatever he wants about Nick, etc. Nick must have been totally brainwashed to propose after all this.

I love that, when someone runs back to the lead to tattletale on a front runner. She gave zero flying f*cks. laugh out loud.

It's soooo obvious that she sees herself as actually in a relationship with one of them.

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:50 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Nibbles22 wrote:I am not a Nick chick, but I am a fan of the show.  Shawn has made it unbearable to watch.  When we watch the show we always hope that the lead ends up with someone wonderful.  Have we ever seen a lead end up with someone with such an ewwww factor?  Someone who refers to the time spent in FS as 'banging other dudes', someone who bragged about having an eskimo bros connection with a country music star for effing the same chick,  Someone who is so inarticulate, brooding, angry, jealous, and possessive?  Not to mention we see ZERO 'love' here.  Just a man who came in to get 'the girl'.  I'm so over it.
I think Vienna and Courtney got that vibe. 
I do wonder if Vienna and Courtney were men vs women if that vibe would have been considerably less.
I think both Vienna and Courtney were controversial F1's no question.  Courtney was full of snark and entertaining to watch, while Jake & Vienna both made that season something you'd rather forget altogether, much like this season.  I think for all intent and purposes, I was referring to the male F1's.  For the most part, the women all picked classy men, who really were marriage material, and someone you'd be proud to take home to meet the parents so to speak.  This season we have a F1, who displays no class whatsoever, is miserable to watch, and can't seem to fully articulate a conversation as to put two sentences together.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

+37
Ariela
mysthelma
happygolucky
BlackHalo
bluwavz
albean99
Newto
ElonM
Bet2Win
mprssdbyu
bleuberry