SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

opera - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Haha. I am fine with the ending, however it is.
I will say though, that I think all girls can do better than Sam.

I was never watching for Sam in the first place.
He's not bad but he's not great either, imo.
He seems easily swayed by his senses as well (by how someone makes him feel more than his own feelings, imo)

I was actually laughing at Sam on his date with Lana.
Poor guy.. one minute he wants kids, another he wants someone who gets him and he can fully be himself with, another minute he wants to settle down and then voila, now he wants to be cultured and travel the world.

I cannot believe this guy is 35.
He's blown away by someone living in Mexico. He literally looked in awe of that detail.
If he spent his vacations in places other than Bali kissing Bec maybe he would be more cultured?

opera - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 3806527698
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

opera - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:48 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I cannot believe this guy is 35.
He's blown away by someone living in Mexico. He literally looked in awe of that detail.
If he spent his vacations in places other than Bali kissing Bec maybe he would be more cultured? opera - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 3806527698
thumbsup cantstopl on this I agree big time.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:50 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:

I cannot believe this guy is 35.
If he spent his vacations in places other than Bali kissing Bec maybe he would be more cultured?

opera - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 3806527698

Lets keep some perspective on Mexico. I don't know where you are from AAL. But Bali is like mexico for Aussies. It is a frequent vacation spot. But Mexico is exotic to Aussies. Its a long long away and not a very common place to visit for them.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:59 pm

robinvi wrote:Lets keep some perspective on Mexico. I don't know where you are from AAL. But Bali is like mexico for Aussies. It is a frequent vacation spot. But Mexico is exotic to Aussies. Its a long long away and not a very common place to visit for them.
I understand the vacation spot and what is exotic and not exotic to different countries and understand why Sam would see it that way since he is not well-traveled, doesn't know/speak other languages, etc. I am from South Africa, have lived and do live in other countries and traveled and spent time immersed in other cultures/multi-lingual, so my perspective is extremely biased.

Lana could have said Jamaica or Egypt or Ukraine or Chile or Botswana or Japan or pick-any-country. The country didn't matter so much... it was Sam's reaction. I understand not everyone can do all the things they want and he has spent his life building his business, but at age 35, I would think if travel was that high a priority on his list of passionate pursuits he would have slotted some time out to travel.

To me, it just shows that they are world's apart, imo, that he was so easily impressed with that. It's like he gets to expand his world just by the association of someone else that has done this. The problem is, imo, that is no substitute for experiencing these things oneself. It's like he gets to "purchase" the idea of expanding his world rather than having done so on his own and thus maybe becoming more of a whole person (b/c I don't see Sam as whole person at 35, to me, he is still searching for his identity, imo).

It is why I see him choosing Lana or Snez because they offer something different and exotic (he has used that word as well as mysterious and interesting for both of them), something he has never had before and thus the allure of this and his own sheltered world (imho) is what makes it more enticing. If Sam was actually even average-traveled, he would not be impressed with that detail. That he is? Says a lot to me personally.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:30 pm

well put AAL ... the Sam's reaction reminded me of my friend, who was all "ears" about my travels, although lately I can't afford to travel far much, while she keeps "vacationing" in Turkey 3-times a year ... and then she's like "but i want to see the rest of the world" ... mmmh, right, she's financially able to travel but she chooses only one destination. So if Sam wanted ... he would make it happen ... but obviously he preferred other places, people, ...

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:09 pm

I just watched the episodes are Sam seems really into Lana. She may indeed be F1 because he appears smitten and his ITMs and voice overs lean towards him choosing her. I can however see how it wont be received well by the public simply because the edit is playing up the originals Vs intruders while showing the girls who have already invested time hurting. Heather, Snez and Sarah obviously are not bitter but they are clearly hurt and the public who are invested in them will find it difficult to warm to Lana. The edit is making Sam seem shallow, and cold with a short attention span and Lana seem smug and this a love story does not tell. I cannot believe they didnot show a QT with Heather or Snez! In my head, he just dumoed them while he saw a new toy and that is what most people will think too. If he ends up picking her (no skin off my nose) there are some who will feel they just saw Blake 2.0. Sam and Lana's story could have been edited better to endear even the best of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to root for them.
He is all over the place with his emotions, his words, which will be a bit hard for his chosen one to contend with watching back.
I honestly have no idea who he is going to end up with tbh opera - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood -  (Male) -  Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 61 3806527698 And this is why Iam going to cheer for my girl as opposed to cheering for Sam's love story....better for my state of mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 pm

I can honestly say that I don't know many who are cheering for Sam.
Most seem to be cheering for one of the women, and I think this is very telling.
I personally think all of them can do better (especially Snez and Heather, F1 or not).

ITA that Sam is all over the place.
Even now he seems gleeful about no one knowing his F1 nearly 4 months later and having viewing parties where he is so excited about watching himself on tv with all these women.
For a 35 year old he doesn't seem to have a very sure footing of who he is or what he wants.
His interests change with a new brunette.
Goodness knows what would have happened if Snez 2.0 came onto the show instead of Rachel.

I like to be behind the lead and support the lead.
It makes for a better and more enjoyable journey but I have to admit I am not liking how he is handling the journey.
He seemed to cop out when coming into that room and only then it became serious to him?
Literally at F6 and a few weeks before the finale and only then did he realize things were serious?

Sorry, nope. No pass go. No collecting 200 dollars.
I am not buying this super genuine talk.
I feel like a lot may be left on the cutting floor for a reason and it is b/c it is negative regarding Sam.
I have a feeling he was telling a lot of the girls what they wanted to hear.

That there is no ATFR is all I need to know that things are not 100%.
Otherwise the network would be wanting to celebrate this love story and show how it lasts after filming and redeem last year's debacle where there was also no ATFR.
Instead, they are promoting the heck out of another Sam... the Bette.
Perhaps because she had a more genuine/redeeming season?
TWT...
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:06 pm

After last year's debacle I would think the producers would want a better storyline. They can't control what happens after the cameras are switched off, but they can control the storyline of the show. I see no reason for them to highlight Heather as much as they have done unless she is the one. If Sam lets her go I believe there will be a backlash that will cast shadows on the Bachelorette Sam's journey. I try to find reasons to why TPTB would put themselves in that awkward position....and I can't find any. JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Glowworm, keeping the hope alive.
I totally agree with the edit.
Even in this episode Sam says love of my life and the camera pans to Heather.
Not sure what TPTB are doing but if it is negative then they may be going down the path of the US version now that they are in their 3rd season where heartbreak/drama and negativity gets the ratings more than focusing on the lovestory.
If that is the case it is sad.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Glowworm2 wrote:After last year's debacle I would think the producers would want a better storyline. They can't control what happens after the cameras are switched off, but they can control the storyline of the show. I see no reason for them to highlight Heather as much as they have done unless she is the one. If Sam lets her go I believe there will be a backlash that will cast shadows on the Bachelorette Sam's journey. I try to find reasons to why TPTB would put themselves in that awkward position....and I can't find any. JMHO

ITA - I haven't watched the episode yet but I just can't see the producers creating this fantastic storyline around Heather if she is not F1. The BachAu fans were already pissed off after last season so why insense them further by having their favourite heart broken.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Episode 16 (17.09.15): As Sam The Bachelor's search for love continues, which Australian beauty will be sent home heartbroken after yet another dramatic rose ceremony?

:nervous no idea affraid  hissyfit hissyfit I wanna know!

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:52 pm

happygolucky wrote:Episode 16 (17.09.15): As Sam The Bachelor's search for love continues, which Australian beauty will be sent home heartbroken after yet another dramatic rose ceremony?

:nervous no idea affraid  hissyfit hissyfit I wanna know!
I'm confused...
Ep 15 = FD (3 girls)
Ep 16 = MTP? or continuation of FD with RC?  
I wonder if Ep 15 will be a "To Be Continued" and then Ep 16 will start with a RC and F2 meeting his family?
scratch

Week 8 (Sept 16 & 17)
Episode 15: As his big decision looms, Sam has planned three day-long dates with the remaining bachelorettes to help him decide which two he will bring home to Tasmania to meet his family.
Episode 16: As Sam The Bachelor's search for love continues, which Australian beauty will be sent home heartbroken after yet another dramatic rose ceremony?
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+35
nikikass
AllAboutLove
mercieme
iamreal2u
happygolucky
AEF
MissB
ElonM
natik
Kapiti
Sundy