SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 38 of 78 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 pm

Yeah, bachelor gigs usually pay 80k-100k. I'm guessing some guys like jake got paid less, whereas some guys like Chris lambton got offered A LOT more. If i had to guess, Ben probably got paid close to the high end (if not more), since he was really their only viable option this year. IMO. 

In terms of his job...I had heard that was part of the reason that negotiations took so long, b/c he wanted to ensure he would be able to go back and have a job waiting. I don't want to get into specifics, but I got the sense he's a hard-worker and ambitious so I would imagine he'll get that promotion months after returning. He's already doing pretty well for himself, since he's only 3 years out of college and is already a homeowner.

Last edited by chasingpavements on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:56 pm

JMOAA, but unless specifics can be quoted for salaries offered for the show or by cast past/previous employment we are speculating vs stating facts.
So please let's preface this as IMO.
Also a reminder regarding comments of other posters. TY.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Nick is doing great he has a great job and is modeling at this time.  I am a TEAM NICK and never wanted him to be the Bachelor. So IMO everything went well for both men. I just hope for Bens sake they give him a great group of girls and he stays true to himself . JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:04 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
reason wrote:Isn't he giving up a promotion for the show that to me is quitting.  Working hard to get to where you are just to give up a promotion for a reality tv gig is stupid beyond belief.  You all say US Mag is bachelor/ette gospel read it again they say he is giving up promoted to do the show.  Sorry to me it aint worth it in this economy.

I am confused about this bolded.
Has it been proven to be true that a) he received a promotion b) that if he had it turned it down for the show.
I don't remember seeing this anywhere to indicate fact and I would hate to see something grow wings and fly.

I know this was reported by US Weekly when they broke the news that he was TB. Many took that exclusive as 100% gospel that he got the gig, but seems to discount everything else in the article.

Clearly, they could be making this up, but it seems like if they got the part about him being TB right, then there is a chance the part about him passing up a promotion may also be true. There is no proof in this situations, and of course is subject to your own opinion.

Being said, I don't fault Ben if he did do that, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that most in his position wouldn't pass up.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:08 pm

rosesrREd wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
reason wrote:Isn't he giving up a promotion for the show that to me is quitting.  Working hard to get to where you are just to give up a promotion for a reality tv gig is stupid beyond belief.  You all say US Mag is bachelor/ette gospel read it again they say he is giving up promoted to do the show.  Sorry to me it aint worth it in this economy.

Has it been proven to be true that a) he received a promotion b) that if he had it turned it down for the show.
I don't remember seeing this anywhere to indicate fact and I would hate to see something grow wings and fly.

I know this was reported by US Weekly when they broke the news that he was TB.   Many took that exclusive as 100% gospel that he got the gig,  but seems to discount everything else in the article.

Clearly, they could be making this up, but it seems like if they got the part about him being TB right, then there is a chance the part about him passing up a promotion may also be true.   There is no proof in this situations,  and of course is subject to your own opinion.

Being said, I don't fault Ben if he did do that, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that most in his position wouldn't pass up.

I think there were several members on this forum that had "heard" tell of Ben H being TB before US Weekly came out with that article. I know I had. :Nod:
I had never heard he had any issues regarding job promotions and that was why I was questioning it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:

I know this was reported by US Weekly when they broke the news that he was TB.   Many took that exclusive as 100% gospel that he got the gig,  but seems to discount everything else in the article.

Clearly, they could be making this up, but it seems like if they got the part about him being TB right, then there is a chance the part about him passing up a promotion may also be true.   There is no proof in this situations,  and of course is subject to your own opinion.

I think there were several members on this forum that had "heard" tell of Ben H being TB before US Weekly came out with that article. I know I had. :Nod:
I had never heard he had any issues regarding job promotions and that was why I was questioning it.

I understand why you're questioning it. But, even though there were rumors about it being Ben, the US Weekly article sealed the deal for most.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by TrishB Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:46 am

Ben H seems to be a very accomplished young man. He is quite smart, well-spoken, hard-working, appears to be genuine and a stand-up guy, plus very independent and self-sufficient (homeowner, etc). We have no confirmation of any possible job loss IMO. For all we know, he could've arranged things in a way that he could come back to it, with no problems and even consider a promotion then, If indeed he was offered one. This is what I think about Nick as well, his professional life was secure, and IMO it never represented an issue when it came to him going on the show two times...The same would've been if he had been offered the Bachelor gig IMO.
As far as I am concerned, I will "pretend" that Ben H is just a "new" and very eligible bachelor TPTB scouted for the lead...If you think of it, we never really saw much of him, never got a chance to have his stint on the show be in-depth at all. As a matter of fact, it was quite on the superficial level, even at the MTA he was not the focus at all, very little exposure IMO. This, to me, will make his season somewhat refreshing and interesting. We will not have a shortage of crazy and drama, courtesy of the girls he gets, needless to say, haha! I am of the inclination to think that Ben H will not put-up with too much of that, and will weed through the trouble women in a smart and tactful manner...The more I think about Ben H being the lead, the more interested I get (even though my pick was always Nick :yes:) So looking forward to watch that beautiful face of his on my screen next January :cutesmile!:

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 Daniel12

"If I have seen far, It is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Quoted by my beloved son Daniel on his HS Yearbook, June 2001 - Photo taken in Cusco, Peru by his best friend Thomas
TrishB
TrishB

Female Posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Did anyone see RS's tweets? He's basically saying that Ben h will be named bachelor on Monday, but there will possibly be a misdirection this weekend. I wonder if nick will be flown out to la? Or if a tabloid will release something about tenley/Ben?

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Don't they have Joe Bailey to be scheduled for After Paradise? Can't think of a worse guy to have when Ben H is on the show. But then again, Ben H will look even better (not hard to do for a good guy).

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:13 pm

I think he is just speculating like everyone and his use of the word "possibly" indicates he does not know for sure of any misdirection. At this point I don't think the producers are planning any elaborate misdirection. IMHO

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove   The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 1f49b   The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 38 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:54 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they had Nick on the After Paradise show to give his input as he tweets and was a guest on Huffington Post's podcast recap for last week's episode.  He is funny.  And it would be a great misdirect.  People would think that they were announcing him just to bring Ben out at the end of the show.  Again using Nick for the shock and awe factor.  They like using him for what he is best at.  giggling

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:02 pm

OnePromise wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they had Nick on the After Paradise show to give his input as he tweets and was a guest on Huffington Post's podcast recap for last week's episode.  He is funny.  And it would be a great misdirect.  People would think that they were announcing him just to bring Ben out at the end of the show.  Again using Nick for the shock and awe factor.  They like using him for what he is best at.  giggling

I think so too. Nick tweeted this.

Nick Viall ‏@viallnicholas28 11m11 minutes ago
It was fun Miami!! Back to Chicago… at least till Sunday.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 78 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+85
Aunties_Love
Bachinfo
leselihau
crazyjaney78
lovebites8727
MiaHawk
quietpal
Kels0012
luvlady345
metalgirl
luvstx