SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 40 of 78 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by whit90 Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:25 pm

^^^
This is just my opinion I think Nick played along as though he wanted the Bachelor gig. He is great friends with Élan and most of the producers on this show like him. They wanted to think Ben H was not the lead because it was quite obvious he was getting the gig. I think Nick played along with them for the fun and suspense of it. I really think he thought about at first but after talking with his family and knowing he would leave a great job that he loves and seems to be paid very well for it. It was not worth it this time around. I think he is at a great place right now with his job, life, and new modeling gig that approached him. I know that he wishes Ben the best but it was time for him to step away from TPTB. He came out of this season much better than last and that is all he could ask for. I really still to this day think that he only went on this show for K but things worked out best for both parties. Not the girl Nick thought she was when it truly came down to it.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:31 pm

I agree with you, Whit. :Nod:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm waiting for the final verdict but until then want to share why I think Ben H could be a great choice.

IMO he is "still water running deep". Along with his imposing height - 6'4 always makes an initial impact - during season 11 he handled every situation with uncanny ease: the sex Ed GD presentation, Shawn's frenzy at the San Antonio cocktail party, Kaitlyn and her "virgin" question. I like that quiet intensity and suspect behind it all is a man amused and intellectually astute. IMO these traits would unsettle candidates just enough to fluster them and make for fun initial encounters. It's possible he gives off a bit of a mysterious vibe in person... the boyish charm that possibly hides a slightly naughty kinda guy. So little is known about him at this point which could serve up surprises.
He can be no nonsense as shown when he directly confronted K about what happened when he was in the shower.  That showed fortitude and perceptiveness plus a talent for cutting through the chaff to get to the substance instead of letting things fester. A good trait for a lead.
I honestly didn't feel he was very interested in K so it would be intriguing to see how he would respond to those he is interested in.
He was one of the better communicators of the season.  He asked about Kaitlyn's tattooes at the m&g instead of only talking about himself like many did as if they were in a job interview. He is a good listener.
When he talked about his previous relationship, he framed it by talking about his responsibility in the failure. This shows maturity and reflectiveness.
Overall, I think he would be an interesting choice. I could see many ladies being eager to vie for his attention and I think his humor may be wry and make for subtle fun.
I don't think he would be boring. Smiley

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:31 pm

My personal feeling is he was targeted initially the day TPTB got him on 'Ette to be the next TB.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Kashathediva wrote:My personal feeling is he was targeted initially the day TPTB got him on 'Ette to be the next TB.

:yes:

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:51 pm

I agree that it was time for him to step away, though I do think the decision was made for him because there's no way he was going to say 'thanks, but no thanks' to that opportunity IMO.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 40 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:53 pm

whit90 wrote:^^^
This is just my opinion I think Nick played along as though he wanted the Bachelor gig. He is great friends with Élan and most of the producers on this show like him. They wanted to think Ben H was not the lead because it was quite obvious he was getting the gig. I think Nick played along with them for the fun and suspense of it. I really think he thought about at first but after talking with his family and knowing he would leave a great job that he loves and seems to be paid very well for it. It was not worth it this time around. I think he is at a great place right now with his job, life, and new modeling gig that approached him. I know that he wishes Ben the best but it was time for him to step away from TPTB. He came out of this season much better than last and that is all he could ask for. I really still to this day think that he only went on this show for K but things worked out best for both parties. Not the girl Nick thought she was when it truly came down to it.
Great posting, Whit and ITA. It all works out in the end. Probably. Hugesmile
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:59 pm

I can see Nick saying thanks but no thanks. He has been busy with his new found modelling career. I think he might have been open to the idea, but after the opportunities that have come his way, his focus has shifted IMHO.

It seems Ben was from day one a possible choice, but there has also been sleuthing tips that suggested Nick was also in consideration. We can spin it any way we want, he was the 2nd choice, the Arie guy, etc, but IMO I think it certainly was on their agenda to explore the possibility.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Bottom line is, Nick is not going to be the Bachelor, but his name was put out as a possible Bachelor in addition to Ben H:

... by media, Fleiss tweeting when FRC episode came and even tweeting his name, by Elan, by Chris H on After Paradise, even Amy K (who tweeted that she heard both Ben and Nick were in consideration), other Bach Alum (including Andi) bringing up Nick's name, the Nightline interview where the reporter said to Nick "Why don't you become the Bachelor? I think you'd make a great Bachelor. #TeamNick", as well as others.

So yes, Nick is not going to be the Bachelor but based on what was sleuthed Nick's name was in the running and the media more than anyone other than Ben H. It can be spinned either way (as bait and hook, etc) but it still remains a fact that Nick's name was out there and serious or not, it's still pretty cool that Nick had media and even past Bach Alums giving him approval for the role and that "Nick is sincere about love" was the spin they gave. After two stints on this show, and for a polarizing guy whose motives were questioned, that's not too shabby, IMHO.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:32 pm

I am excited for Monday if/when Ben is announced as the Bachelor so Nick can stop being mentioned in this thread

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:36 pm

But when you aren't the lead, there isn't much else for you to do laugh out loud. Life goes on. Now he can model and sell clothes and liketoknowit to his heart's content.

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 40 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:19 pm

loveactually9 wrote:I am excited for Monday if/when Ben is announced as the Bachelor so Nick can stop being mentioned in this thread

+1000000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 78 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 59 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+85
Aunties_Love
Bachinfo
leselihau
crazyjaney78
lovebites8727
MiaHawk
quietpal
Kels0012
luvlady345
metalgirl
luvstx