SELECT CONTENT

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by Diana Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:02 pm

literally no way she should be doing a TED talk...
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 Empty Re: Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

Post by bleuberry Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:03 pm

laugh out loud Peggy, I kinda like seeing her doing other things, good for her.

I think she's been preparing for this talk for a while, I'm definitely interested in seeing it.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 pm

The best thing these two have done since filming wrapped in May, 6 months ago, was partner with Nick on Movember and getting involved in a cause that gives back to those in need. Hopefully these baby steps will lead them on a better path. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:08 pm

Diana wrote:literally no way she should be doing a TED talk...
I agree. It's a bit insulting, IMO, to what TED talks should be about and I would legitimately not feel this way if she actually made good on her promise/pledge to actually do something about bullying and social media, etc (and not be a part of it as she has been these past 6 months).

I appreciate that Shawn is taking those baby steps towards doing more for others but I have yet to see Kaitlyn initiate something on her own that actually finds her deserving of a TED talk.

Other than talking about being on a TV show where she had sex with someone after she told her now-fiance he was "the one" I am not sure what sort of talk she will be doing that is worthy of a TED platform and what she can talk about "identity" other than a "DGAF" perspective which, while some admire that, I think she showed with her actions she does indeed GAF (literally and figuratively). hmmm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:19 pm

She's definitely the least likely person in Bach nation I would've thought would be doing a TED talk, but I kind of love it laugh out loud. I think it was smart of them to bring her on and I can see why they'd want something a little different to spice things up. Controversy sells and I'm sure she'll bring with her an unlikely audience.

"Bristowe is “known for her unapologetic resoluteness and a knack for quirky comedy,” according to TEDxVancouver organizers. During the 11th season of the Bachelorette this past summer, Bristowe caused an internet uproar for sleeping with more than one man during the show.

“Kaitlyn is an ambassador for self-acceptance in light of a backlash of cyberbullying that resulted from her expressive – sometimes controversial – behaviour …  She offers a unique perspective on the unwavering popularity of the reality genre, and how to overcome adversity in the public eye.”

VanCity Buzz

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Hopefully she will start following some of her own advice. :Nod:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:44 pm

I'd appreciate her talking about how bad cyberbullying is if she never engaged in such behavior. At least this is only a local event and they didn't invite her to the annual TED Conference. Then I'd really be shaking my head about why she was there.

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 87b72b10 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 86669110 Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:47 pm

bleuberry wrote:
"Bristowe is “known for her unapologetic resoluteness and a knack for quirky comedy,” according to TEDxVancouver organizers. During the 11th season of the Bachelorette this past summer, Bristowe caused an internet uproar for sleeping with more than one man during the show.

“Kaitlyn is an ambassador for self-acceptance in light of a backlash of cyberbullying that resulted from her expressive – sometimes controversial – behaviour …  She offers a unique perspective on the unwavering popularity of the reality genre, and how to overcome adversity in the public eye.

VanCity Buzz
:thud :thud :thud

There is a big difference between a TED talk and a TEDx talk but still, you have got to be kidding me. What an embarrassment to TEDx Van, IMHO, for them to have her on. They must be desperate and/or in need to become "controversial" themselves and will hardly do TEDx events around the globe credit by having her on, imho. Unless she knows someone who organizes the event... Suspect

It's things like this that beg the question what is this world coming to? It seems the role model bar is set so low these days with Kardashians being role models for so many young people. It is no surprise then I guess that Kaitlyn would be seen as an "ambassador" when sex tapes can get one accolades as well.  hmmm

As if Kaitlyn really did anything of merit or deserving of this platform other than just being supremely selfish on TV. no no
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm just as surprised, really. I guess my expectations must be low because this is a step up to me for Kaitlyn, especially if she ends up learning from this opportunity and the rest of the speakers.

bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Haha, me too. I'm just glad to see steps towards a positive change. I still wish her and Shawn the best and hope they surprise me.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Well I hope that after doing this Ted appearance we will see her to share what she meant on her speech . Because if you did this kind of speaking appearances you have to show what you preach . I am not trying to say that she doesn't belong to this appearance . It is nice they want her to do it and just like others anyone can be part of it. My hope for her is after this speaking appearance I want to see her to apply not only to herself  but in general. I read she will speak about her critics in Twitter via  Canadian morning show Twitter tweeted today . That must be part of her subject identity as what she put on her ig caption .

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 Eb97c9
Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 9zt107Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 XgicucKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 Oaw2uvKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 2pqw5k8Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 30szzauKaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion - Page 73 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:30 pm

I am not sure what the criteria is for Vancity when they decide who speaks (it's independent from TED Talks since it is a TEDx event) so not sure what their reasoning is.  scratch

It's not even a knock on her as much as it is a knock on TEDx Van and their event, imho. I can only speak personally since I've been a member for organizing TEDx and TED events and I can unequivocally say that her name wouldn't even come up in a selection committee meeting. The platform is just not conducive to what TEDx should represent.

I don't really see how it will be something to attract a different audience either since the event itself leans to specific niche already and if changing this is the goal I will be shocked if that happens. I don't have any expectations for her but I do have some expectations of what TEDx should represent... if anything, those who attend these events will be less likely to take someone like this seriously and in turn the TEDx organizers themselves. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 80 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 76 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - General Discussion

+66
LenaActually
eliza3
MiniDiva
kimberlyg
nikikass