SELECT CONTENT

Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

Page 33 of 61 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Article Herald Sun
TONIGHT’S rose ceremony was one of our most emotional yet, with Sam sending home early favourite Heather Maltman after heading to Queensland to meet her family.

The 29-year-old filmmaker was completely blindsided by his decision to let her go and fought back tears after she failed to get a rose.

“I think it was like a cross between white noise and the realisation that my name hadn’t been called out and it was just the most bizarre, out of body experience,” Heather told news.com.au, adding that she had hoped to quickly cut and run from the mansion, but instead Sam followed her out the front door to explain his decision.

“I’ve been wanting and hoping that what I’ve felt has been an amazing friendship can become more, but I just don’t think it can,” he told her in private.

Heather said: “I tossed over his answer for a little bit after the show ended for me, and my understanding of the situation was ... I felt like it was that I couldn’t be extremely sexual and hardcore romantic on camera because I just did not feel comfortable.”

While Heather was left devastated by the end result, fans had been fearing her departure for the past couple of weeks, with most commenting that she’d been dumped in the dreaded friend zone.

The pair’s hometown date merely cemented that fact, with Heather introducing Sam to Warwick, her father figure since she was 12, and best friend Laura.

While the brunette beauty chose not to discuss her relationship with her mother on the show, she revealed her parents divorced when she was a baby and her father left when she was just nine months old.

“I ended up finding him again when I was 18, I went looking for him,” she told Sam of rekindling her relationship with her estranged father. “He was a champion, when I met him my whole personality made sense. Unfortunately, he passed away five years after finding him.”

An overly protective Warwick gave Sam the mother of all interrogations during his visit to the farm, and it was obvious the bachelor was rattled by the intense one-on-one.

“It was clear Warwick was sizing me up. I knew he wasn’t going to pull any punches and I was in for a grilling,” Sam commented.

But Heather said she was determined for Warwick — the man she has looked up to her whole life — to meet her new love interest.

“Warwick is an extremely enigmatic man and knows how to read a person within seconds of meeting them, which is why I wanted them to meet,” she said.

“I follow in his footsteps in every way and he’s the one who taught me if you’re going to do something, do it 110 per cent. I love that man with every part of my being.”

But the decision to take Sam back to Brisbane was not an easy one. Heather admitted her single biggest fear about appearing on The Bachelor was that she would have to share her past with the rest of Australia and that hers “might not be the family Sam wanted.”

“My family and my life growing up is an intense situation. There’s a lot there to swallow and it’s pretty scary and it’s not the first time I’ve had a guy see that part of my life, be scared and walk away and that’s actually why I was really scared of it,” she said.

“But that’s nothing that Sam did, that’s my own fear.”

Heather said she has no regrets about deciding to take a risk and sign up for the show. “Part of the reason why I didn’t want to go on The Bachelor was because I was terrified about that part of my life and that the guy that they picked wouldn’t be able to handle it and it would just blow up in my face and be a complete mess.”

Thursday night’s rose ceremony came down to just Heather and newcomer Lana, but the eliminated bachelorette says she now understands that Sam saw more of a future with the 27-year-old charity worker.

“She’s probably able to give him more of the things he wants and at the end of the day ... if I can’t do all of that really full on, romancy stuff on TV as me, how would I go having a relationship that’s in the spotlight? And he needs to be with a girl who can do those things,” she explained.

“I am so respectful of the fact that he has to pick one girl out of 21 and work out whether or not he can have a lasting relationship that he wants for the rest of his life.

“And if I’m not meeting what he needs and what he wants then he 100 per cent made the right decision in not picking me.”

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

Post by Dutchy64 Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:26 am

The show has just finished in Perth and all I can say is that Heather is one classy lady. Even after been blindsided and devastated at the RC she still managed to sit in the limo and put a positive spin on her time. It takes real class to be that dignified and genuine. Well done Heather.

I'm glad she didn't end up with Sam. If he can't see her class beyond the physical then he is definitely not worthy of her

Dutchy64

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 am

Jacinda's tweet (one of many regarding Heather)

Jacinda Gugliemino ‏@JacindaGug 2h2 hours ago
Nothing you say Sam can fix this.. Nothing @TheBachelorAU
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by umpossible Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 am

Heather's reaction was very very hard to witness and not cry....it was exactly like the scene in The Simpsons where Bart freezes the TV on the moment where Lisa rips Ralph's heart out. You could actually SEE the heart break. All I could think was F U C U Next Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!

umpossible

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 am

IMO This whole edit is going to make it very difficult for Sam and his F1.

I'm glad Heather left with grace in the limo!

Thanks to all for the updates. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (source)
Speaking to Heather after the date, her mentor said: 'I appreciate the opportunity to met him but in the end it doesn’t matter.

'Hold on to the friendship as the core and it’ll go from there. It’s a good way to look at it. If sam is being true to himself then he could be great. He has got a lot more of his journey to go.'

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 am

happygolucky wrote:
^ The Sydney Morning Herald wrote:Well. That was intense.

Viewer favourite Heather Maltman has been sent home by The Bachelor's Sam Wood in the most gut-wrenching rose ceremony yet.

One minute, she was showing him around her hometown of Brisbane – including the mountain where she shared hot chocolates with her late father – and introducing him to her mentor, Warwick, and her best friend, Laura. This was a huge deal, given her tough childhood.

The next minute, Sam was breaking up with her. You could practically hear all the Heather fans shouting at their TVs.

Of course, she knew this was a possibility – she said so umpteen times on camera – but it did not soften the blow. After not getting a rose, she stood there, dazed, until Osher called her name.

"Can I ask why?" she said as Sam took her outside for a final chat. "Am I allowed to?"

They shared an "amazing friendship", he explained, but it never grew beyond that.

"My feelings for you were more than just friendship," she replied. "I'm kind of glad, in a way, that you gave me the opportunity to see where that would go. But yeah, it still hurts."

In the wake of her dramatic eviction, we spoke to the 29-year-old aspiring filmmaker about love, heartbreak, taking risks, reality TV, standing up to bullies, and her future with Sam.

On her worst fear being realised:

Most men have found it very hard to deal with my past, and found it quite hard to listen to me, which is very normal. Anyone from [a similar] background knows exactly what that's like. It was incredible being able to share that with Sam but at the same time, quite terrifying for me. I think that's part of the reason why I couldn't be as romantic on the show as what he needed, because that's a massive risk for someone like me – like, huge.

The truth is, I was terrified that the minute I showed him my family and where I'm from and my background, that would be it. That he'd be all, "OK, that was fun! See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya."

[BURSTS OUT LAUGHING]: And the fact that I didn't receive a rose, I was like: "Oh, worst fear realised!" I guess that's just all part of it. But that fact that it was my worst fear and now I'm like, "Okay, cool, I came out the other side and it's okay," ... that's cool.

On how she's feeling now:
It did kind of blow me a little bit sideways, I'm not going to lie. I'm like, "Oh, okay, this is happening. Good." But I think always in the back of your mind is that it might not work out. The odds are really against you. There are 21 other girls – one in 21! – good luck.

I'm alright. It's hard watching it back and having all of Australia think I've got a boyfriend. But it's also kind of relieving at the same time, to be able to go, "Look, it didn't work out. I did end up with a broken heart but that's cool. It's all part of it."

On why she'll always want her partner to be a mate as well:

I made a vow to myself when I started the show that I wanted to find someone who would be my best friend and my lover. If that's not what Sam is looking for, then it's never going to work. You need to be my best mate to be my partner, because I've been through so much as a kid and I need to know that I can talk to you about it and that you're going to be okay. And that can only come from an incredible friendship to begin with.

The truth is, I'm eventually going to meet a guy who is so comfortable around me, and I'm so comfortable around him, it's not going to matter if I call you "mate" or "dude" or "douchebag". Because you're going to be like, "I'm so into you, I wanna touch all of your areas."

On why she'll never close herself off from love, despite the risk of getting hurt:

I've met so many wonderful guys and I think part of the reason I'm still single is we've started out with a beautiful friendship, but then they've been so scared of letting go and getting hurt that they refuse to go there, and I just can't be that person.

I want to be able to love someone with every part of me. But having done the show, I've realised I'm not very good at letting people love me, because I'm just so used to being independent. This show has taught me how to let other people care for me and be there in return – it's been the most incredible gift Sam could have given me.

On her relationship with Sam now:

We haven't been in touch because I think that would be a bit wrong given the show is still going. It wouldn't look too good and it wouldn't be nice for whoever he does pick. But once it wraps, and if we get in touch and end up being mates, that would be unreal.

On whether she's dating anyone now:

I'm not seeing anyone at the moment. It's very difficult to have a boyfriend when everyone in Australia already thinks you've got one!

On cynicism about reality TV:

Anyone who tells me that my journey was not real, or challenges whether I went on there for the right reasons, I dare you to sign up and go on. I ask you to throw your hat in the ring and tell me how fake you are when doing it. I can tell you right now, this is the most honest and riskiest I've been in my life with how I feel about someone. I'm really proud of doing it and anyone who wants to hate on it, do your thing. All I'm going to do is send you love and ask you do the same in return.

On how Warwick helped her find her voice:

My sister and I kind of raised ourselves, and he came along when I didn't have a voice. I was getting bullied incredibly, and he basically taught me to stand up and go, "My name's Heather and this is what I want." And he's been that person my entire life.

On her "little big sister" Laura:

I got picked on so badly as a kid, and Laura was literally the only person who would be my friend. We used to ride our bikes together, share my rollerblades, and eat watermelons and spit the seeds on each other's faces.

On bullies:

At school, I was given a hard time by other kids – but sometimes by parents or teachers, too. The thing I learnt was to stare them in the face, acknowledge the fact they were picking on me or being mean or rude, and walk away. There's a lot of power in staring someone in the face who's trying to tear you down and going, "That's cool, but I'm not going to let you own that power over me. At the end of the day, you have to walk away and be you, and I get to be me. So I'm going to send you all the love I can." The more you send a bully love, the more they don't have anything to push up against.

On what's next:

Doing my usual Heather stuff, working incredibly hard with my filmmaking and acting and writing. It's taken me since 2006 to get to where I am today – the only difference is I've done The Bachelor now and people know I exist.

I'm working on two short films [The Blow Job, about a drug deal gone bad that involves superheroes; and The Skype Exchange, about a long-distance relationship].

I'm just head down, bum in the air, and done exactly what I've always done. That was my dad's advice: "If you want something bad enough, go after it."

Heather is EVERYTHING!
Love her attitude, her strength, her humour, her outlook and how she looks at the world.

Yep, I have a girl crush on Heather :cutesmile!:
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am

I thought this was appropriate to bring back...

We now know the answer to this question:
1 is not the loneliest number. Not when your name is Heather Maltman. beatingheart

jazzbrowartist Will 1 be the loneliest number .... Good Q?? @heather_maltman making the most of the dance floor at last nights @youthoffthestreets charity ball last night in darling harbour. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] beatingheart beatingheart beatingheart
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:28 am

Just by Warwick being such a huge influence in Heather's life it is no wonder that Heather is seen even by Sam as someone to come up to her level. And the thing is, for me, Sam is just not at the same intellectual and deep level that Heather is.

This recap expounds a bit more on Warwick and his "Warwickisms" which are nuggets of truth. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Heather tells us she's really missed Sam and can't wait to see him, which makes us ANXIOUS 'cause we got friend vibes from him in last night's episode. She hugs him nearly to death and it's super cute. Then he starts talking about how their whole relationship has been surrounded by the glitz and glam of the show. Truth, Sam. Truth.

Heather takes him to a Mount Coot-tha in Queensland and starts telling Sam about her troubled family history. After her dad left when she was 9 months old, Heather started searching for him at 18. She found him, spent five years getting to know him and forming an amazing relationship, before he got sick and tragically passed away. Ugh, this is so sad! "As soon as I met him at 18," Heather tells Sam, "my whole personality made sense." On the table? The scones and hot chocolate she used to share with her dad. Sam is suitably concerned by her story and seems to be genuinely feeling a lot of love for her. Whether it's romantic love or not, we're unsure. Heather is super emotional which is obvs making us wanna cryyyy.

Next, Heather takes Sam to meet a man named Warwick, who owns a horse farm that Heather started working on when she was 11 or 12. Heather credits Warwick with shaping the direction of her life. She says she wouldn't be where she is now if it wasn't for Warwick, so he sounds like someone Sam really needs to impress.

Ooh, Warwick does NOT mess around. "What do you know about horses, Sam? They're a good judge of character." How he managed to make that sound threatening, we have no idea. But heck, we're nervous.

LOL, Sam tries to lift the wire in the fence for Warwick to climb through, and Warwick tells him to stop embarrassing him. HAHAHAHA.

So . . . Warwick is freakin' genius secret psychologist or something. He's full of wordy gems: "A comfort zone is just a prison of our own making," he throws at Sam the second he mentions it. "Mmm," says Sam. Oh my gosh, this is the best.

Heather's very emotional sad

Heather tells Warwick and her friend Laura that Sam still has three other families to visit after this, which goes down like a lead balloon. Warwick asks for some time outside with Sam for a chat . . . Things be gettin' serious. Heather's friend Laura asks how she feels about him. Heather refuses to answer but insinuates that she's in love with Sam — and says she doesn't want to say it out until she's the last one there.

OMG, stahp. Warwick asks Sam to describe the other girls and Heather WITHOUT naming names, and to describe why he likes them. Warwick immediately picks out Heather from Sam's description and asks him if their connection is the right one. For his part, Sam is holding up bloody well.

WARWICK IS SO AMAZING. Can he counsel us through all of life's decisions? He's talking Heather through her feelings now, and tells her to hold onto the friendship she has with Sam.

"Do you think his [feelings] are on the same level as mine?" Heather asks him. Warwick tells her if Sam doesn't pick her, "Six months, 12 months down the line, there's going to be a lightbulb moment," meaning he'll soon realise what he's missing. "Family doesn't have to be blood," Warwick says. Wow, this is intense. Oh man, Heather is so in love with Sam.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:25 pm

By Maggie Partsi wrote:The world (or those in Australia, at least) was given a massive shock tonight with the elimination of popular Bachelor contestant, Heather. The following are eight reasons why our lives will not be the same without her presence.

1. The outrageously hilarious facial expressions every time anything happens (literally, anything).

2. Jelly wrestling. JELLY… [wait for it]… WRESTLING. Need we say more?

3. Superhero outfits and photo shoots. Best date ever, much? Seriously. This needs to be a regular thing that people do. Just a casual superhero photo shoot after work. Maybe prior to the gym. Keepin’ it ‘caszh‘… and saving the world and all that.

4. Her very topical and varied commentary, “HASH TAG AWKWARD.”

5. That cute sideways smile when something goes right.

6. Ice cream trucks and scrumptious little treats. Heather jumping up and down, waving her arms in excitement about said ice cream truck and treats.

7. Having someone in the house who doesn’t complain about everyone… and everything.

8. Her friendly demeanour and overall loveliness.

Wishing Heather all the best, and here’s hoping she one day finds her superhero jelly wrestling lover!

TV WEEK mag wrote:Shock waves were sent around the nation when The Bachelor frontrunner Heather Maltman was sent home by Sam Wood after home visits

You could cut the air with a knife tonight on The Bachelor.

Hearts shattered for loveable white rose recipient Heather, 29, when she was sent home from The Bachelor by Sam.

And the shock departure left the brunette stunner shocked and “really sad”.

“I was really sad that he decided that I wasn’t the girl that he wanted to be with,” she tells TV WEEK.

“It all threw me a little bit sideways I think and when I was in the house I felt like he genuinely had feelings for me.”

As the frontrunner for Sam’s heart since episode one, many expected Heather to be the last girl standing – the filmmaker herself included.

“Watching it back I genuinely, genuinely feel like he had feelings for me,” she insists.

“The fact that he felt like it was just friendship there was just more confusing than anything else.

“I don’t know if it was dishonest, it just felt confusing. I didn’t understand.”

Looking back, Heather thinks her troubled family history and rocky childhood may have scared Sam off.

After her dad passed away and with her mum no longer in her life, Heather was especially disappointed her older sister wasn’t able to represent her family.

So the kooky Sydney-sider chose to introduce Sam to her mentor Warwick.

“Unfortunately she wasn’t able to do the show which meant that I didn’t have any family to introduce Sam to which was very, very hard,” Heather admits.

“I could tell that he was a little bit shell-shocked and he struggled a little bit. He was gripping my hand under the table pretty hard. I could tell that he was finding it a bit hard and I don’t blame him. My personal life is pretty confronting for people.”

Heather says one of her main struggles in finding a partner has been her “full on” personal life.

“To this day I haven’t really met a guy who is completely comfortable with it,” she says.

“The fact that we had home visits and then I went home is actually of no surprise to me.”

Heather credits Warwick with saving her life.

“I have worked my azz off to get where I am today but it happened because I met someone like Warwick who gave me the tools to do it,” she explains.

“The area my sister and I grew up in is very rough so the kids in the area don’t really have anything. There’s a lot of housing commission.”
Heather has been cagey about the details of her childhood and her troubled relationship with her mother but says she hopes “one day” she will feel “really comfortable sharing my whole story.”

After leaving The Bachelor mansion Heather dated someone new.

“I tried to date one guy after the show ended,” she reveals. “But it was kind of hard because the show was going at the same time and you could definitely see that there were feelings there between myself and Sam. It’s just too difficult.”

Describing herself as “very, very single” she is throwing herself into work to cope with the attention and pressure of the show.

In typical Heather fashion, the laid-back lass hasn’t got a bad word to say about Sam or the three remaining girls Lana, Sarah and Snezana.

“Sam’s a legendary guy,” she says. “Whoever he ends up with it’s going to be a pretty cool relationship.”

And just who does she hope the lucky girl is?

“I just love Sarah,” she gushes. “I absolutely love her and I think he would be crazy not to pick her.”

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:33 pm

If these statements from TV Week mag are recent, then I think Heather needs some more time to find her own closure, because I actually believe she's not seeing Sam clearly ... she would need a doze of ATFR like the one Nick got the 1st time, to realize what was never there ... love from him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (source)
Sam williams
‏@scramwise
Spent my night hanging out with these two losers, one of them was on some dating show?

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:43 pm

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 61 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Heather Maltman - Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Fan Forum - Thread #2

+43
Speechless
BmHb
Norcalgal
mercieme
Spoil Me Again