SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 41 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Kashathediva Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 pm

I do not know specifically if Nick is or is not still employed with Sales Force. 
If I had to bet knowing what I do know from my acquaintance who has a higher up position than what Nick has/had, I would say he is not still with the company. 
If Nick is taking a hiatus, I kind of think it is along the lines of "we really appreciated you when you were here working with us. Maybe our paths will cross again someday when your situation changes. Let us know."

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 41 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:05 pm

While having a "real" job is all well and dandy, the reality is that most people work for a paycheck.

Whether they hate, like, or love their job, very few people in this world would do the same job they are doing without getting paid to do it.

And there's no guarantee that having a "real" job brings about happiness, success, love, etc., so dedicating 40-80+ hours a week of ones life to something that may or may not result in any of the aforementioned doesn't make a person better or worse, imo.

And with SM and how people make money off of it, it's a different world we live in, where people can post a SM ad and get paid tens of thousands of dollars to do so.

I can find fault with it all but it won't change it nor does it really mean anything other than what one attributes to it, which is subjective.

At the end of the day we live in a society that values materialism and entertainment above all else. Heck, this show itself is built on this very notion and no contestant or lead is exempt, no matter how they go about it, they are just liked for subjective reasons, and for this, it's why I never put any of them on a pedestal, even if I like them.

JMO

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:28 pm

bluwavz wrote:For me it's not that he was shirtless in the pic because I sure don't have a problem with any of these guys posing shirtless. It's when you combine it with that caption and the product shilling that I'm just like staaaahp. #ConcernedFan

bluwavz wrote:I'm with you, mindless. I'm just not a fan of anyone shilling products especially when they don't have a job. Yeah they "all" do it but that doesn't mean it's respectable. Get. A. Job.

bluwavz wrote:I do like someone more if they have a job and don't shill products. For me a guy isn't appealing if he doesn't even work.

bleuberry wrote:I didn't think he needed a job just yet either, until last night laugh out loud. That or a gofundme page. Desperate times maybe?

Blu and Bleu, I agree. Maybe they "all" do it, I liked that Nick did not. Nick made fun of those who did. I personally want him to go back to who he was. He doesn't have to, but if he is turning into Kaitlyn, then I am disappointed. It is each of our rights to like who we want. These people go on tv and continue to over share their lives, therefore we judge. If they stopped we would stop.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:53 pm

He used to make fun of people who shilled products? That makes it a lot worse, since this isn't even the first time he's made money through IG. I've seen him use the likeit links and link brands before. It just seems like he's changed into a completely different person.

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

nothatgirl wrote:He used to make fun of people who shilled products? That makes it a lot worse, since this isn't even the first time he's made money through IG. I've seen him use the likeit links and link brands before. It just seems like he's changed into a completely different person.

Yeah, I think he was bitten by the bachelor fame bug - he started to believe in his own hype so to speak.  I really continue to admire those that resist it but seems few do this days.  It's especially sad that he actually had a real job to go back to (which he did after his first stint), unlike many of these wannabes with no real careers to speak of.  

With regard to this ad - at least Shawn and Tanner etc. were able to push it off as a random "gift" to their women, since Nick is currently single, it's harder to pull it off - if that makes any sense.   The ads are all lame however whoever does do them imo.

Oh well, hopefully someone close to Nick reads here and lets him know this wasn't the best idea at this time.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:16 pm

But why not degrease thyself and say it's for one of the baby sisters or the mom? You know what, I don't know/care on his choices. It's just funny and sad in equal measures.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:18 pm

I actually thought Nick's ad was much more original than Tanner and Shawn shilling it as a "gift" which is so cliche. At least Nick used his sense of humor.

Anyway, I don't admire someone for shilling or not shilling. It's just stuff at the end of the day and meaningless in the big scheme of things and the whole case of 'selling out' is ludicrous, imo, since these are people who ALL selled out to go on TV for "love".

And that is what I always keep in mind... that no matter what... no matter what they do now (as is so often the case when justifying viewpoints of liking or not liking these people) that these people went on a TV show like TB (1 woman and many men or vice versa) for "love" which is way more ludicrous than shilling any product, imo.  :Nod:

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Alanna wrote:But why not degrease thyself and say it's for one of the baby sisters or the mom? You know what, I don't know/care on his choices. It's just funny and sad in equal measures.

I dunno - sex sells?  Maybe, he thinks posing shirtless and oily chested will increase the sales of said fit box.  It just comes off as swarmy in my opinion. I personally would have preffered he do what you suggested and say it's for Mom or one of his sisters too.  But his preferred pose is shirtless nowadays apparently imo.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Sex does sell and I don't mind anyone selling it but I would just think at this point he'd want to be known as more than the "sex guy". Why perpetuate that view? It's like he doesn't think he's anything more than that now. He just seems lost to me.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:27 pm

Hoping there is an extended stay in Milwaukee for the holidays in his schedule and his awesome family gives him a much needed reality check as a Christmas present Praying

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:15 pm

bluwavz wrote:Sex does sell and I don't mind anyone selling it but I would just think at this point he'd want to be known as more than the "sex guy". Why perpetuate that view? It's like he doesn't think he's anything more than that now. He just seems lost to me.

This is how I see it too. Whatever he had hoped to be doing clearly hasn't panned out, time to pack it up and go back to life. The interviews and appearances have dried up, modelling slowed down, and his blog hasn't been updated in more than 2 months. Seems like just another case of the 15 mins being over and lofty dreams not coming true. Time to accept it and return to real life with his dignity still itact IMO.

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 41 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:41 pm

Yep what you said Bleu and Blu! giggling

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt