SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by mindless Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 am

Kashathediva wrote:
mindless wrote:http://www.eonline.com/news/846116/chris-soules-deletes-his-instagram-as-bachelor-nation-s-luke-pell-comes-to-his-defense

When Luke and Marcus are coming to your defence, you know you're effed. Luke's comment just reminded me once again what a total tool he is. Not one word about the actual victim, as if this struggle just happened to Chris with no fault of his own.

It sounded like both men offered support. It's nice to see that. I didn't see any other than that.

Well I for one find it dismissive and tone-deaf to not even mention the actual victim while praising the other party who may or may not have caused their death, but to each their own. At least Marcus had the good sense to mention the death, even if he has a history of being selective with facts. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by bleuberry Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:30 am

I wondered if he did but maybe E! took the part of his statement that applied to defending Chris.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am

I have had some time to process all of this, and I think Chris panicked.  I'm glad to hear he called 911 before leaving the scene, but he made the big mistake of leaving.  We heard from another clip the judge said he is being charged for leaving the scene of the accident.  I still don't understand why he hid in someone's house for 5 hours and then refused to come out without a search warrant. When the police tell you to come out, you come out.  I will be curious to know if those beer cans found in his truck were opened or closed.  If opened, he is in big trouble.  The bottom line is only two people know what really happened, and one of them is dead...well, actually three, God.  I just hope and pray that Chris is telling the whole truth, the absolute truth, so help him God!  He owes that to the family of the deceased.  JMHO.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

AmoreBella wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2017/04/26/chris-soules-called-911-fatal-crash-cpr
It's good to know that not only did he call 911, but he also tried to help the victim, was checking his pulse, telling the 911 operating where he was bleeding from, etc. 

What a tragedy all the way around.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 am

I also wanted to share a sad story that affected my small hometown a few years back. I guess you could say we knew the family that was involved in a horrific car crash. We attended church together many years ago and the girl was a few years younger than me. She was in her early 20's when the accident happened, was married and had two young children, ages 1 and 3. They were driving on a country road at night and the driver of the other car was drunk, speeding and ran a stop sign. Well, I think you can guess what happened. They all died. The drunk driver lived. My parents attended the visitation. My Mom said it was extremely sad to see three caskets, but what really hit her was the small caskets for the children. The husband is now a spokesperson for M.A.D.D. and has a FB page in their memory. He eventually remarried and has kids with his new wife, but I am sure he will never forget his family.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:02 am

@Mommyof2 i am pretty sure it was within chris legal right to refuse to come out without a search warrant since he was in the safety of a home. Someone posted yesterday, he could very well have been refusing based on advice from his lawyer.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:08 am

I truly hope that was the case.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:35 am

I'm sure Chris was in shock with a traumatic accident like this. He was probably confused and not thinking clearly. I hope in a situation like this I would do the right thing and not leave the scene but we never really know what we would do until it happens to us.

This is such a tragedy for everyone involved. The victims family, at least at this point, seems sympathetic to Chris. Maybe they know more about the situation than what is being reported by the media.Life can change in a split second. I will pray for all involved.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:36 am

IMO based on the early media stories about Chris and the accident....Chris was made out to be a monster who fled the scene in his own truck and left a dying man alone on the side of the road. In reality Chris called 911, gave his name and admitted he rear ended the tractor, rendered aide and IMO sounded lucid.  I also heard Chris out of breath and no doubt in shock having been in accident as well and landing in the ditch in his truck. I know how the reality feels after such an emotionally life altering experience and perhaps Chris was breaking down and needed to collect himself. He may have reacted in fear and overwhelming emotion over the experience. My take away was as he left he was hopeful that the man would live....and he was not trying to evade since he had given his info and his truck was at the scene. I could hear the shock in Chris's breathing on that 911 call and IMO it is obvious that Chris was in state of post accident stress. In those moments one does not think entirely rationally. Maybe when he got home and the police came after him he was advised that since he had broken the law by leaving that he should follow due process. Rush to judgement is easy and dangerous IMO. Just like yesterday, I have empathy and sadness for all involved. In time the truth will prevail and hopefully for everyone involved they eventually can find some peace in their new normal. I am certain that everyone involved is struggling and today is harder than yesterday. I have so much compassion for the deceased and his family and so much compassion for the Chris and the Soules. Prayers all around. Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 1f64f
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 am

mindless wrote:Well I'm glad he at least tried to help before hightailing it. Doesn't explain any further why he was hiding for 5 hours though.

Well, IMO, he wasn't "in hiding". He was at his home and he didn't come out to talk with the Sheriff's department when they knocked at his door. My guess, and only MY guess, is that he had already contacted an attorney and was told not to talk with the police without representation. Actually, this is a smart move, BUT it does tend to make him look guilty even if he isn't. Does it make it pretty much impossible to charge him with OWI , yes. Does that mean that he was intoxicated: no.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:57 am

I am heartsick for all involved, first and foremost the victim's family, but also Chris and his. RIP and prayers to all.

I am relieved to see Chris did the right thing and all he could to help at the scene.  I can't judge after that, because I truly can't imagine how the human mind psychologically processes watching a person dying in a ditch due to your actions.  The shock, terror, horror etc seems too much to bear, plus he may have had concussion symptoms himself. 

I fear the worst that there was alcohol involved in which case I hope the harshest form of justice possible is handed out. The most selfish and senseless of crimes IMO.

A reminder to me to hug and kiss my family as they leave and return safely each day. Life is a precarious gift.

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Listening to that audio of Chris on the phone with the 911 dispatcher..... yeah, I'm heartsick for him and his family. I feel badly for rushing to judgment yesterday. Of course I feel for the victim and his family too - so horrific. But Chris' life is over (or greatly altered) too at age 34/35. So senseless. 

Taking down his IG. You know that's serious. sad Not at all important... but it would have been fun to see him on BIP. What a tragedy all around.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX