SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:02 am

@Kashathediva That's a great article.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Nonina430 Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:05 am

@Kashathediva thanks.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:09 am

I'm sorry but growing up in the area I did, even knowing tractors will be out and watching for them does not mean that you can't run up on one before you know it.  Nor does it mean its easy to see with or without lights no matter what time of day, bright light or dark. We don't know road conditions, was it a straight of way, curved road, etc., because all that IMO factors in.  

Other than that, I'm refraining from commenting until all the facts are in.  Because as much as I'd like to think I'd do the right thing in the situation, stay not run in horror at what I had helped cause, etc., I've thankfully never been in the situation so I can't say for sure.  But I know many that have and heard plenty of stories. I can't imagine the guilt and shock he was feeling nor the panic at seeing the victim in whatever condition he was in.  Not excusing any behavior and he should be held accountable for all wrong doing, but I still feel empathy for him and lots of sympathy for his family, the victim and the victims family.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 am

In no way, shape or form does anyone know what transpired at that scene but the parties involved.
The authorities will try to piece together data to determine what actually occurred.
I am actually sitting at my keyboard shaking with emotion as I type this, that anyone here could possibly presume that they would know what happened.
That thought actually sickens me personally to the point, I can't even see straight.
So hopefully I am going to walk away for a bit.
I'm going to leave everyone with one last visual. Those crash test dummies. Those crash test dummies on a tractor. Now you see him. Now you don't. Maybe bits of him.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:13 am

@Ladybug82 your still the bug. And I'd still follow you anywhere.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:14 am

@Ladybug82 Good post.

This is a reminder that we are not accusing anyone in a criminal manner. Opinions are welcomed however we follow the rules when it comes to labelling.

No labelling or describing any one in a criminal manner or describing your opinions in a criminal matter or accusing someone of criminal activity.
Rules

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I'm sorry but growing up in the area I did, even knowing tractors will be out and watching for them does not mean that you can't run up on one before you know it.  Nor does it mean its easy to see with or without lights no matter what time of day, bright light or dark. We don't know road conditions, was it a straight of way, curved road, etc., because all that IMO factors in.  

Other than that, I'm refraining from commenting until all the facts are in.  Because as much as I'd like to think I'd do the right thing in the situation, stay not run in horror at what I had helped cause, etc., I've thankfully never been in the situation so I can't say for sure.  But I know many that have and heard plenty of stories. I can't imagine the guilt and shock he was feeling nor the panic at seeing the victim in whatever condition he was in.  Not excusing any behavior and he should be held accountable for all wrong doing, but I still feel empathy for him and lots of sympathy for his family, the victim and the victims family.

JMO

Regarding the bolded, yes we do. Anyone can check on Google maps and it's a ruler straight flat road. Road conditions are obviously more of a mystery. In any case, there's a picture of the crash site the following day in this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4446386/Relative-man-killed-crash-Soules-DEFENDS-him.html

ETA: FWIW I wasn't accusing Chris, just talking in general about how I hold people responsible for their own bad decisions. Chris's decisions are obviously not known at this time apart from leaving the scene.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:32 am

We are all different and have our own opinions.  Some are sympathetic towards Chris, some aren't, and some are neutral.  I'm just having a hard time with alcohol being found at the site of the crash.  Some articles say it was open.  That is certainly gnawing at me this morning.  I would feel more sympathy towards Chris if alcohol was not even in the picture.  I could even have some sympathy if he was texting while driving (although it is extremely dangerous), but the alcohol really, really bothers me, if in fact, it was open.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:36 am

Was it a paved road if skid marks are involved. I grew up in rural Iowa on the other side of the state and gravel roads are very common and can be very treacherous. It is also very common to see tractors and combines on 2 lane highways. They typically move very slow and don't always have lights.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:38 am

Yes of course accidents happen and any of us can be accidentally responsible for a tragedy, but to have open alcohol in your car when you already have had run-ins with the law over drinking and driving? That is no accident imo and deserves no sympathy or compassion imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:46 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I'm sorry but growing up in the area I did, even knowing tractors will be out and watching for them does not mean that you can't run up on one before you know it.  Nor does it mean its easy to see with or without lights no matter what time of day, bright light or dark. We don't know road conditions, was it a straight of way, curved road, etc., because all that IMO factors in.  

JMO

It was a clear evening and still light out when it happened on a flat and straight stretch of road. If it was curvy, hilly, etc. it would make a lot more sense to me how it can happen.

I know the area, but you can also see it in the link I posted before in the video they have aerial shots. I can't speak for what happened other than what has been reported but IMHO he had to have been distracted/impaired to hit the tractor as hard as he did in the clear conditions.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 am

I don't think open containers of alcohol necessarily prove he was drunk, but if he wasn't drinking at all, then he could've easily removed all doubt by simply cooperating with the police. Even if he panicked and left the scene, he could've opened the door once they came to get him. He created this doubt by hiding for hours and I for one will probably always wonder, even if he's never convicted of anything. It is what it is.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX