SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:39 pm

cindebugg wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:How do we know that he didn't go help CPR after he told them he'd call them back? Maybe he called his lawyer, couldn't get a hold of him, and left because he didn't want to give a statement until he spoke to his lawyer.

You can not leave the scene of an accident just because you don't want to give a statement.

I realize that, my point was maybe that's what he was thinking.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by nikikass Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 pm

At the end of the day when you are in Shock the effects are different with everyone.

I don't know how I would react when the realization of the situation kicks in.

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:38 pm

I agree

Was it right to leave?  No, it's against the law.  As much as I'd like to say and hope I'd to the right thing, I don't know how I would react in the situation.  

And to add alcohol containers in a wreck can become open.  And even if open doesn't mean he was drinking or drunk.  

The not coming out without a warrant makes things look worse, IMO.  But I don't know if he was acting on his lawyers advice (would think he was) and I won't begin to speculate on why he may have been told that.  But it could have been for many reasons other than waiting for alcohol to leave his system.  IMO, I'd have been a wreck knowing what I'd just caused and that the victim that he knew was not doing well or he may have received word that the victim didn't make it.  It's a small town, if it's anything like what I grew up in (though my hometown is lots bigger) news and gossip spread quickly.

Should he be held accountable for his wrong doing?  Yes, IMO.  But I'll wait and see what further facts come out before condemning him to a life sentence, pulling out my pitch fork, tar and feather or getting a firing squad together.  But that's JMO.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 am

mindless wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
Newto wrote:The trial is about this current incident.  Not sure if past problems can be brought up during trial.  Anyone here an attorney who could answer that question??

I'm not a lawyer but my daughter is a 20 yr. paralegal in Georgia that has worked a lot of these type cases. I'm aware the laws can differ from state to state but this is what she told me earlier today.  

The distract attorney will try to motion the court to allow past offenses brought in.  If the judge doesn't allow it and if Chris testifies and perjures himself (for example, saying that this is his first offense or he's never done anything like this before) the DA can use that to "impeach" Chris and bring forth the past offenses to prove he perjured himself. This is why most defendants don't testify.

Rather than do a new post I'm just going to type the rest of what she said right here.  She said that in her 20 yrs. she has never heard of a lawyer who told a client to hole up and wait on a warrant unless they were buying the client time to sober up.  In fact they would advise a sober/innocent client to cooperate fully with the investigation and take the breathalyzer.  She also said that they could have arrested him immediately without a warrant and in her opinion when he didn't cooperate it spurred the police to get a warrant so there wouldn't be any issues later. In other words they want all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  About him fleeing the scene she said that it doesn't matter if police had all his info, knew him personally or knew where to find him, unless an investigator gave him permission to leave he couldn't legally do so. If someone picked him up and drove him from the scene they will most likely be in legal trouble too. Last but not least, if there are open containers of alcohol they will check the temperature of the liquid.  FWIW

Like I said, this is based on Georgia law and my daughter's knowledge and experience with the subject matter.  I am in no way placing blame or innocence on Chris.  It's a sad situation no matter how you look at it.

Thanks for the information! I also thought they could've arrested Chris, if they'd got hold of him. The problem was that he was holed up inside a private residence, which they couldn't enter without permission, hence why they had to get a search warrant. I haven't seen any article mention an arrest warrant, just a search warrant, so I think the issue was entering the property to retrieve him. I also can't see the point of waiting in Chris's case, unless he needed to buy time. His attorney wasn't even present at court the next day in person, so I doubt she was at Chris's house at the time of the arrest either. And it's obvious that you can't just leave the scene even if you state your name to someone and leave your car in the ditch, otherwise all drunk drivers would do it. Not saying Chris was drunk, but how would they know since they couldn't test him until 5 hours later. If I was involved in a bad accident and panicking, I would think I'd be dying to prove I did nothing wrong, not run off and create more unnecessary suspicion, not to mention commit a crime by doing so. I really don't buy that Chris wasn't aware of it being a crime, since he kept being uncooperative and apparently didn't even tell them who picked him up. JMO.

It looks like in Iowa and Georgia an officer can enter a dwelling and make and arrest without a warrant under certain circumstances. One of the circumstances is the belief that a felony has been committed. Why they didn't just go in and get him remains to be seen. If I were to take a guess I would say there are a couple of reasons they didn't. One reason could be because of who he is. I mean, he's not high profile like Mel Gibson or Heather Locklear but this was going to get some national attention. Could also be that once they realized Chris wasn't going to cooperate and depending on the state of the alcohol containers they may have just decided to wait on the warrant to keep things above reproach.

Has there been any confirmation that a blood test or urine test was performed at the police station? Do we have any information on whether he out and out refused to take the breathalyzer or he just didn't show his face until the warrant arrived? I don't buy the bold either. This isn't his first rodeo.

One last thing my daughter said, While It may be harder to get a conviction of impaired driving without chemical tests it's not impossible. She says it really depends on how strong the circumstantial evidence is, how the judge instructs the jury and how good His lawyers are. She also said that if he has been uncooperative and continues to be won't do him any favors in the long run.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:42 am

The police are in the process of trying to obtain his blood test results from the hospital.

The open container/cans found at the site of the crash, the fleeing, being holed up for 5 hours and refusing to come out without a search warrant, the hiring of three high-powered attorneys. I still smell a rat, but that's JMOAA.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:44 am

Yes per local news blood and urine tests were taken that night.  But who knows to what good it is if there is alcohol he can say he drank once he got home.

And GA when I said pulled away I should have been clearer yes he walked away and then jumped in the red truck when it arrived a little ways up the road.  But that all occurred at the time the first responders arrived.  They mentioned it in their first communications onsite.

Last edited by Tiggerlgh on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by chi-girl Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:46 am

New ET Story:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-chris-soules-wasn-apos-200100969.html

chi-girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:59 am

chi-girl wrote:New ET Story:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/exclusive-chris-soules-wasn-apos-200100969.html

Yhese are the stories I personally take with a little grain of salt. Some truth for sure and some we may never know whether he was or was not drink.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:04 am

Well, sadly that ship has long since sailed, IMO (though I don't think it'd really needed in this case).

*snipped*
Soules hired three high-powered Des Moines, Iowa, attorneys, who have asked the public "not to prejudge this case based on media coverage."
Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:12 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I agree

Was it right to leave?  No, it's against the law.  As much as I'd like to say and hope I'd to the right thing, I don't know how I would react in the situation.  

And to add alcohol containers in a wreck can become open.  And even if open doesn't mean he was drinking or drunk.

The not coming out without a warrant makes things look worse, IMO.  But I don't know if he was acting on his lawyers advice (would think he was) and I won't begin to speculate on why he may have been told that.  But it could have been for many reasons other than waiting for alcohol to leave his system.  IMO, I'd have been a wreck knowing what I'd just caused and that the victim that he knew was not doing well or he may have received word that the victim didn't make it.  It's a small town, if it's anything like what I grew up in (though my hometown is lots bigger) news and gossip spread quickly.

Should he be held accountable for his wrong doing?  Yes, IMO.  But I'll wait and see what further facts come out before condemning him to a life sentence, pulling out my pitch fork, tar and feather or getting a firing squad together.  But that's JMO.

I feel sure the investigators have an entire bag of tricks to figure out what is going on with the alcohol containers in the car. Honestly, I can't think of one good reason why Chris would hide out, be uncooperative and demand a warrant unless there was something to hide.

I have my own personal story and it may shed some light on why I'm just not sympathetic to those who make the choice to drive impaired. Many years ago my husband's best friend was a DUI task force officer in our county. One night he had pulled over a suspected DUI driver. While he was talking to the suspect a car hit him at a high rate of speed and killed him instantly. The driver was drunk. He left behind a wife 3 small children and a community in mourning. The guy that hit him walked away without a scratch and was driving on suspended license since being convicted of a DUI a few months before.

I don't see anyone who's trying to condemn him to a life sentence. If he is found guilty of DUI you can bet your bottom dollar I will drag him like the scum of the earth he will quickly become in my eyes. I will adjust my stance depending on what facts come out in the coming weeks. I'm hoping for the best but honestly I'm expecting the worst. IMO

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:37 am

To me my motto when I was driving (Driving is a Privilege not a Right).  Driving while drunk is not okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:00 am

Well, I'm fairly certain that after reading all the posts in here the last few days, probably the only thing we all agree on in this thread is that driving under the influence is not ok.  

The thing is we don't know if he was or not.  One can connect dots and assume, but it does not make it fact.  Plus, because of the delay between the accident and the tests being done we may never know for sure.  But again, at this point it's facts verses opinions.

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX