SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 am

@pavalygurl  
I thought of all the times when I was young and drove when impaired and that luck, timing and the grace of God kept me from a similar fate.

Me too. One scary night was my wake up call. I was in my late 20's. Never had a drink since.

@Kashathediva so long ago, but I'm sure the memory is as if it was yesterday. People find comfort and deal with tragic situations differently.

For me I've never stopped going to the cemetery. Before I had my pups, I'd go by myself. Take a watering can, flowers, gardening tools,  and water other plots of strangers, they were once dads moms and children too.

Now I take my two pups, and we go see "grandpa" they have no idea, all they know is they get to walk around for an hour "visiting".

I hope somehow this thread has been comforting in some way to some. Thank you again, to all who share your personal stories. bestbud!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 am

AmoreBella wrote:http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/04/26/chris-soules-statement-fatal-accident-breaks-silence/

The article states once again there was alcohol present at the site of the accident. Was it opened or closed is the burning question. If opened, my opinion of Chris will take a nosedive. Right now, I am teetering on the fence about this entire situation. So many things just don't add up. Jmho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaysvictoria Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:26 am

Thank you to the many who have shared here. This has been very difficult for me, it very closely mirrors my story. I live in a very rural South Geirgia area and I lost my grandfather when I was less than a year old. He was driving a large tractor on his way to work early one morning when he was hit from behind. The impact knocked him off the tractor onto the highway where he died immediately. The vehicle that hit him was traveling at an excessive speed. The driver of the vehicle was a very well known wealthy businessman who was politically connected here in Georgia and had a long record of traffic violations. He walked away with no injuries, was never charged and never showed any outward signs of remorse. This accident devistated our family--in so many ways.

alwaysvictoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am

This link will keep the local story updated vs the Hollywood sites - http://www.kwwl.com/story/35233673/2017/04/24/chris-soules-makes-911-call-after-deadly-crash

Even if he left thinking help was there it still doesn't make sense to me especially to stay holed up inside his house for hours later. Since he caused it he should have known he needed to talk to cops or if not then came out as soon as they came to his home.

I pray for all involved.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 am

Yes, sometimes things don't make sense immediately after a senseless tragedy. Sometimes attorneys will advise a step back, a step of removal. To those not versed in those types of situations it does not make sense. Legal situations can become big balls of convoluted red tape in order to protect.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am

I thought that would create an ethical situation for his lawyer to tell him to leave the scene which is a crime. But if he left and called his attorney from wherever he was, maybe he told him to stay put and wait for a warrant given any alcohol or something else in his system.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 58 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:58 am

Tiggerlgh wrote:This link will keep the local story updated vs the Hollywood sites - http://www.kwwl.com/story/35233673/2017/04/24/chris-soules-makes-911-call-after-deadly-crash

Even if he left thinking help was there it still doesn't make sense to me especially to stay holed up inside his house for hours later.   Since he caused it he should have known he needed to talk to cops or if not then came out as soon as they came to his home.  

I pray for all involved.

Thanks for posting. We know that these are the facts. Alcoholic beverage containers were at the scene of the accident AND he was holed up in someone's house for 5 hours. I think what might possibly bother me about this situation is that he could have been drinking, had someone pick him up to hide, the liquor left his system in 5 hours and then he was arrested. I just want him to be truthful about this horrific tragedy. As I have stated before, he owes this to the family of Mr. Mosher.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 am

alwaysvictoria wrote:Thank you to the many who have shared here. This has been very difficult for me, it very closely mirrors my story. I live in a very rural South Geirgia area and I lost my grandfather when I was less than a year old. He was driving a large tractor on his way to work early one morning when he was hit from behind. The impact knocked him off the tractor onto the highway where he died immediately. The vehicle that hit him was traveling at an excessive speed. The driver of the vehicle was a very well known wealthy businessman who was politically connected here in Georgia and had a long record of traffic violations.  He walked away with no injuries, was never charged and never showed any outward signs of remorse. This accident devistated our family--in so many ways.

I am so sorry for your loss. You not only lost your beloved Grandfather, but the man walked away. That to me would be a hard pill to swallow. Like the old saying goes, you do the crime, you do the time. There needs to be a penalty for breaking the law, especially when it results in death. Jmho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:26 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/chris-soules-phone-determine-outcome-fatal-crash-article-1.3106889

I had never thought about if he was posting on SM at the time of the accident. Not saying he was, but this is a good reminder to put the phone down while driving.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:42 am

Mommyof2 wrote:
alwaysvictoria wrote:Thank you to the many who have shared here. This has been very difficult for me, it very closely mirrors my story. I live in a very rural South Geirgia area and I lost my grandfather when I was less than a year old. He was driving a large tractor on his way to work early one morning when he was hit from behind. The impact knocked him off the tractor onto the highway where he died immediately. The vehicle that hit him was traveling at an excessive speed. The driver of the vehicle was a very well known wealthy businessman who was politically connected here in Georgia and had a long record of traffic violations.  He walked away with no injuries, was never charged and never showed any outward signs of remorse. This accident devistated our family--in so many ways.

I am so sorry for your loss.  You not only lost your beloved Grandfather, but the man walked away.   That to me would be a hard pill to swallow.  Like the old saying goes, you do the crime, you do the time.  There needs to be a penalty for breaking the law, especially when it results in death.  Jmho.

Yes. Accidents happen, but if one happens because someone is knowingly breaking the law,**edited** No ifs and buts about it. I don't care if the perpetrator feels guilty for the rest of their life, they should! If you take someone's life with your selfish actions you should feel guilty. If you also tamper with the evidence, so to speak, to avoid true punishment, then you should feel doubly guilty! JMO.

I could've grown up a total orphan because some woman decided to drive down a highway drunk and hit my whole family apart from me in the process. Luckily no one was seriously injured, the drunk woman the most IIRC. I was still a kid so I don't even remember what punishment she got for that, but I can only thank my lucky stars my family members are still here. I have zero understanding for drunk drivers, absolutely zero. Putting other people in danger because you view traffic laws as guidelines you can follow at your own discretion, is beyond selfish to me. Cars are weapons!

Here are some facts about Chris's crash:

1. That road is flat and ruler straight and you can see down it for miles.

2. It wasn't even fully dark at the time of the accident, it was 15-30 minutes before last light, so whether the tractor had lights on or not, it shouldn't have been invisible to anyone looking.

3. Chris has been driving on those roads his whole life and knows full well there are plenty to tractors around this time of year since it's planting season.

4. He hit that tractor so hard the vehicles ended up in opposite ditches.

5. He fled the scene and hid in his house for 5 hours despite knowing it's a crime to leave the scene of an accident, after all he's been charged for it before.

I for one will be surprised if no further charges are added once the investigation is complete, but we'll have to wait and see. We might never know if he was drinking or not, since he fled the scene and didn't have his blood tested in reasonable time. no no Not something I consider smart or commendable but that's just me.

As leery as I am of computers, stuff like this makes me think self-driving cars can't come soon enough. Computers may suffer from occasional glitches, but they're not as stupid and irresponsible as humans. JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 am

My condolences to the Mosher family. Horrible tragedy.
On TMZ this morning there is an indication that Chris's
cell phone might have been involved, he loved taking pics
of sunsets there was a beautiful one that evening. The police
have his cell phone are checking Twitter and calls. Police also
Have indicated the skid marks show he tried stopping and he
was not going at a great speed. It sounds like driving tractors
might be as dangerous as motorcycles used to be. Do tractors
have tail lights,seat belts? the same safety precautions our auto's
have. I know nothing abt farm equipment. From reading posts
it seems tractors are used to ride around town. Perhaps this case
will bring on some safety laws for those who drive tractors.

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 am

these are facts and Iowa laws

http://news.iowadot.gov/newsandinfo/2010/10/farm-vehicle-safety-check-proper-equipment-lighting-and-marking.html

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 80 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX