SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Tiggerlgh Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:25 pm

beader wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:
leselihau wrote:Someone stated that it was day light out when the accident happened and I just want to clarify.  I live within a couple of hours of Arlington, IA....it's pretty clear the accident happened at 8:20pm which is absolutely NOT daylight hours here.  It's dusk....actually...it's after sunset.  The sun is setting right now around 8:00pm so it was absolutely "night time". Now not pitch black by any means....but also not full on daylight.  

I'm not going to presume to know what happened at that moment in time when the accident happened...but I did listen to the recording and that sounded like a very shook up CS to me.  Shock & Fear are two powerful emotions that can make an otherwise every day person due things that are far outside of their character.  I've seen it happen personally and others here have shared their stories.  My thoughts and prayers are with ALL who are touched by this tragedy.

The call came in around 8:20 which is still dusk - I didn't say daylight but still light out which it was.

Also if he called for a ride as it appears prior to 911 the accident would have happened a few minutes earlier (this also speaks to his priorities but I digress).  At that time of night every minute makes a difference on how light out it was - it was getting dark quickly but there was still light.

But saying that I will say it again this is a sad tragedy all around and there was no intent to harm.  I pray for all involved.

It could be that Chris did not even call someone to pick him up.  Someone who knew Chris may have just been driving the same road, saw the accident, saw that paramedics, etc. were present, and offered to take Chris home without even thinking about "leaving the scene."

I don't know that is why I said IF. If not I thought I read the Red truck was Chris' so its odd that someone was driving his truck just happened by after the accident. But I don't know for sure so I said IF. Either way he left the scene that is a fact and with his history he should have known better or learned quickly after the cops came to his door and cooperated then.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 65 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:33 pm

I am shocked that the fine for being on a cell phone while driving is simply 30 bucks. JOKE. What kind of deterrent is that? It makes picking your nose in public more of a deterrent. Shameful.
So then I became interested in what other state laws were. Maybe I should have taken a don't ask, don't tell POV. SMH. http://www.drivinglaws.org/topics/cell-phone-texting-while-driving-laws
Texas is really bad. Shame on you. I stopped after that .

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:44 pm

As someone who doesn't have a drivers license and has never been behind the wheel I don't know how it's even physically possible to look at your phone while operating a moving vehicle. Driving has always seemed super hard to me. (Maybe that's why I never got around to learning)

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I am shocked that the fine for being on a cell phone while driving is simply 30 bucks. JOKE. What kind of deterrent is that? It makes picking your nose in public more of a deterrent. Shameful.
So then I became interested in what other state laws were. Maybe I should have taken a don't ask, don't tell POV. SMH. http://www.drivinglaws.org/topics/cell-phone-texting-while-driving-laws
Texas is really bad. Shame on you. I stopped after that .

30 bucks? That's wild. In ontario it's at least $490 & 3 demerit points.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:57 pm

yana_bach wrote:As someone who doesn't have a drivers license and has never been behind the wheel I don't know how it's even physically possible to look at your phone while operating a moving vehicle. Driving has always seemed super hard to me. (Maybe that's why I never got around to learning)

I see it all the time. People with their heads down looking at their phones while driving. We really are a society quite attached to our handheld devices and I don't think it's very good. The selfie craze is a whole other story.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:00 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@mtnlvr55 thanks for the info.

Those fines need to be increased IMHO Ontario Canada you are looking at up to $1000. One of the guys in our office got pulled over around Christmas time, $480 two demerit points for him.

Re the public statements - IMO it has nothing to due with the charges against him. IA no one is obligated to say a thing publicly. During a tragic event such as this, is when you find out who your true friends are.

If this was my friend, I'd be on a flight at his doorstep, even for 5 minutes to let him know in person that I'm praying for him and to give him encouragement to get through it and deal with the consequences.

Friendship IMO doesn't end just because of a mistake, tragic accident, all of the above. IMO and my experience, people are quick to say I'm here for you, but they never pick up the phone, they never follow up. One is grateful for the ones who do stick by their side.

I would think who ever wanted to speak with him, would find the means to say a few encouraging words to know he's being thought of and most certainly doesn't have to be public, but the thought that one would hesitate offering a few kind words of encouragement to a friend just because of the charges, to me is simply not worth having as a friend IMHO.

Indeed and I'm sure his real friends have done just that. What his Bachelor acquaintances do or don't do however is up to them and they don't need to announce it to the world IMO. I personally found Britt's statement a bit odd since I don't think she's even met Chris since the show, but I'm sure she meant well.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:06 pm

I thought Britt's statement was nice though a bit OTT in true Britt fashion (still like her, think she was sincere).

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 65 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:14 pm

@ReneeM If you thought $30 was wild, read some of the other states. I was like :shocked!: I could not believe it. I forget where I read it, but a few secs reading a text, was like a whole football field of travel distance.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm not one to honk my horn at every little thing like they do in the bigger cities, but I take great pleasure being behind someone at a red light, where they are clearly on the phone and not paying attention when the light turns green, lay it on them!

My phone is in my purse while I'm driving. I don't care who's calling or emailing me when I'm driving. When I'm parked at my destination, I check it.

We have some pretty hefty fines, but it should be more. Although I think it has reduced the use of hand held devices somewhat, there is still a lot of the out there that do it because I see them.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AmoreBella Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:26 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/crime/chris-soules-new-legal-team-says-he-did-everything-to-help-victim-fatal-collision/amp/

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:25 pm

@AmoreBella Thanks for posting. I would love a gag order. It sounds like he has one of the best teams, I'm sure they'll be successful in obtaining gag order.

As we have seen, the media can be responsible for incorrect information, which we BTW don't want to be responsible for any part of it. IMO the gag order would be the best route for a fair trial.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71459

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:30 pm

I wonder if they will try to get the case redirected to a different county, like Polk where Des Moines is for a fairer trial. Wouldn't surprise me.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 72 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX