SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 66 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by sosleepy Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:16 am

When I was in my early 20s I got in my one and only car accident. It was my fault. I was texting (on old school flip phone, this was before smart phones. Texting was even more complicated then.) Luckily, thankfully, it was pretty minor. I rear ended someone at a red light and I wasn't going very fast.

Not proud. Just honest. Lesson learned.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 66 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:28 am

Personally, I have been lucky and not been involved in many car accidents on my end. Unfortunately, I have as a nurse and good samaritan been involved in several from a support stance. It's alway horrific.
Once it involved a child during school hours in a cross walk. A parent driving the speed limit could not see the cross guard crossing a child. The sun's glare was in his eyes. The parent was driving slowly, but still a child pitted against a car and the car will still win. The child was thrown into the air, glanced right off the car's front end and wind shield, broke his leg/femor and pelvis. I was driving my girls to school in my pj's and slippers rammed the car in park and jumped out to assist with first aid etc until the EMT's arrived. We are a voluntarily system so it was easily a good 5-10 minutes before anyone arrived.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:07 am

http://etcanada.com/news/221560/chris-soules-acted-reasonably-in-aftermath-of-fatal-car-crash-his-lawyers-say/?sf74266804=1

This article states that Chris attempted to resuscitate Mr. Mosher. I clearly heard the 911 operator ask Chris if he knew CPR and he replied "no."
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 pm

I was at lunch with a bunch of ladies yesterday and someone brought it up. One of them started saying that Chris was drunk and various other things, none of which have been stated as facts. That's the problem when the facts aren't known early on but that doesn't stop the media from reporting them. People tend to remember what they first heard and not the corrections. Sally Field commented on something like that many years ago and it's stuck with me. She said that the problem with reading the headlines on the cover of the rag-mags is that you may know it's not true at the time but your brain remembers the headline.

When I was a young teenager, my cousin's best friend and a few others were driving while drinking and got in a crash that killed a family of 5. The only survivor was a passenger in his friend's car. I often wondered how his life went after that.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

Post by BigFanXXX Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

It's a tragedy for everyone involved. I think Chris panicked and that's why he left the scene of the accident. That was a big mistake on his part. He probably wouldn't be facing serious charges unless of course it was proven that he had been drinking.

BigFanXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:http://etcanada.com/news/221560/chris-soules-acted-reasonably-in-aftermath-of-fatal-car-crash-his-lawyers-say/?sf74266804=1

This article states that Chris attempted to resuscitate Mr. Mosher.  I clearly heard the 911 operator ask Chris if he knew CPR and he replied "no."  

She also said if he didn't know how to do CPR she could walk him through it. Maybe he attempted it.Sometimes people say they don't know how if they are unsure of their ability. I'm a nurse and go thru training every other year but never done it in an emergency. I would feel apprehensive myself but would attempt it.....I hope I would anyway.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by TrishB Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:http://etcanada.com/news/221560/chris-soules-acted-reasonably-in-aftermath-of-fatal-car-crash-his-lawyers-say/?sf74266804=1

This article states that Chris attempted to resuscitate Mr. Mosher.  I clearly heard the 911 operator ask Chris if he knew CPR and he replied "no."  

Right after Chris said "No" the dispatcher told him she would guide him through it...
You can even hear Chris do the count ("1, 2, 3... etc) at one point Chris said he felt a pulse also... what a tragedy for all involved!

I was in a bad car accident October 2012 (Thanksgiving Sunday) My boyfriend was driving thank God! If it were not for his incredible defensive driving skills, I hate to think what would've happened! A Brinks huge truck bumped into us about 5-6 times on the drivers side. The driver failed to look into his blind spot and was trying to get on our lane, right on top of us... we were crossing a small bridge and my side of the car was scratching the rails of the bridge.
After banging us many times, the truck dragged us for over 20 feet! All I remember was my boyfriend's hands and knuckles fighting this truck every time we got hit! They were white because of the immense strength he was using so we would not be thrown over the rails...
It was very bad, the driver got charged, as well as the co-pilot. The guy inside the vault with the money did not get charged. I
was hurt but no broken bones. Had heavy bruises & bumps all over my body. Same for my bf.  I did go through a very severe PTSD & needed treatment/therapy for that.
The Brinks workers stayed at the scene, although the driver was very uncooperative...
We sued them of course, but that was another horrible experience.  I was no longer interested in anything to do with the case, the lawyers, the meetings, etc, because only 3 months after the accident,  I was hit by the most painful personal tragedy imaginable & PTSD does not even cut it sad

At least we got some $$ from Brinks, but I did not fight for what we really deserved. Wanted it to be over already.

Things do change in a blink of an eye... treasure the people you love & do not ever leave things or conversations or special moments for "later" or "another time" or even "tomorrow"
Smiley xox

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 66 Daniel12

"If I have seen far, It is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants" - Quoted by my beloved son Daniel on his HS Yearbook, June 2001 - Photo taken in Cusco, Peru by his best friend Thomas
TrishB
TrishB

Female Posts : 416

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:56 am

@TrishB Thank you for sharing your Brinks story. I hope you're doing ok. bestbud!

@albean99 I understand. There's always a lot of what if's when it comes to tragedy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:28 pm

I can't tell if it's Chris or someone rise on the scene in the call but someone tried CPR right after he asked if anyone knew how. Chris was definitely near Mr. Mosher at that time.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Kels0012 wrote:I wonder if they will try to get the case redirected to a different county, like Polk where Des Moines is for a fairer trial. Wouldn't surprise me.
From what I have read. Not many people are blaming Chris for the wreck, many are saying it was a terrible accident. I think moving it might be worse for him.

Last edited by mizzoufan on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Moving a trial is sometimes done when there are too many people in the home county who know the victim and/or the accused. Under those circumstances it is hard to get a jury who have little knowledge and/or bias. Of course it has been all over the news, and people have, unfortunately, formed their own opinions and/or conclusions. In any case, it will be a difficult situation for everyone involved. JMHO.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by BigFanXXX Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:58 pm

I heard on the news this morning that if he's convicted, he could get 5 years in jail.

BigFanXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 80 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 73 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX