SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:47 pm

He spoke to the authorities on the PHONE. Those are recorded records. How do you know what was or was not said when they arrived? As someone who has been there done that license plate numbers are recorded. Those give names/addresses. Once you make phone call, those have names and demo's attached.
I guess I don't need to hand you any rope as you carry your own.
SMH. Yes, AS mentioned he was charged with leaving the scene.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:49 pm

Buchanan County Sheriff Bill Wolfgram

Wolfgram said that Soules refused to answer his door for officers, telling them to contact his attorney. He said it took several hours for officers to write a search warrant application and get a judge to approve it, allowing them to enter the home to arrest him.

"We're running into some roadblocks when it comes to getting information," Wolfgram said, while acknowledging that Soules was acting within his constitutional rights.
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/news/national/sheriff-bachelor-star-refused-answer-door-crash-article-1.3103604

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71483

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:50 pm

@Kels0012 I'm thinking CS may have thought as soon as he did his job and given what he needed to to the authorities, he would have been cleared to leave.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:51 pm

We heard the entire 911 call they never told him to leave. She told him to stay on the phone then he said he would call her back and hung up. When do you thing he was told he could leave? If anything I heard something closer to the opposite (asking o remain on phone).

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:We heard the entire 911 call they never told him to leave.  She told him to stay on the phone then he said he would call her back and hung up.  When do you thing he was  told he could leave?  If anything I heard something closer to the opposite (asking o remain on phone).  

He was on the site and remained until authorities started to show up. That is what I heard and what I read via sources.
BTW as someone who has done CPR many times manually(meaning no ambu bag etc) in emergency situations and have had to call 9-11, when these situations arise, first the police arrive, then EMTS and then the paramedics. It happens as availability. So if paramedics are not available you are chit out of luck until they get there.
CPR is a phuck fest. It's scary for a lay person. You have to know what you are doing.
It's real easy to break ribs. You have to snap that head back. This is not TV. This is not every 2 yr certification work, it's hard work. It's hard to get that viable airway.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 pm

I won't argue with you but the order they show up can be very different than you describe in the country around here. It all depends on where the county officers are at and how fast the volunteer departments arrive . Growing up in the area Chris did it can be in any order. What I read on local news was the paramedics got there right as he was pulling away.

I guess we will all have to wait until more facts come out after the trial.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:18 pm

How do we know that he didn't go help CPR after he told them he'd call them back? Maybe he called his lawyer, couldn't get a hold of him, and left because he didn't want to give a statement until he spoke to his lawyer.

Everything we've read so far confirms he identified himself, he called 911, he asked others if they knew how to perform CPR, he was picked up down the road by someone in a red pickup. After that, we do not know the facts.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Of course, he was asked to remain on the phone. Of course, he should have remained at the scene. Of course, the situation should have been handled differently. But far be it from me to cast the first stone at anyone in any situation close to this. I am sure both family would love a do over.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:27 pm

It is crucial that we do not post any information that is not correct.

Tiggerlgh wrote:I won't argue with you but the order they show up can be very different than you describe in the country around here.  It all depends on where the county officers are at and how fast the volunteer departments arrive .  Growing up in the area Chris did it can be in any order.  What I read on local news was the paramedics got there right as he was pulling away.  

I guess we will all have to wait until more facts come out after the trial.

I'm not sure how he could pull away when the paramedics got there because according to this he starting walking north, then was picked up.

He then allegedly left the scene by walking north. It was then that witness saw him get picked up by the red truck. wrote:
http://people.com/crime/chris-soules-crash-warrants-secured-bloodwork-unidentified-truck-judge-seals-all-documents/

This is the statement from his lawyers.

http://people.com/crime/chris-soules-crash-warrants-secured-bloodwork-unidentified-truck-judge-seals-all-documents/
“While initial reports suggested Soules fled the scene, the 911 call confirms that Soules in fact was the one who contacted law enforcement immediately. During the call, he clearly identified himself and explained his role in the terrible accident,” the statement continues. “Soules attempted to resuscitate Mr. Mosher and remained on the scene with him until emergency medical personnel arrived. Soules’ attorneys are exploring the possibility of a gag order to prevent further misinformation from prejudicing Soules’ right to a fair trial.”

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Newto wrote:The trial is about this current incident.  Not sure if past problems can be brought up during trial.  Anyone here an attorney who could answer that question??

I'm not a lawyer but my daughter is a 20 yr. paralegal in Georgia that has worked a lot of these type cases. I'm aware the laws can differ from state to state but this is what she told me earlier today.  

The distract attorney will try to motion the court to allow past offenses brought in.  If the judge doesn't allow it and if Chris testifies and perjures himself (for example, saying that this is his first offense or he's never done anything like this before) the DA can use that to "impeach" Chris and bring forth the past offenses to prove he perjured himself. This is why most defendants don't testify.

Rather than do a new post I'm just going to type the rest of what she said right here.  She said that in her 20 yrs. she has never heard of a lawyer who told a client to hole up and wait on a warrant unless they were buying the client time to sober up.  In fact they would advise a sober/innocent client to cooperate fully with the investigation and take the breathalyzer.  She also said that they could have arrested him immediately without a warrant and in her opinion when he didn't cooperate it spurred the police to get a warrant so there wouldn't be any issues later. In other words they want all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  About him fleeing the scene she said that it doesn't matter if police had all his info, knew him personally or knew where to find him, unless an investigator gave him permission to leave he couldn't legally do so. If someone picked him up and drove him from the scene they will most likely be in legal trouble too. Last but not least, if there are open containers of alcohol they will check the temperature of the liquid.  FWIW

Like I said, this is based on Georgia law and my daughter's knowledge and experience with the subject matter. I am in no way placing blame or innocence on Chris. It's a sad situation no matter how you look at it.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:11 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:How do we know that he didn't go help CPR after he told them he'd call them back? Maybe he called his lawyer, couldn't get a hold of him, and left because he didn't want to give a statement until he spoke to his lawyer.

Everything we've read so far confirms he identified himself, he called 911, he asked others if they knew how to perform CPR, he was picked up down the road by someone in a red pickup. After that, we do not know the facts.

You can not leave the scene of an accident just because you don't want to give a statement.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:29 pm

cindebugg wrote:
Newto wrote:The trial is about this current incident.  Not sure if past problems can be brought up during trial.  Anyone here an attorney who could answer that question??

I'm not a lawyer but my daughter is a 20 yr. paralegal in Georgia that has worked a lot of these type cases. I'm aware the laws can differ from state to state but this is what she told me earlier today.  

The distract attorney will try to motion the court to allow past offenses brought in.  If the judge doesn't allow it and if Chris testifies and perjures himself (for example, saying that this is his first offense or he's never done anything like this before) the DA can use that to "impeach" Chris and bring forth the past offenses to prove he perjured himself. This is why most defendants don't testify.

Rather than do a new post I'm just going to type the rest of what she said right here.  She said that in her 20 yrs. she has never heard of a lawyer who told a client to hole up and wait on a warrant unless they were buying the client time to sober up.  In fact they would advise a sober/innocent client to cooperate fully with the investigation and take the breathalyzer.  She also said that they could have arrested him immediately without a warrant and in her opinion when he didn't cooperate it spurred the police to get a warrant so there wouldn't be any issues later. In other words they want all the i's dotted and t's crossed.  About him fleeing the scene she said that it doesn't matter if police had all his info, knew him personally or knew where to find him, unless an investigator gave him permission to leave he couldn't legally do so. If someone picked him up and drove him from the scene they will most likely be in legal trouble too. Last but not least, if there are open containers of alcohol they will check the temperature of the liquid.  FWIW

Like I said, this is based on Georgia law and my daughter's knowledge and experience with the subject matter.  I am in no way placing blame or innocence on Chris.  It's a sad situation no matter how you look at it.

Thanks for the information! I also thought they could've arrested Chris, if they'd got hold of him. The problem was that he was holed up inside a private residence, which they couldn't enter without permission, hence why they had to get a search warrant. I haven't seen any article mention an arrest warrant, just a search warrant, so I think the issue was entering the property to retrieve him. I also can't see the point of waiting in Chris's case, unless he needed to buy time. His attorney wasn't even present at court the next day in person, so I doubt she was at Chris's house at the time of the arrest either. And it's obvious that you can't just leave the scene even if you state your name to someone and leave your car in the ditch, otherwise all drunk drivers would do it. Not saying Chris was drunk, but how would they know since they couldn't test him until 5 hours later. If I was involved in a bad accident and panicking, I would think I'd be dying to prove I did nothing wrong, not run off and create more unnecessary suspicion, not to mention commit a crime by doing so. I really don't buy that Chris wasn't aware of it being a crime, since he kept being uncooperative and apparently didn't even tell them who picked him up. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX