SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitfam - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mindless Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:08 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
Seabear wrote:Certainly nothing wrong with campaigning to be the next Ette.  I am sure all the final contenders except the F1 will.  Caila is pretty, educated, accomplished, well traveled and outgoing.  Those don't seem to be bad qualities to me.   JMO

I agree that she looks good on paper...but so did Andi, who has now become one of the most polarizing leads in the franchise. You could have used any of those adjectives to describe her! I happen to think that a lot of those things are the consequence of being born in a privileged home and I can say from firsthand experience that those things don't prevent you from being entitled, arrogant, self-absorbed, attention-grabbing, etc. For me, personality is so much more important which is why I don't like to judge from a piece of paper (or even a very carefully constructed IG). I'm going to wait to see her in action, but I just don't have a good feeling. I don't know why. JMO.

I couldn't agree more. I don't judge these people based on the CV. Sure, it could say something about them, like say Kaitlyn's lack of career seems to be strongly linked to her living-in-the-moment personality, but a good CV doesn't make anyone likeable to me. High achievers often have unsavoury traits, because they treat life as a competition. Not all of them of course, but many. And when you're used to being adored, you may think you can get away with anything. Not saying this necessarily applies to Caila, but I do find it a bit alarming that she's got several people in the know saying less than complimentary things about her already. Sure, you can always pull the jealousy card, but it's not like the other women are ugly dummies, and no one's come to bash them yet.

She was one of my favourites originally, but I got a bad feeling about her the first time I heard about the boyfriend dumping just before the show. Then some people defended her and I was willing to keep and open mind, but all it took was a few seconds in the promo to make me dislike her again. RS posted what he did after that, so it wasn't his influence. She just bugs me already. I hope I'll be positively surprised though, since it'll be a long season otherwise!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

fitfam - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 42 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by loveactually9 Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:09 pm

If TPTB wants to have a love story with Ben and his F1, it doesn't mean the F2 has to be villainized. In fact, I think if Ben is so enamored with Lauren halfway through filming, then it makes it that much easier for the F2 to be considered as the next lead because viewers won't be as invested with Ben and his F2.

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:13 pm

^ I think the editing team will make it seem like there is a chance that Caila is F1 even if she isn't. Even really obvious love stories I have seen (particularly non-US ones) audiences fall for TPTB tricks of editing even when the lead picks the F1 night one with FIR (not talking about K here).

Bach NZ and Bette AU had very obvious love stories and very sweet love stories. Both gave their F1s the FIR. And yet, even with very obvious love stories, audiences were convinced it was all TOO obvious and thus they believed that the F2 would likely be F1.

It always seems to be the case with obvious love stories and Ben doesn't even have it this obvious since his F1 is not his FIR recipient but I still see the trajectory the same once it seems obvious who the F1 is... obvious... doubt doubt doubt and then FRC and back to obvious.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:57 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:It all depends on how the audience feels once Caila gets dumped. JMO.
I think it all depends on the other contestants, especially if Caila is F2. Kaitlyn was not F2 but F3 and thus was able to use her SM to focus on being next Bette and not pretending she won since F2 can be seen as possible F1 so if Caila is F2 she will give it away completely if she just tries to campaign for lead. Also Kaitlyn got to be on WTA to sway the audience. If Caila is F2 there is no WTA for her.

Furthermore, there are other girls already likely being seen as next Bette, especially if Caila is F2 which is not likely where TPTB will let their top choice for Bette. Imo, if Caila is F2 like I suspect then I see TPTB using her "center of attention" personality against her. Also, if Caila is aware that she may have been "duped" by TPTB (the F2 can usually be blindsided and kept away from knowing if the lead is into one person) then she will likely try to make it seem like SHE had no feelings for Ben and she is in "control" etc.

Anyway, as likely F2, I don't see her having a hope of being the next lead at all, no matter how she spins it especially with other contenders who get WTA to campaign. And more so, if TPTB want to have a "Perfect Ben/Ten" season 20 and showcase Ben's love story and Caila is F2? Then that will only add to her possibly getting a not so great edit.
Where is the proof that this is her personality?

If TPTB want her to be the lead, she will be. We have no idea who they have in mind. It could be Amanda for all we know.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:04 pm

BlackHalo wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
BlackHalo wrote:It all depends on how the audience feels once Caila gets dumped. JMO.
I think it all depends on the other contestants, especially if Caila is F2. Kaitlyn was not F2 but F3 and thus was able to use her SM to focus on being next Bette and not pretending she won since F2 can be seen as possible F1 so if Caila is F2 she will give it away completely if she just tries to campaign for lead. Also Kaitlyn got to be on WTA to sway the audience. If Caila is F2 there is no WTA for her.

Furthermore, there are other girls already likely being seen as next Bette, especially if Caila is F2 which is not likely where TPTB will let their top choice for Bette. Imo, if Caila is F2 like I suspect then I see TPTB using her "center of attention" personality against her. Also, if Caila is aware that she may have been "duped" by TPTB (the F2 can usually be blindsided and kept away from knowing if the lead is into one person) then she will likely try to make it seem like SHE had no feelings for Ben and she is in "control" etc.

Anyway, as likely F2, I don't see her having a hope of being the next lead at all, no matter how she spins it especially with other contenders who get WTA to campaign. And more so, if TPTB want to have a "Perfect Ben/Ten" season 20 and showcase Ben's love story and Caila is F2? Then that will only add to her possibly getting a not so great edit.
Where is the proof that this is her personality?

If TPTB want her to be the lead, she will be. We have no idea who they have in mind. It could be Amanda for all we know.
"Imo" was used at the beginning of that sentence since it is an opinion and "center of attention" was put in quotes since it was stated by those that know her personally. Again, everything it is subjective. One can see her as amazing and sweet and another as opposite of that -- and yet all views are from pre-sleuthing. Neither view has "proof" and doesn't mean either one is accurate or right or wrong for either viewpoint. I don't give benefit of the doubt with this show though, not 20 seasons in and for a show more about attention/fame/opportunities. All are in it for that but some prove that they are more than that or are more likable or whatever. It's not a reflection of reality in the same way that this show is not a reflection of reality. I don't see F2 as someone that TPTB want for lead... they'd likely give that person a different spot if they really wanted her to be, imo and based on reasons already been discussed.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:16 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I am just curious, and if this is an inappropriate post/question mods please delete, BUT do you think some people are having such a strong reaction to Caila because of how we felt let down my Kaitlyn and to some extent Becca who some of us were huge fans of last year?

I feel in someways there is a bit of a feeling of not wanting to be fooled again.  JMO.

Just my guess, but I think it has a lot to do with the people that have posted here (and on RS's site) that spoke in detail about her being rich, spoiled princess, attention seeking, annoying, dumping her boyfriend for the show, etc.. I personally haven't seen a contestant bashed like that by people they know before the season even started. I didn't pay too much attention to it originally, but when it keeps being repeated almost exactly, it seems like there must be something to it. Yes, it's definitely possible it's jealousy or bad blood, but I have a feeling it's more than that. Call it a gut feeling after her extensive 30-seconds snippet in the promo, but I was just like "yup, that girl's gonna bug me". JMO.

I don't go to RS, but here it is one person who observed her bad behavior but doesn't know her, just knows the ex. Unless I have read the thread wrong. The other was a person who did not get cast in Ohio while Caila did. RS claims to have heard the same but only posted when rejectee emailed him. Sorry, I don't believe anything RS claims to have heard anymore. If he had more direct dirt, he would tell it, IMO.

We have had at least two people who actually know and talked to Caila say how much they like her here. It is 50/50 to me.

I didn't see the annoying preview. But many hated Whitney's voice last season and I personally could not have given a crap about it.

Still going to wait and see. I was fooled by Kaitlyn and Becca and know think that Chris had a pretty rotten F3 except for Whitney. Who knows how I will feel this time.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:24 pm

^ IA. Just going to wait and see Calia in action on screen to form an opinion. 2pop

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:41 pm

BlackHalo wrote:She is already polarizing. I don't get bad vibes from her at all despite the negativity. I also have my suspicions of where it is all coming from.

I won't judge anyone because of where they come from. To me that's like saying someone who grew up in a trailer park is trashy and uneducated. It's categorical. No two people are the same. JMO.

Yes to the bolded.
I haven't really seen anything, IMO and from my POV to be polarizing about her. That's me.
I would definitely say both my kids grew up privileged in many ways. However, we tried not to make them believe they were entitled.
If I felt something they wanted wasn't needed, or was an extravagance, they worked for it and paid for it or didn't get it. This was a rule for a lot things. Both kids had jobs, one even during the school year, because she wanted to and her grades didn't suffer from it. Having a good work ethic is important to me no matter where you come from. Being independent and being able to stand on your own two feet is something every parent wants, I think. Maybe not.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:42 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
nothatgirl wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I am just curious, and if this is an inappropriate post/question mods please delete, BUT do you think some people are having such a strong reaction to Caila because of how we felt let down my Kaitlyn and to some extent Becca who some of us were huge fans of last year?

I feel in someways there is a bit of a feeling of not wanting to be fooled again.  JMO.

Just my guess, but I think it has a lot to do with the people that have posted here (and on RS's site) that spoke in detail about her being rich, spoiled princess, attention seeking, annoying, dumping her boyfriend for the show, etc.. I personally haven't seen a contestant bashed like that by people they know before the season even started. I didn't pay too much attention to it originally, but when it keeps being repeated almost exactly, it seems like there must be something to it. Yes, it's definitely possible it's jealousy or bad blood, but I have a feeling it's more than that. Call it a gut feeling after her extensive 30-seconds snippet in the promo, but I was just like "yup, that girl's gonna bug me". JMO.

I don't go to RS, but here it is one person who observed her bad behavior but doesn't know her, just knows the ex.  Unless I have read the thread wrong.  The other was a person who did not get cast in Ohio while Caila did.  RS claims to have heard the same but only posted when rejectee emailed him.  Sorry, I don't believe anything RS claims to have heard anymore.  If he had more direct dirt, he would tell it, IMO.

We have had at least two people who actually know and talked to Caila say how much they like her here.  It is 50/50 to me.

I didn't see the annoying preview.  But many hated Whitney's voice last season and I personally could not have given a crap about it.  

Still going to wait and see. I was fooled by Kaitlyn and Becca and know think that Chris had a pretty rotten F3 except for Whitney.  Who knows how I will feel this time.
That is what I read as well yet those comments seem to be taken as solid over the ones that were posted by her coworker and her friend. scratch I will be giving Caila the benefit of doubt just like I am doing for the other girls. No, those girls don't have people brave enough to come on boards and trash their character but it doesn't mean they don't have their own naysayers as well.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:46 pm

I think she's adorable, she has an infectious genuine smile, she has accomplished a lot at a young age, she has a job, and she appears very happy post filming. That's better that tweeting lyrics from sad songs.

I see nothing annoying about her at all. There have been a ton of IG pics we've seen from past contestants that were IMO very tasteless. There is nothing in her IG IMO to suggest she is anything but a young positive girl who is happy with whatever the end result was.

Even if she did clean up her IG, who wouldn't do that if they had an ex? There are more than enough older pics posted of her interests her family and friends that go back weeks and weeks ago.

I would at this point, be happy if she was the next lead. Being F2 IMO doesn't mean all that much. TPTB want ratings, she'll be in the mix for consideration IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:54 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I think she's adorable, she has an infectious genuine smile, she has accomplished a lot at a young age, she has a job, and she appears very happy post filming. That's better that tweeting lyrics from sad songs.

I see nothing annoying about her at all. There have been a ton of IG pics we've seen from past contestants that were IMO very tasteless. There is nothing in her IG IMO to suggest she is anything but a young positive girl who is happy with whatever the end result was.

Even if she did clean up her IG, who wouldn't do that if they had an ex? There are more than enough older pics posted of her interests her family and friends that go back weeks and weeks ago.

I would at this point, be happy if she was the next lead. Being F2 IMO doesn't mean all that much. TPTB want ratings, she'll be in the mix for consideration IMO.

:yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:09 am

I think making generalizations about a persons upbringing are just that....generalizations based on each of our particular biases.  I for one am planning on making my opinions on each of the cast, including Caila on what I see and perceive based on their/her behavior and edit during the airing of the show and post season SM.  Until then I plan to give all of them the benefit of the doubt. yes   JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+68
mizzoufan
Norcalgal
bronco18
Al
kimberlyg