SELECT CONTENT

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitfam - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 41 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:27 pm

There's always BIP. I could see her on that.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

fitfam - Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 41 Empty Re: Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Seabear wrote:Certainly nothing wrong with campaigning to be the next Ette.  I am sure all the final contenders except the F1 will.  Caila is pretty, educated, accomplished, well traveled and outgoing.  Those don't seem to be bad qualities to me.   JMO

I agree that she looks good on paper...but so did Andi, who has now become one of the most polarizing leads in the franchise. You could have used any of those adjectives to describe her! I happen to think that a lot of those things are the consequence of being born in a privileged home and I can say from firsthand experience that those things don't prevent you from being entitled, arrogant, self-absorbed, attention-grabbing, etc. For me, personality is so much more important which is why I don't like to judge from a piece of paper (or even a very carefully constructed IG). I'm going to wait to see her in action, but I just don't have a good feeling. I don't know why. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:34 pm

nothatgirl wrote:
Seabear wrote:Certainly nothing wrong with campaigning to be the next Ette.  I am sure all the final contenders except the F1 will.  Caila is pretty, educated, accomplished, well traveled and outgoing.  Those don't seem to be bad qualities to me.   JMO

I agree that she looks good on paper...but so did Andi, who has now become one of the most polarizing leads in the franchise. You could have used any of those adjectives to describe her! I happen to think that a lot of those things are the consequence of being born in a privileged home and I can say from firsthand experience that those things don't prevent you from being entitled, arrogant, self-absorbed, attention-grabbing, etc. For me, personality is so much more important which is why I don't like to judge from a piece of paper (or even a very carefully constructed IG). I'm going to wait to see her in action, but I just don't have a good feeling. I don't know why. JMO.
Great post and ITA. I happen to think she won't be lead, especially if she is F2 - which I think she is. I think she will be a polarizing person on the show. She seems to already have a bit of polarizing reactions while (other than Amanda who is a single mother) not many of the others have as much so far. I think this may be an indicator of things to come. Her edit will be interesting to watch as well - whether it reinforces this or not and makes her polarizing. I just get the feeling she will be - like Britt was.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 pm

TPTB has to be loving how much everyone is talking about Caila already. It should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Looking back on how everything turned out, I wish I had been wrong and we had a season of Britt as the bachelorette instead of the mess that Kaitlyn was.

I just don't get an Andi vibe from her so far, JMO, I think she is a confident girl who has an ex who is angry and some who are jealous of her. What I have seen here she doesn't seem to be a complete selfie taking famewhore want to be, at least not yet. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by loveactually9 Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:40 pm

In her defense, being born into a privileged home doesn't automatically guarantee her a lot of those things. Sure it can make her life easier but if she was dumb and didn't  take advantage of her resources, she wouldn't be as accomplished as she is.

ETA: And let's face it, MOST of these contestants come from somewhat privileged backgrounds

loveactually9

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:43 pm

I am just curious, and if this is an inappropriate post/question mods please delete, BUT do you think some people are having such a strong reaction to Caila because of how we felt let down my Kaitlyn and to some extent Becca who some of us were huge fans of last year?

I feel in someways there is a bit of a feeling of not wanting to be fooled again. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:44 pm

She is already polarizing. I don't get bad vibes from her at all despite the negativity. I also have my suspicions of where it is all coming from.

I won't judge anyone because of where they come from. To me that's like saying someone who grew up in a trailer park is trashy and uneducated. It's categorical. No two people are the same. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:50 pm

stuckinsc wrote:TPTB has to be loving how much everyone is talking about Caila already.  It should be interesting to see how it turns out.  

Looking back on how everything turned out, I wish I had been wrong and we had a season of Britt as the bachelorette instead of the mess that Kaitlyn was.  

I just don't get an Andi vibe from her so far, JMO, I think she is a confident girl who has an ex who is angry and some who are jealous of her.  What I have seen here she doesn't seem to be a complete selfie taking famewhore want to be, at least not yet.  JMO.

I never cared for Kaitlyn (neither her edit nor her SM behavior) during/on CS's season but once she was chosen as Bette gave her a chance but quickly went back to my original thought on her.  With Britt, she never bothered me - she just seemed like a hippie kind of girl, but I saw her as polarizing immediately and that was what ultimately put the nail in the coffin for her -- she became too controversial BEFORE the lead was chosen.

And that is what is key: the perception of the contestant before the lead is made for sure. Kaitlyn was adored by most during her season - it's how she got the gig and only as lead was controversial, NOT before. Imo, there's a fine line between getting people talking but if that is very controversial and before the season has started? Not good for a Bette lead gig even if not F2 (which I think Caila is). Controversy/polarizing works when the lead is already the lead but not before then. So if Caila is getting mixed reactions or seen as polarizing then that doesn't bode well for her, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:56 pm

A lot of people didn't like Kaitlyn straight out of the gate with her sex jokes and she became the lead. It all depends on how the audience feels once Caila gets dumped. JMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:56 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I am just curious, and if this is an inappropriate post/question mods please delete, BUT do you think some people are having such a strong reaction to Caila because of how we felt let down my Kaitlyn and to some extent Becca who some of us were huge fans of last year?

I feel in someways there is a bit of a feeling of not wanting to be fooled again.  JMO.

Just my guess, but I think it has a lot to do with the people that have posted here (and on RS's site) that spoke in detail about her being rich, spoiled princess, attention seeking, annoying, dumping her boyfriend for the show, etc.. I personally haven't seen a contestant bashed like that by people they know before the season even started. I didn't pay too much attention to it originally, but when it keeps being repeated almost exactly, it seems like there must be something to it. Yes, it's definitely possible it's jealousy or bad blood, but I have a feeling it's more than that. Call it a gut feeling after her extensive 30-seconds snippet in the promo, but I was just like "yup, that girl's gonna bug me". JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:04 pm

bluwavz wrote:She has a great smile from her IG pics.

She really does! And it's such smile of happiness to me, like her whole face smiles vs a posed smile face with pouted lips for the camera. Her IG account makes me like her even more than I already did and makes me doubt a lot of the negative stuff I've read. Sometimes a very happy, confident, successful young woman is enough for some people to find problems with.

I'm excited to see her on the show and hope,she has a chance at the Ette with the other top finishers.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:05 pm

BlackHalo wrote:It all depends on how the audience feels once Caila gets dumped. JMO.
I think it all depends on the other contestants, especially if Caila is F2. Kaitlyn was not F2 but F3 and thus was able to use her SM to focus on being next Bette and not pretending she won since F2 can be seen as possible F1 so if Caila is F2 she will give it away completely if she just tries to campaign for lead. Also Kaitlyn got to be on WTA to sway the audience. If Caila is F2 there is no WTA for her.

Furthermore, there are other girls already likely being seen as next Bette, especially if Caila is F2 which is not likely where TPTB will let their top choice for Bette. Imo, if Caila is F2 like I suspect then I see TPTB using her "center of attention" personality against her. Also, if Caila is aware that she may have been "duped" by TPTB (the F2 can usually be blindsided and kept away from knowing if the lead is into one person) then she will likely try to make it seem like SHE had no feelings for Ben and she is in "control" etc.

Anyway, as likely F2, I don't see her having a hope of being the next lead at all, no matter how she spins it especially with other contenders who get WTA to campaign. And more so, if TPTB want to have a "Perfect Ben/Ten" season 20 and showcase Ben's love story and Caila is F2? Then that will only add to her possibly getting a not so great edit.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Caila Quinn - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+68
mizzoufan
Norcalgal
bronco18
Al
kimberlyg