SELECT CONTENT

Let's talk about our own love stories

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's talk about our own love stories

Post by Diana Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:06 am

Susan, I love your story about meeting your man! So awesome! Y'all give me hope I'll find my soulmate one day!
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's talk about our own love stories

Post by Love_Me Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:16 am

Love this thread. Great Idea!
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:04 pm

I met my husband in May while with a friend. She asked him and his two buddies to give us a ride to the local watering hole. He was very shy and didn't say much but over the summer every time he would see me he would ask if I needed a ride anywhere. I had just come out of a bad relationship and so had he so we would sit and talk alot about things and what we wanted out of life. We never had a formal date but one weekend a bunch of us all went away with him and stayed at his mother's place. No hanky panky with anyone, just a group of friends having a weekend in the big city. Somehow over that weekend I realized just how attracted to him I was but didn't realize that he was feeling the same thing until very late Sun night or more like early Mon morning when he was dropping me off at my home. I got a little brave and said to him. "You know I really am starting to fall for you." He just looked at me in silence for a few minutes while I felt like a fool for blurting that out. Then he absolutely stunned me when he said, "Well the only thing I want to know then is will you marry me?". I said yes without even hesitating. We were married one month and 8 days later and now will celebrate 43 years together in Nov of this year.

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 2 TeamJemSigTag

Be aware of half truths - you may have the wrong half
If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Female Posts : 939

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:
San wrote:I can't wait to read all about the love stories!! I am 22 years old and single. No love story to be told from me.....yet. :-)

I just had my heart ripped out of my chest a few days ago so no love story for me either.

Aww sowwy, hang in there. handwave
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:19 pm

deedreamer wrote:I met my husband in May while with a friend. She asked him and his two buddies to give us a ride to the local watering hole. He was very shy and didn't say much but over the summer every time he would see me he would ask if I needed a ride anywhere. I had just come out of a bad relationship and so had he so we would sit and talk alot about things and what we wanted out of life. We never had a formal date but one weekend a bunch of us all went away with him and stayed at his mother's place. No hanky panky with anyone, just a group of friends having a weekend in the big city. Somehow over that weekend I realized just how attracted to him I was but didn't realize that he was feeling the same thing until very late Sun night or more like early Mon morning when he was dropping me off at my home. I got a little brave and said to him. "You know I really am starting to fall for you." He just looked at me in silence for a few minutes while I felt like a fool for blurting that out. Then he absolutely stunned me when he said, "Well the only thing I want to know then is will you marry me?". I said yes without even hesitating. We were married one month and 8 days later and now will celebrate 43 years together in Nov of this year.

What a beatiful and romantic story!!! Congrats on celebrating 43 years! That is truly amazing! blowkiss
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by twochicklets Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Someday I'll share my story, but for now I can tell you that when I was 35 years old I learned why they call it "falling in love" I thought I had been in love before, heck, I'd even been married! But it wasn't until I met the chicklets' father (and my DH) that I had the actual sensation of falling while we were dating. It was both heady and exhilerating at the same time. Falling in love is a beautiful sensation. I feel sorry for those that think they are in love (as I did before this) but really aren't. And please remember that I was 35 when this first truly happened for me, 22 years old is so, so young!!!! Kiss the frogs to find your prince!
twochicklets
twochicklets

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmommy50810 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 pm

I met my husband one summer when we ended up working at the same place. I am pretty shy and had recently gotten out of a bad relationship. But he really made an effort to talk to me and I slowly opened up. One night when I was working and he wasn't, he asked me if he could do laundry at the dorm I was living in for the summer, since all the laundry mats were closed. He was still there when I got back from work, so I invited him to wait in my room until his laundry was done. We ended up talking for hours. Both of us usually have trouble opening up to people, but for some reason it was so easy to talk to each other. We never had a formal date, but talked every day after that and hung out every chance we could. Because of my last relationship, I got scared and pulled away. But I soon realized how much he meant to me, that he was the real deal, my once in a lifetime love. That was 8 years ago, and in September we will celebrate 6 years of marriage. I love hearing everyone's stories...can't wait to celebrate many more years with my DH!

proudmommy50810

Female Posts : 511

Back to top Go down

Post by summerluvn Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks for sharing your stories. And you younger women, you have so much to look forward to. Being married to the right person is the most precious part of life in my experience.
Like J.P., my DH was a single guy into his mid-thirties. When we started dating he was 36 and I was 23. Though many questioned why a great looking, successful guy that age would be single, the truth was that he had never found the "right" woman. (Sound familiar? I think JP said something similar) DH had never even had a serious gf. I, on the other hand, had two broken engagements in my past. First one was my bf during my first two years of college who ended up cheating on me - ouch, hello heartbreak. The second was with a guy I started dating my senior year of college. As I was getting ready to mail the invitations a month before our wedding I had an epiphany. The only reason I was marrying this man was because we were dating when my mother passed away. I knew he was the last man that I could marry that she would know. He was not good husband material, still had a lot of growing up to do. He was BMOC during college, but after I graduated and he dropped it, he never changed that mentality. So rather than mailing the invitations I threw them in the dumpster at the school where I was teaching.
The next year I met the love the of my life. A friend told me that I always dated losers (now that is a true friend) and she knew a really nice guy I should meet. The first time I laid eyes on him I thought "Zing, he is the most gorgeous person I have ever seen"! People told me that we would never work as a couple b/c he was so shy he wold not talk to me. The first time we sat down to talk it lasted for hours. On our first date I knew that we would end up married, just a feeling inside that I did not have in my previous relationships. Two years later we were married in beautiful Maui Hawaii. Next week we will celebrate 24 years of wedded bliss. Has it been perfect? Nope, nothing ever is. Despite some bumpy roads the journey is well worth it. We are still crazy about each other.
My wish for JP and Ashley is that their love is magical and enduring.
summerluvn
summerluvn

Back to top Go down

Post by in2deep Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:51 pm

wonderful, summerluvn! If your anniversary is Tuesday, we were married on the same day!

OK, here goes - the short version. I met DUH at a PTA meeting. Yep. Parent-Teacher Association. I needed someone to take over the school newsletter BC (before computers). He came up later (he was wearing a checked shirt and a sweatervest - dorky but cute) and I fell for his deep voice. He flipped through the newsletter and said, "If this is what you've been doing, I'll bet we can do a real b*llbuster!" Well, that just flustered me all the way to purple. So he went on to be the Man of the Year (no kidding, this is all true), and I went on (literally) and moved away. Six days after moving, I knew my (then) marriage was over. DUH tried and tried to talk me out of it - he was a single father, and divorce was going to be the toughest thing I had ever been through. He was right. I wanted to date him and he said, "no...." [Insert Kim Carnes' Bon Voyage here] :crying: So I dated a guy who I couldn't take home to my son, and a guy who made a country western song out of everything... DUH took his kids to Expo 86 in Vancouver, and called me after a month of nothing (except I had finally bought living room furniture...). He said, "they tell me it's beautiful in Monterey this time of year." I said, "Oh, that's nice." To which he said, "I'm trying to ask you to fly to San Francisco tomorrow and drive down the coast with me." I couldn't talk. So I did, and that was 25 years ago next month. The next February, he asked me to marry him. When we told our boys, the elder one (his, who was 12) said, "You're kidding." My son (NP's dad!) said, "Thank you, Mom, for ruining my life." So we knew we had a lot of work to do... Fast forward: we've been through thick and thin, he makes me laugh (even in bed), Friday nights are date night (we eat late...), and Thursday we leave for a dream vacation - 16 days in Australia, including 6 days with our (his) daughter and her new baby.

I have a co-worker who refers to DUH as my "fake husband" because nobody could have such a romantic. Oh, trust me, this guy is real. Not perfect (men do not see dirt), but he makes my world brighter, my burdens lighter, and my bed quite a bit warmer...

Yeah, my next book is going to be about our journey. Thanks for listening. It's date night ;)

i2d

"Reality TV is to reality what love handles are to love." - J. McGinness
Ride on! 8)
in2deep
in2deep

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Awww I2D - that is so wonderful. Somehow I knew you would have date nights. Enjoy your night! :lovekiss: :married

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:09 pm

twochicklets wrote:Someday I'll share my story, but for now I can tell you that when I was 35 years old I learned why they call it "falling in love" I thought I had been in love before, heck, I'd even been married! But it wasn't until I met the chicklets' father (and my DH) that I had the actual sensation of falling while we were dating. It was both heady and exhilerating at the same time. Falling in love is a beautiful sensation. I feel sorry for those that think they are in love (as I did before this) but really aren't. And please remember that I was 35 when this first truly happened for me, 22 years old is so, so young!!!! Kiss the frogs to find your prince!

Your story is very inspiring to me!!! Thank you so much for sharing..... heartbeat ❤
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:11 pm

proudmommy50810 wrote:I met my husband one summer when we ended up working at the same place. I am pretty shy and had recently gotten out of a bad relationship. But he really made an effort to talk to me and I slowly opened up. One night when I was working and he wasn't, he asked me if he could do laundry at the dorm I was living in for the summer, since all the laundry mats were closed. He was still there when I got back from work, so I invited him to wait in my room until his laundry was done. We ended up talking for hours. Both of us usually have trouble opening up to people, but for some reason it was so easy to talk to each other. We never had a formal date, but talked every day after that and hung out every chance we could. Because of my last relationship, I got scared and pulled away. But I soon realized how much he meant to me, that he was the real deal, my once in a lifetime love. That was 8 years ago, and in September we will celebrate 6 years of marriage. I love hearing everyone's stories...can't wait to celebrate many more years with my DH!

Aww, such a beautiful story....You give me so much hope!!! Congrats on 6 years of marriage! :married You are truly blessed.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Let's talk about our own love stories

+16
Bloomers
nd4reality
in2deep
summerluvn
proudmommy50810