SELECT CONTENT

Let's talk about our own love stories

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's talk about our own love stories

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:14 pm

summerluvn wrote:Thanks for sharing your stories. And you younger women, you have so much to look forward to. Being married to the right person is the most precious part of life in my experience.
Like J.P., my DH was a single guy into his mid-thirties. When we started dating he was 36 and I was 23. Though many questioned why a great looking, successful guy that age would be single, the truth was that he had never found the "right" woman. (Sound familiar? I think JP said something similar) DH had never even had a serious gf. I, on the other hand, had two broken engagements in my past. First one was my bf during my first two years of college who ended up cheating on me - ouch, hello heartbreak. The second was with a guy I started dating my senior year of college. As I was getting ready to mail the invitations a month before our wedding I had an epiphany. The only reason I was marrying this man was because we were dating when my mother passed away. I knew he was the last man that I could marry that she would know. He was not good husband material, still had a lot of growing up to do. He was BMOC during college, but after I graduated and he dropped it, he never changed that mentality. So rather than mailing the invitations I threw them in the dumpster at the school where I was teaching.
The next year I met the love the of my life. A friend told me that I always dated losers (now that is a true friend) and she knew a really nice guy I should meet. The first time I laid eyes on him I thought "Zing, he is the most gorgeous person I have ever seen"! People told me that we would never work as a couple b/c he was so shy he wold not talk to me. The first time we sat down to talk it lasted for hours. On our first date I knew that we would end up married, just a feeling inside that I did not have in my previous relationships. Two years later we were married in beautiful Maui Hawaii. Next week we will celebrate 24 years of wedded bliss. Has it been perfect? Nope, nothing ever is. Despite some bumpy roads the journey is well worth it. We are still crazy about each other.
My wish for JP and Ashley is that their love is magical and enduring.

Oh my goodness...such a sweet story!! I enjoyed reading about it. :Congrats on 24 years! That is truly amazing.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's talk about our own love stories

Post by Admin Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:18 pm

in2deep wrote:wonderful, summerluvn! If your anniversary is Tuesday, we were married on the same day!

OK, here goes - the short version. I met DUH at a PTA meeting. Yep. Parent-Teacher Association. I needed someone to take over the school newsletter BC (before computers). He came up later (he was wearing a checked shirt and a sweatervest - dorky but cute) and I fell for his deep voice. He flipped through the newsletter and said, "If this is what you've been doing, I'll bet we can do a real b*llbuster!" Well, that just flustered me all the way to purple. So he went on to be the Man of the Year (no kidding, this is all true), and I went on (literally) and moved away. Six days after moving, I knew my (then) marriage was over. DUH tried and tried to talk me out of it - he was a single father, and divorce was going to be the toughest thing I had ever been through. He was right. I wanted to date him and he said, "no...." [Insert Kim Carnes' Bon Voyage here] Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 3 3100179927 So I dated a guy who I couldn't take home to my son, and a guy who made a country western song out of everything... DUH took his kids to Expo 86 in Vancouver, and called me after a month of nothing (except I had finally bought living room furniture...). He said, "they tell me it's beautiful in Monterey this time of year." I said, "Oh, that's nice." To which he said, "I'm trying to ask you to fly to San Francisco tomorrow and drive down the coast with me." I couldn't talk. So I did, and that was 25 years ago next month. The next February, he asked me to marry him. When we told our boys, the elder one (his, who was 12) said, "You're kidding." My son (NP's dad!) said, "Thank you, Mom, for ruining my life." So we knew we had a lot of work to do... Fast forward: we've been through thick and thin, he makes me laugh (even in bed), Friday nights are date night (we eat late...), and Thursday we leave for a dream vacation - 16 days in Australia, including 6 days with our (his) daughter and her new baby.

I have a co-worker who refers to DUH as my "fake husband" because nobody could have such a romantic. Oh, trust me, this guy is real. Not perfect (men do not see dirt), but he makes my world brighter, my burdens lighter, and my bed quite a bit warmer...

Yeah, my next book is going to be about our journey. Thanks for listening. It's date night ;)

i2d

That was a truly beautiful story I2d!!! You are so so blessed with a great guy!! Congrats girlie!! :sprinklehearts blowkiss

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone's stories are giving me the goosebumps!! Wow! I have so much to look forward to as I am so young now. Thanks for sharing ya'll.....I leave this thread with a big smile on my face. :D
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Everyone's stories are giving me the goosebumps! I really want that. I know I'm only 18 but I hope to find that kind of love one day that all of you share with your significant others. I wish you all a lifetime of love and happiness. heartbeat
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 am

San wrote:I can't wait to read all about the love stories!! I am 22 years old and single. No love story to be told from me.....yet. :-)

Same age, same story here, San! But these stories remind me that I have plenty of time and opportunity to find the love of my life Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:10 am

oh my goodness, these stories are all so heartwarming and beautiful! Thank you all so much for sharing. ❤ heartbeat

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:35 pm

All you single ladies will find your prince. I believe that you need to really know what you want and be open. It is so amazing when "he" literally falls into your life path.
I am married for 17 years and we dated for 8 prior to that so we have known each other for half our lives. We were just 17 and finishing high school. My story is pretty neat.
During the holidays my mum insisted on us going for daily mass. I would see this tall handsome guy also attending daily mass. I knew his name etc, since our community was really small but had never been introduced to him.
One early morning, my mum woke me up very early to tell me that my cousin lost her baby, he was a premie and got jaundice and didn't make it. With this sad news in the family I cried, dropped off to sleep and then overslept. So instead of going to church with my (girl) friends, I took my bicycle to church so I wouldnt be late. It so happened that a group of our guys friends saw my cycle outside the church and "hid" it around the corner of the church. So afterwards, I had to look for my cycle ! My (now) husband was standing right at one of the church corners talking to a guy friend who I was friends with too. He of course introduced us and then after that my husband would constantly talk to me about music etc till he finally took me for a concert. All I know is that the minute I met him I knew that he would be my boyfriend. The attraction was instant and the conversation was easy. Plus I had a crush on him previously and he me (something we found out later lol). We always quote the George Micheal song with the lyrics "turn a different corner and we never would have met" and that is so true.
I am grateful for such a wonderful man to walk through life with - he is my love and best friend all rolled into one .... despite the fact that he hates TB/Bette lol. 25 years (dating and marriage comibined) and 2 boys later - he still is my prince.
BTW - the friend who introduced us later became our best man, my sons god-father and I am god-mother to his daughter too.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:13 am

nd4reality wrote:All you single ladies will find your prince. I believe that you need to really know what you want and be open. It is so amazing when "he" literally falls into your life path.
I am married for 17 years and we dated for 8 prior to that so we have known each other for half our lives. We were just 17 and finishing high school. My story is pretty neat.
During the holidays my mum insisted on us going for daily mass. I would see this tall handsome guy also attending daily mass. I knew his name etc, since our community was really small but had never been introduced to him.
One early morning, my mum woke me up very early to tell me that my cousin lost her baby, he was a premie and got jaundice and didn't make it. With this sad news in the family I cried, dropped off to sleep and then overslept. So instead of going to church with my (girl) friends, I took my bicycle to church so I wouldnt be late. It so happened that a group of our guys friends saw my cycle outside the church and "hid" it around the corner of the church. So afterwards, I had to look for my cycle ! My (now) husband was standing right at one of the church corners talking to a guy friend who I was friends with too. He of course introduced us and then after that my husband would constantly talk to me about music etc till he finally took me for a concert. All I know is that the minute I met him I knew that he would be my boyfriend. The attraction was instant and the conversation was easy. Plus I had a crush on him previously and he me (something we found out later laugh out loud). We always quote the George Micheal song with the lyrics "turn a different corner and we never would have met" and that is so true.
I am grateful for such a wonderful man to walk through life with - he is my love and best friend all rolled into one .... despite the fact that he hates TB/Bette laugh out loud. 25 years (dating and marriage comibined) and 2 boys later - he still is my prince.
BTW - the friend who introduced us later became our best man, my sons god-father and I am god-mother to his daughter too.

I loved reading your story! It's very unique and romantic. :Congrats on 25 years! That is so amazing. Thank you for sharing! blowkiss
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:22 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:
San wrote:I can't wait to read all about the love stories!! I am 22 years old and single. No love story to be told from me.....yet. :-)

I just had my heart ripped out of my chest a few days ago so no love story for me either.

"Weeping lasts through the night, but joy comes in the morning."

Brighter days are ahead, and when you do find that someone, it will be that much more special because you will have something with which you can compare the relationship - the good to the bad. Just hold on and know that it's coming in its due time. :hug:

P.S. If I am anywhere around at that time, I want to hear about it. :gotcha:

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by jello1592 Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:46 pm

Wow! What an amazing/inspiring thread! I myself am very young and am not really looking for anything right now! But I hope to oneday find what all you have! Such beautiful stories :lovecoffee:

Romans 8: 37-39
PINKHEART
jello1592
jello1592

Female Posts : 3284

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Today's is my 4 year anniversary with my mannnn. We started dating when we were in high school and have been inseparable ever since. Even though he had class and I had work all day he made us pancakes for lunch (while I made him dinner to take with him to school) and we ate together before we both had to run. It's the little things that always matter most to me. :tackle:

We're going out Saturday for dinner but today was perfect.

All of these stories are so inspiring and I love this thread so much!
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 pm

CarrieA wrote:Today's is my 4 year anniversary with my mannnn. We started dating when we were in high school and have been inseparable ever since. Even though he had class and I had work all day he made us pancakes for lunch (while I made him dinner to take with him to school) and we ate together before we both had to run. It's the little things that always matter most to me. Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 3 480411097

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 3 Happy-anniversary-1
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 pm

CarrieA wrote:Today's is my 4 year anniversary with my mannnn. We started dating when we were in high school and have been inseparable ever since. Even though he had class and I had work all day he made us pancakes for lunch (while I made him dinner to take with him to school) and we ate together before we both had to run. It's the little things that always matter most to me. :tackle:

Aww, congrats, Carrie! heartglasses
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Let's talk about our own love stories

+16
Bloomers
nd4reality
in2deep
summerluvn
proudmommy50810