SELECT CONTENT

Let's talk about our own love stories

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 4 Empty Real life proposals - let's share our stories!

Post by Relalou Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

OK many threads look back over the romantic things bach/ettes have said to their significant others, and the way that they have proposed. So... why don't we share our own proposal stories: Mine makes me giggle because... well you'll see.

I'd been dating my boyfriend for about a year when one day he casually threw into the conversation "do you want to get married some day?". I said "yes". He said "ok, but it would have to either before February or after August coz that's the busiest time for work". I realized that this was actually my proposal! Not the most romantic, or the most obvious, but he's been paying for it for over 25 years! He groans whenever the proposal gets brought up! Gotta love him!

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's talk about our own love stories

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

uh oh... well how I met HIM is on my blog from a while back (if you're interested: http://wp.me/p1Pls6-Ay)

as for proposal... well it wasnt a surprise since we had picked a ring, but I didn't know when he would actually propose.. which he did a Saturday morning, while I was buttering toasts in the kitchen... I still had the knife in my hand when I said yes :)

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about our own love stories - Page 4 Empty Re: Let's talk about our own love stories

Post by Relalou Mon May 20, 2013 5:25 pm

sophienette wrote:uh oh... well how I met HIM is on my blog from a while back (if you're interested: http://wp.me/p1Pls6-Ay)

as for proposal... well it wasnt a surprise since we had picked a ring, but I didn't know when he would actually propose.. which he did a Saturday morning, while I was buttering toasts in the kitchen... I still had the knife in my hand when I said yes :)
Nice! I did go and read it! I married a Belgian and I'm English! Went to Brussels to spend a few months improving my French - ended up staying over 10 years and marrying my "chou!"

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 5:26 pm

Relalou wrote:
sophienette wrote:uh oh... well how I met HIM is on my blog from a while back (if you're interested: http://wp.me/p1Pls6-Ay)

as for proposal... well it wasnt a surprise since we had picked a ring, but I didn't know when he would actually propose.. which he did a Saturday morning, while I was buttering toasts in the kitchen... I still had the knife in my hand when I said yes Smiley
Nice! I did go and read it! I married a Belgian and I'm English! Went to Brussels to spend a few months improving my French - ended up staying over 10 years and marrying my "chou!"

So cute! Do you speak French at all? My Mark doesn't still! Married 10 years next week giggling

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Relalou wrote:OK many threads look back over the romantic things bach/ettes have said to their significant others, and the way that they have proposed. So... why don't we share our own proposal stories: Mine makes me giggle because... well you'll see.

I'd been dating my boyfriend for about a year when one day he casually threw into the conversation "do you want to get married some day?". I said "yes". He said "ok, but it would have to either before February or after August coz that's the busiest time for work". I realized that this was actually my proposal! Not the most romantic, or the most obvious, but he's been paying for it for over 25 years! He groans whenever the proposal gets brought up! Gotta love him!

Well, it may not be the most romantic, but 25 years and counting = very meaningful Smiley clapping!

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Mon May 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Oui! Nous avons parle francais pendant 15 ans ensemble et j'ai essaye d'elever les enfants en parlant francais. Maintenant c'est l'anglais aux Etats Unis!

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Mes enfants sont bilingues, mais pas mon mari :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon May 20, 2013 6:05 pm

We have a thread to discuss our love stories.

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t324-let-s-talk-about-our-own-love-stories

I am going to merge this thread with that one. yes

Thanks for sharing those with us. :inlove

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Mon May 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Met my guy in a nightclub in Brussels. Spotted him dancing right away - and apparently he spotted me too! I used to enjoy dancing, but always went with a group of girlfriends and we would all dance together. Heard a voice asking me to dance, looked up to give the usual "no thanks" and, there he was! We danced till 4a.m. and then I went home with my friends (crushed that he didn't ask for my number). Went back to the nightclub the following week and he was there (apparently he had a business meeting that night and had pulled all 6 of his colleagues with him to the club in case I was there!) We danced... and then went home without him asking for my number! Finally, week three, he asked me out. We dated for a year, were engaged for 10 months and now married for almost 27 years!

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Let's talk about our own love stories

+16
Bloomers
nd4reality
in2deep
summerluvn
proudmommy50810