SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 15 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by Beach Lover Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:59 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
AnandaMarie wrote:
As for picking sides, you clearly seem to have picked Josh's side which is fine. Some chose to pick the other side, that's fine as well. If Josh was so great, why didn't everybody pick his side instead? snipped.

Why is there the need to choose side's to begin with? If Josh got back with his ex, would he be loved all over again? What factors determines who's side to pick? If he didn't participate in any reality tv or any media, and the ex did, is that ok? Is that fair?

It's silly IMO to choose any sides. I have several friends over the years that divorced or split, I'm not about to chose sides regardless of who's decision it was to end the relationship and trash the other. I liked them together, and I like them separated. I respect their decision, it's their life and they make decisions that they feel are the best choice for them. I was in the same boat years ago, no one chose sides. Everyone who were our friends, remained friends. Often times, after 25+ years when their kids are getting married, we are both invited to weddings and special family occasions. Just had another wedding this past August.

We may not agree with what Josh is doing with his life, but same goes for the ex, and IMO it doesn't have any weight in choosing sides. They are all the same. One goes on reality tv, the other writes a book about her break up.

Great points GA! I totally agree, especially with the bolded.  In our "real" world we have more insight on why our friends split up.  We've personally witnessed how they are together, gotten both sides of the story and therefore are better able to understand and accept why things didn't work out. In the "realty" world that same insight doesn't exist. We start with a highly edited image of our favorite couples and when they split all we are left with are PR statements, one sided interviews and SM which does not tell the whole story. That leaves so much interpretation to the fans.

I don't feel I took a side in this breakup, just like I haven't with my real life friends who've gone through one.  I loved Josh and Andi as a couple but I don't have this hopelessly romanticized view of them getting back together so I want them to find happiness in their lives separately.  I was at first very disappointed with Andi moving to NYC but now I see that she really seems to be thriving there so good for her.  If Josh really wanted to be the Bachelor then I would have supported that and would have enjoyed watching him hopefully find love again.  I do think the Producers made the smart decision choosing Ben, but I think a lot of that is because in addition to being well liked and current, he didn't have the "baggage" that Josh had. Having the most recent F1 as lead is just a tough sell, especially when it's a recent split and it's a very beloved couple as I think Josh and Andi were.  I saw a shift in some "fans" amid the rumors that Josh was interested in being the Bachelor.  I saw the same thing when he went public with Anna.  So whether you call it fans choosing "sides" or them just deciding they don't like Josh anymore, it does seem very apparent to me that there are some very vocal people that do not want him to move on and find love with anyone if it's not Andi.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9 - Page 15 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

Post by AnandaMarie Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Loveinterest wrote:From his heartfelt emotional posts, his grandfather was in rapid declining health and Josh commenting how he was spending as much time with him as possible.  His grandfather did pass away during the filming of BIP.  Whether that was the reason or he thought there would be too much drama, or there was no one he was attracted to I think that's fine.  It wasn't for him.  Perhaps he felt he did the Bachelor franchise thing and was looking for other opportunities.  I don't think he is a bad guy or arrogant for passing.  Perhaps he just simply doesn't like the premise of the show, hooking up with woman then being more attracted to someone new who comes and hooking up with them.  I seriously doubt he bought followers.  He had a large fan following before he went on TB. Maybe he was hoping to be TB.  Why not?  Most guys would love that opportunity.

Of course he was hoping to be the bachelor. That's why he didn't do BIP. BIP would have hurt his image and would have lowered his chances of being the bachelor. IMO I have no doubt he loved his grandfather but I don't think that's the reason he didn't do BIP.
If Josh doesn't like the premise of a show where he'd have to hook up with more than one girl, then why would he want to be the bachelor? Being the bachelor involves hooking up with more girls than he would have hooked up with on BIP.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Female Posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:21 pm

I am much less of a Josh fan than I was, but as Kasha pointed out he was very close to his grandfather. I respect that he wanted to be near him when it was obvious he was close to the end.

Who cares if he didn't do BIP? He also made fun of Nick for going on the bachelorette again. So what? He will get his karma when this show he did airs as it sounds like it will be a bigger trainwreck than either BIP or possibly even Kaitlyn's bachelorette.

Josh is just like anyone else, he has good and bad points. None of us know why Josh turned down BIP and chose to do Famously Single (?), and I don't think he has said why either. But to minimize his relationship with his grandfather or how it could have effected his decisions is unfair IMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:43 pm

Stucki, you reminded me how hypocritical Josh is.
He made fun of Nick, but he himself was out there for another TV appearance!!
That is almost too funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:00 am

All this talk about Josh turning down BIP because the thought he had a chance at the next lead, has it ever been confirmed that he was even invited to be on BIP?

If he wasn't asked, it doesn't matter what he thinks of BIP.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:14 am

I'm just personally looking forward to snarking on him while watching him on "Famously Single" while drinking a nice glass of wine or two Smiley. I wonder how many times he'll mention Advocare... unless he went broke from it already and that's the real reason he's back on TV....

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:21 am

There's always Amway or Herbal Life.
If that doesn't work I hear there is a pet/owner reality version of Couples Therapy in the making. Josh and Sabel could apply.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:57 am

I have friends in AdvoCare and they said Josh has the fastest and largest growth of any team in AdvoCare history and apparently earned over 400K his first year. He has earned several trips from the company as a top producer and is going on a fully paid 7 day Caribbean cruise next week for 7 days as a top producer for his level. Not many bags of rocks start from scratch & make that kind of $ in multi level marketing in 1 year. I've also read hundreds of comments on his AdvoCare fb page of people thanking him for helping change their lives and for constantly encouraging them.  I think he loves what he's doing, believes in the products and enjoys helping others. Rather than endorsing a lot of different products he stuck with one that he and his family were already using.  Apparently, his brother is an AdvoCare endorser.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:01 am

Ugh, I know this isn't the topic on hand, but I think Advocare is a horrible product. I'm not surprised he was able to do so well considering his level of fame, but it definitely doesn't make me respect him any more to know that he actually believes in this stupid product. JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:13 am

I'm not surprised he made alot of money with Advocare. His fame from the bachelorette is the only reason he was able to do so well. If not for the bachelorette, nobody would know who he was and nobody would buy Advocare from him. It really didn't require much intelligence for him to sell Advocare, just fame. I totally agree though, I think Advocare is a horrible product as well. I'd never use something like that. There are so many negative comments about it online and a doctor told me that it's one of the worst things you can put into your body.
Josh might be "helping" people, but I think it's primarily a business and it's about the money.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:44 am

AdvoCare has worked great for Josh and thousands of others. I respect that he isn't endorsing a bunch of products but has stayed with just one that he believes in. I have done multi tiered marketing and I don't care how popular you are, it's a lot of work to keep a team motivated. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by AnandaMarie Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:01 am

What's wrong with endorsing multiple products? Nobody uses only one product so if someone uses more than one product and they think it's great then what's wrong with endorsing all of them? I don't have a problem with these former contestants endorsing products, they all do it. It doesn't matter if it's one product or several. They endorse it for the money so the intention is the same.
I personally don't think Advocare is a good product and I'd never use it. Some people like it, but there are so many negative reviews online that it's scary.
AnandaMarie
AnandaMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #9

+69
sosleepy
Eagle Eye
Tiggerlgh
eirekay
Joshswife