SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 10 of 84 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 47 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:16 pm

nothatgirl wrote:Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think he just said that in response to the questions they're getting from the media after Unreal cast a black lead. It just seemed like a way to avoid giving a real answer. I think they'll end up doing the same thing when they had the racial discrimination lawsuit, which was basically giving us 3-4 WOC in Sean's season, instead of the typical 1-2. That's not to say I think that Caila doesn't have a shot, just that his words don't mean they've already decided. Also, technically, Persians are considered Caucasian so that would be really pushing it to call her "diverse", IMO.

Yup. I bet that was asked because of Unreal.
I'll believe it when I see it.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

teamcaila - The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:21 pm

nothatgirl wrote:Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think he just said that in response to the questions they're getting from the media after Unreal cast a black lead. It just seemed like a way to avoid giving a real answer. I think they'll end up doing the same thing when they had the racial discrimination lawsuit, which was basically giving us 3-4 WOC in Sean's season, instead of the typical 1-2. That's not to say I think that Caila doesn't have a shot, just that his words don't mean they've already decided. Also, technically, Persians are considered Caucasian so that would be really pushing it to call her "diverse", IMO.
I don't doubt it, but it still doesn't change the rest of the logistics.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:24 pm

ABC really has no excuse not to go there. Their top rated shows are lead by black women (Scandal, HTGAWM). It would only help the franchise to cast a diverse lead IMO.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:45 pm

BlackHalo wrote:ABC really has no excuse not to go there. Their top rated shows are lead by black women (Scandal, HTGAWM). It would only help the franchise to cast a diverse lead IMO.

Totally agree. Even ABC shows like Fresh of the Boat, Black-ish, and Quantico are doing really well, so obviously, diversity isn't as big of a "risk" as they used to assume and, in fact, it usually brings in new viewers. I thought I read that's partly why JP's season did so well in ratings.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 pm

I would be excited for Caila. But I would be thrilled if they pick Jubilee. She was featured a lot for a not top 6 woman in the season sneak peak.

JoJo just doesn't do it for me, but I am not a fan of rich girl, who use mommy and daddy money to fund her impressive business. Also house flipper in DFW doesn't impress me much, this is Sean's current career too. Meeh. I am trying to stay open to like her more, but ding bat you went to Baylor, the Longhorn is Austin, not Dallas. Ben was right. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Add Scandal and How To Get Away With Murder to the list of wonderfully diverse casting on ABC.  I read another article on Variety and Paul Lee said ABC is really pushing for diversity in casting their shows.  I am glad.  That is a real representation of America.

I really think that Caila will be the next Ette.

I really look forward to getting to "know" her this season.  She seems to have a lot going for her and the dynamic type of personality needed for a lead.
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:35 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I would be excited for Caila. But I would be thrilled if they pick Jubilee. She was featured a lot for a not top 6 woman in the season sneak peak.

JoJo just doesn't do it for me, but I am not a fan of rich girl, who use mommy and daddy money to fund her impressive business. Also house flipper in DFW doesn't impress me much, this is Sean's current career too. Meeh. I am trying to stay open to like her more, but ding bat you went to Baylor, the Longhorn is Austin, not Dallas. Ben was right. JMO.
Caila comes from a very wealthy background too, though. Even if her parents didn't use their connections to get her a job, they spent 400k just to pay for her HS and undergrad degree. . I'm sure both girls are working hard to build their success, but that type of privilege certainly does give you an advantage in life. To me, caila and Joelle aren't too different in that respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:38 pm

$400,000?? how do we know this?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:45 pm

Well, I'm estimating but WRA is 35k/year for tuition (50k if she boarded, but idk about that) and BC is about 60k/yer.

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:53 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I would be excited for Caila. But I would be thrilled if they pick Jubilee. She was featured a lot for a not top 6 woman in the season sneak peak.

Except she didn't draw a longhorn. Just a regular cow head and cowboy boots, for Dallas Cowboys. At least, you conceded that the mommy and daddy funded business is "impressive," hahaha!

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgirl Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:54 pm

I agree that the racial diversity we now see on TV is a good start.  But I don't think it applies for this show or potential leads.

Those people are ACTORS.  They say words that other people write.  They put on personalities that other people develop.  Shonda Rhimes & others CREATED them.

I don't think it's anything like leading this show. And I don't care what color you are if your personality sucks.
metalgirl
metalgirl

Female Posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:08 am

julychild wrote:

Except she didn't draw a longhorn. Just a regular cow head and cowboy boots, for Dallas Cowboys. At least, you conceded that the mommy and daddy funded business is "impressive," hahaha!

It actually had the horns of a longhorn and the huge boots are in front of a mall in San Antonio. Lived in SA for a year and Austin for 11 years. The star of the Cowboys was always Dallas to me. Actually, I don't find flipping houses impressive, especially as I don't know if she has sold one or is sinking mommy/daddy money in hopes of becoming the next HGT tv or house flipper show. As I said Sean Lowe is flipping houses in Dallas too. His fancy one has already been reduced and last I heard had not sold. So until I hear that she has actually sold a house or two, I will wait to be impressed, until then she is just spending someone else's money. JMO.

Also, I realize Caila went to expensive schools as well. But, she is actually earning a living now, not asking her parents to buy her a career.

I do admit, I get more spoiled little rich girl vibe from JoJo and that pushes my personal dislike button, which is not her fault. But, if I am wrong I will be happy to admit it. Always have been, always will be.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 84 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 47 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala